Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
boss-
I airball my layups

boss- has an OK reputation so far
Default al jeff

he deserves to be in the all-star game if were talking abo9ut individuals season
look at wades team and hes a starter all jeff is having a better season then boozer
boss- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: al jeff

yeah, truly Wade's spot was undeserved this year if an ASG is based on individual as well as team merit, but those are fan votes so nothing significant that we could do about that.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

he'll definitely be there next season book it.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
he'll definitely be there next season book it.

I don't know man. Not to say that he doesnt, because he definitely does, but there are a bunch of other rising young bigs in the West that he'll be competing with, plus being on a winning team helps a great deal. There's Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, Chris Kaman, Andres Biedrins, Greg Oden (possibly), and that's not even mentioning Shaqzilla, Yao, Duncan (perhaps), or Marcus Camby.

There aren't enough spots on the All-Star Team to reward everyone who deserves one. So the question is: Does the N.B.A. add molre spots, or keep them the way they are. More spots equals more All-Stars, but it also makes each spot a little less honorable.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

no way bynum, oden, biedrins, kaman made their appearance first than big al.shaq is declining, camby is old. Big Al is a proven offensive weapon and soon to be, he'll get his defense up. so he should definitely chosen next season.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
no way bynum, oden, biedrins, kaman made their appearance first than big al.shaq is declining, camby is old. Big Al is a proven offensive weapon and soon to be, he'll get his defense up. so he should definitely chosen next season.

Next year, Jefferson > Oden, Biedrins, Camby, Shaq, and maybe Bynum, Kaman. Yao is the undisputed #1, but maybe Jefferson could be the backup. I don't see it; unless he gets Minnesota on a big win streak, he just won't have the fanbase and respect around the league for an All-Star birth.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Next year, Jefferson > Oden, Biedrins, Camby, Shaq, and maybe Bynum, Kaman. Yao is the undisputed #1, but maybe Jefferson could be the backup. I don't see it; unless he gets Minnesota on a big win streak, he just won't have the fanbase and respect around the league for an All-Star birth.

yes he will. with rose or beasley in town.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
yes he will. with rose or beasley in town.

I'll give you that Rose would help him out a lot, however, even though Beasly in my opinion would be the best for the team, he'd hurt Jefferson's numbers. Not that that's a terrible thing though. Being an All-Star isn't as important as having a good team, and having young twin towers would be awesome to rebuild around. We could be parallel to Portland with Aldridge and Oden
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Starting to look like Brook Lopez could be a partner to Jefferson down low now, as he might be the #1 center in this draft. He's certainly more developed than DeAndre Jordan right now. God, I hate these kids that do their one-and-dones. Sure, guys like Mayo and Beasley are good enough to go to the NBA, but for God's sake, guys like Brook Lopez and DeAndre Jordan (well, maybe more Jordan) have no business leaving early for the NBA. Stay in college and get developed, guys. Learn the fundamentals, and you might win championships like Big Fundamental himself, and still get your shoe deals.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #10
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Big Al is a great basketball player.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Al Jefferson would be a future NBA ALL STAR next year because this season he has proven he is one of the rising premiere big men in the NBA by being only one of four players to average 20 points and 10 rebounds in the League. (the others being Dwight Howard, Antawn Jamison, and Carlos Boozer ).

Although the Wolves are one of the worst team in the NBA he prove that he can be good player when he is given a license to shoot on the floor, and i think once the Wolves drafted a high lottery pick in the draft i can see them making an improvement in their team record next year.

2007-08 Stats

21.0 PPG, 11.10 RPG, 1.5 BPG, 0.9 SPG, 1.4 APG
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

What's up guys!?! Bulls fan here. Coming by to give my opinion on Al Jefferson. I like Jefferson..BUT...he reminds me too much of Elton Brand. He'll get you 20 and 10 for years, but he'll never lead the team deep into the playoffs. I was glad when the Bulls traded Brand. I loved Brand, but he didn't have "IT". Brand will never lead the Clippers anywhere or any other team. Jefferson is the same way. They don't make their teammates better. Jefferson is definitely a great piece to build WITH though...not to build through. I still think McHale should have traded KG for Chandler, Deng and our pick which they probably would have used on Roy. Either way...McHale is not as bad as some say and no where near as bad as Memphis and Heisley. What IDIOTS!!! Good luck Minny!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
What's up guys!?! Bulls fan here. Coming by to give my opinion on Al Jefferson. I like Jefferson..BUT...he reminds me too much of Elton Brand. He'll get you 20 and 10 for years, but he'll never lead the team deep into the playoffs. I was glad when the Bulls traded Brand. I loved Brand, but he didn't have "IT". Brand will never lead the Clippers anywhere or any other team. Jefferson is the same way. They don't make their teammates better. Jefferson is definitely a great piece to build WITH though...not to build through. I still think McHale should have traded KG for Chandler, Deng and our pick which they probably would have used on Roy. Either way...McHale is not as bad as some say and no where near as bad as Memphis and Heisley. What IDIOTS!!! Good luck Minny!!

Thanks for the random memphis bashing. Mchale is pretty bad though. Had brandon roy and traded strait up for foye. Who is no where near as good. His best move was getting casselle and spreewell. Then he didnt resign them and his team fell apart.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #14
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Jailer...good points! I forgot he traded Roy... LOL! I also forgot about not resigning Sprewell and Cassell. You guys were pretty damn good back then. I life Jefferson and I think Brewer could be a sweet player.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: