Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #16
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pau Pau Pau!

Wow......

Watching this game I can't help that we got away with murder with this trade.
Oh well.....I'm glad I'm on the right side of it!!!

Man....we were damn good tonight....imagine how we will be when we get Ariza and Bynum back. Get better fellas!!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 AM   #17
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

I am Spanish, always liked Lakers, so I am so happy now with Pau in Gold and Purple.

Best of this trade, you will see, is Pau always give the team what you ask him for. Like you said, he is unselfish, but always a threat. If you ask him to score, he can do it, if you wan rebounds and defense, he can do it, and same if you want to move the ball.

Perhaps he won't get so nice numbers when bynum returns, but he will help his teammates to do better. He did it with Memphis, but the difference is now his teammates don't suck. A happy Pau (he is happier than ever as NBA player) is an all-star player for the team, without a doubt. He will surprise all of you with all good things he can offer in a game.

Sorry for my English; like I said, I am Spanish :). Go Lakers !!!
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
I am Spanish, always liked Lakers, so I am so happy now with Pau in Gold and Purple.

Best of this trade, you will see, is Pau always give the team what you ask him for. Like you said, he is unselfish, but always a threat. If you ask him to score, he can do it, if you wan rebounds and defense, he can do it, and same if you want to move the ball.

Perhaps he won't get so nice numbers when bynum returns, but he will help his teammates to do better. He did it with Memphis, but the difference is now his teammates don't suck. A happy Pau (he is happier than ever as NBA player) is an all-star player for the team, without a doubt. He will surprise all of you with all good things he can offer in a game.

Sorry for my English; like I said, I am Spanish :). Go Lakers !!!

Tu ingles es muy bien... pero no comprendo espanol!

I also liked Pau's fire last night. There were a few times when he was really pumped up... nice to see!!! Is he a talker on the court?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

One thing I havenít seen anyone mention was his pick and roll defense. Iíll admit a have watched him and new he was an offensive threat but before last night I had not paid much attention to his defensive game and was pleasantly surprised to see him steeping out on pick and rolls and then getting back to his man which is something the Lakers have needed to work on so I was very happy with his all around game. Also that pass behind his head to Fisher I really didnít know he had that kind of passing touch. Very Very pleased with his debut. Now letís get the full line up back and see how we fair in a very interesting western conference.

GO LAKERS
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

You guys dont realize that in pau's all star year.He led the grizz in assists.He has good vision and a high basketball iq.I give nhim another 15 games before he feels comfortable in the offense. Right now he is just playing off of basket ball instinct. THe lakers should be polished by time for the playoffs.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #21
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

If you think Pau's gonna be the center of the offense every night (scoring 24 points a night and getting 15 shots) then you're insane. Pau having a great first game is kind of like a prisoner getting out of jail and having a great first day in the free world. Pau had to play in Memphis for crying out loud. Now that he's free, he's gonna show excitement in his first game out.

I'm not saying his good play won't carry over. But, it's ludicrous to believe that this will happen every game. Especially because he has Kobe FREAKING Bryant on his team. Do you think Kobe's going to happy scoring 6 pts and distributing all the time? Hell no. Give it a few games before you start calling this team God's gift to basketball.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Ah...yeah, Kobe will continue to average 25 at least. But now even when he has bad games they'll still win. Pau doesn't have to be "god's gift to basketball" he just has to be Pau Gasol and not Kwame Brown. Expect to see the Lakers in the WCF this year at least. Mark my words. We'll have Bynum and Ariza back before the playoffs and then Pau can even take a smaller roll and our defense will be 20X better which wins you games when your offense is poor (ala the Spurs). Why do Laker-haters keep saying Pau's not that great? Who cares? He doesn't have to be, he can just be good or better than average on this Laker team with Kobe and Bynum and they'll make a serious run for the title. Nothing is proven till its done, but I don't see the naysayers making much sense with their basic rebuttal against the Lakers chances: Pau's not the greatest PF. Wow big deal!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #23
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Olden, nobody is calling Pau the savior, we are saying its nice to have a guy in the post capable of puting up 20 points and making an impact on offense. Kwame/Odom/Walton/Vlad, those guys are not going to give you 20+ and not going to be an impact offensively at the foward/center spots. Drew gave us a lift, but when he went down, there was such a black hole down there, and now Pau fills that void nicely. Just his threat of offense makes such a big difference in the offensive flow of things.

Like LakerDynasty said, he just has to be Pau Gasol and not Kwame Brown
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
If you think Pau's gonna be the center of the offense every night (scoring 24 points a night and getting 15 shots) then you're insane. Pau having a great first game is kind of like a prisoner getting out of jail and having a great first day in the free world. Pau had to play in Memphis for crying out loud. Now that he's free, he's gonna show excitement in his first game out.

I'm not saying his good play won't carry over. But, it's ludicrous to believe that this will happen every game. Especially because he has Kobe FREAKING Bryant on his team. Do you think Kobe's going to happy scoring 6 pts and distributing all the time? Hell no. Give it a few games before you start calling this team God's gift to basketball.

We don't expect it to happen every game because the defenses of other teams will react differently every night.

I was surprised to find NJ doubling on Kobe yesterday as bad as he was doing so it made pau play such an easy game, and when they doubled on Pau, most people cut and he passed well but unfortunately they missed easy shots but the point is that Pau will give us something different each time and it will always result in something nice.

The nights Pau and Kobe get doubled, you can expect the other three guys (Bynum, Fisher, Lamar) to all have decent games. They all average 13 ppg for cryin out loud.

There will be nights when fisher gets 28, other nights when Bynum will get 22, nights were Kobe has 10 assists and 20 points while Pau gets 25, and nights where Pau can have 10 points but rebound well and have 7 assists giving Kobe 30 points.

Then if for some odd reason that doesn't work, we got the bench guys to come in and give us some fire power with Jordan, Vladimir, and sasha all stepping their game up this season. Also don't forget our two energy players that give us extra offensive possessions as well as convert some points on those possessions and Im talking about Ronny and Ariza.

the only way this team loses is by beating itself.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #25
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Olden, nobody is calling Pau the savior, we are saying its nice to have a guy in the post capable of puting up 20 points and making an impact on offense. Kwame/Odom/Walton/Vlad, those guys are not going to give you 20+ and not going to be an impact offensively at the foward/center spots. Drew gave us a lift, but when he went down, there was such a black hole down there, and now Pau fills that void nicely. Just his threat of offense makes such a big difference in the offensive flow of things.

Like LakerDynasty said, he just has to be Pau Gasol and not Kwame Brown

Yeah, I'm actually more upset than anything. I hate that Pau is on the Lakers. You guys have the perfect team to make a championship run now.

Don't mind me. I'll just get back to crafting my Reggie Theus for coach of the year argument.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
Yeah, I'm actually more upset than anything. I hate that Pau is on the Lakers. You guys have the perfect team to make a championship run now.

Don't mind me. I'll just get back to crafting my Reggie Theus for coach of the year argument.
haha... you go ahead and get that piece written up, shouldn't be too hard, you got plenty of ammo to back you up
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #27
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

For all the haters out there...he looked great again tonight and he had to deal with Dwight the MONSTER...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #28
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha... you go ahead and get that piece written up, shouldn't be too hard, you got plenty of ammo to back you up

He really should take his time writing this, as he'll have more than enough free time come playoff time.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #29
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

FYI:

"PAU" in Hawaiian means - Over; Done; Finished.

I love it ..... I guess that means it's over, done, finished for the rest of the teams.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
FYI:

"PAU" in Hawaiian means - Over; Done; Finished.

I love it ..... I guess that means it's over, done, finished for the rest of the teams.
at least in hawaii
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: