Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default PSP: Grand Theft Auto LBS or VCS?

I just recently bought Liberty City Stories for the PSP and it's amazing. I loved how you play Tony Cipriani because I remember doing missions for him in GTA III. So I was really pleased with the game, but I am wondering, is Vice City Stories just as good or better or worse? I'm probebly going to get it either way, but would like to know what to expect. I love how all the stories are connected so I am also wondering if Vice City Stories is connected as well. GTA III series is one of my favourite games ever.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: PSP: Grand Theft Auto LBS or VCS?

To be straight up honest, both games were both disappointments imo
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Here's what I think of LCS and VCS.

LCS-Graphics weren't that great..not that much to do in this game. Basically a poor man's version of GTA III. Didn't like the idea of having Motor bikes in Liberty City...good main character...

VCS-Graphics were much better...alot more stuff to do in Vice City...but main character sucked(no i am not racist, just thought Victor Vance sucked)...love the idea of gang wars...short story line. big disappointment.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

****, at least they have nice multiplayer. I agree though it is pretty short.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

vice city stories is pretty good. LBS has a 10x better storyline and a mafia feel to it, VCS storyline gets somewhat lonely to me. VCS was a good game overall but the first time I play GTA 3 it was a instant classic.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
vice city stories is pretty good. LBS has a 10x better storyline and a mafia feel to it, VCS storyline gets somewhat lonely to me. VCS was a good game overall but the first time I play GTA 3 it was a instant classic.

GTA III will go down as one of the most "classic" games of all time. It introduced a whole new era of free roam, crime, racing, shooting all in one with an amazing theme of a mafia. It will always be remembered. I will definatly save my PS2 and buy GTA III to show to my kids what I was fiending all my teenage life.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #7
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked VCS simply because it was set in the 80's again, which I loved, and I really didn't remember many of the characters from GTA III because I hadn't played it in such a long time, whereas I still remembered the Vice City characters

Storyline wise, it's not that great. If you think Lance Van Dance is a whiny little pussbag in Vice City, he turns it up to about ten notches in this game. So many times you felt like yelling for him to shut the **** up.

I've got LCS on my PS2. It's alot better then playing it on the PSP, it can get slightly annoying playing with the PSP controls.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

i played LCS for a while till i got bored(this was about a yeasr ago)... it was really fun i even got to the 2nd island but then those shooting missions that are a pain(first theres a boat mission and your shooting the enemies that took a while to beat, then i believe came the same shooting mission but in a car).... dont get me worng, i didnt give up... i quit...
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
Good buy, good buy! I have both games. VCS was actually my first game, I bouht with the PSP over a year ago, I bought LCS some months ago.

Both games are awesome. The controls are similar. VCS is more colorful and has a better soundtrack. Also, you can swim in the game, although the swimming is nowhere near as good as in San Andreas. Great variation in missions. VCS is more colorful because of the era the game is set in.

Anyway, neither of the two games is clearly better than the other, something that can be seen on reviews of the games. In the end, it depends on whether you like a game set in more modern times, or something more 80s. Me personally, I like VCS more, but that's just me. And that's by no means a guarantee that you will feel the same way.

BTW, I would give an arm for them to make a San Andreas Stories for PSP (and PSP only, not lie and say that it's a PSP exclusive and release it for PS2 a couple of months later). I don't care, I would play with a hook. That was actually the reason I bought the PSP in the first place, because I figured that after they made Vice City Stories, San Andreas Stories was bound to follow. San Andreas was by far my favorite of the 3 PS2 games. I would make such an awesome custom soundtrack with great 90s songs. But it has been over a year and still no news on whether Rockstar will make it for PSP. I've searched "san andreas stories" on google at least once every week for the past year to find out any news at all. Rockstar said that they won't make it. That's just great. They have always lied and released games that they said they wouldn't, but this they actually meant.

I still hope they make San Andreas Stories for the PSP. They definitely won't release it before GTAIV for the major consoles. But after they release GTAIV, there will be a lot of time before they release the next GTA game and they will have to release something smaller in this period. That's where I hope San Andreas Stories comes in. Come on Rockstar, please do it.

Great post, I feel you man. I love GTA San Andreas, definatly the best one. Although all were good, SA was huge, so much extra little things that it was hard to get bored with. They need to make another PSP GTA game whether it be San Andreas or something new.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both games were great for me.
I agree though LBS has a better storyline but VCS has better gameplay.
I would get it, isnt it only like $20 bucks now cause its a greatest hit?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

San Andreas stories would be very difficult(or impossible) to make..that is, if its for the PSP. San Andreas isn't a city, its one big state....and it was almost impossible for Rockstar to make a big game that included 3 different cities...and alot of new neat features.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
To be straight up honest, both games were both disappointments imo

yeah I flipped both of them...they were really easy....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #14
v-unit
NBA All-star

Yeah I know LBS was easy, but it appears that VCS has more missions. I just got Vice City Stories and it seems more smooth and tweaked in little ways to make it better.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I think both games are great. How can you not like Portable GTA? If you are into the homebrew scene, yall should check out the CheatDevice they have for both games. The programs adds so many cheats and hacks to make the game funner. It really increases the replay value. I can kill hours just messing around in the game and not even do missions.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: