Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default Shaq traded to Suns-FINALIZED.

WE'LL MISS YA MARION, THANKS FOR THE YEARS AND THE HARD WORK, VERY SAD TO SEE YA GO, YOU SHOULDA RETIRED A SUN. I personally dont know what to think yet, ive hated and mocked shaq for years, but i will always be a die-hard suns fan, no matter what. i just feel marion should have received a ring with the suns.
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation
Default Re: Shaq traded to Suns-FINALIZED.

Good bye man...

I'll remember the good times. demon bird moth balls
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

when? who told you. where did you read this. if you know, i must know.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsanchez306
when? who told you. where did you read this. if you know, i must know.

Its all over ESPN brother...

Its concrete as stone...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend

DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Its all over ESPN brother...

Its concrete as stone...
Maybe Shaq will fail the physical.:)
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

let me just go on record saying i like this deal. the suns were going to lose Marion anyway, he still wanted out, so why not take a risk? take a chance? do something! think of all the knowledge and things Shaq can provide Amare, and lets not forget when teams slow the Suns down (and they will in the playoffs) they now will have a guy that can play help defense and rebound, also a guy who can still command a double team, and is a heck of a passer himself. i think Nash will get Shaq a lot of easy open looks/dunks and a lot of people will be eating their words later as the season progresses! and who's to say they win a title and Shaq may call it a career and save them all this money everyone is worried he will cost them, there are a lot of 'unknowns' but all in all i like the deal. and watch Marion opt out on Miami and they will not care it will save them tons to let him walk!
*on a side note we finally got rid of Banks lol
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
let me just go on record saying i like this deal. the suns were going to lose Marion anyway, he still wanted out, so why not take a risk? take a chance? do something! think of all the knowledge and things Shaq can provide Amare, and lets not forget when teams slow the Suns down (and they will in the playoffs) they now will have a guy that can play help defense and rebound, also a guy who can still command a double team, and is a heck of a passer himself. i think Nash will get Shaq a lot of easy open looks/dunks and a lot of people will be eating their words later as the season progresses! and who's to say they win a title and Shaq may call it a career and save them all this money everyone is worried he will cost them, there are a lot of 'unknowns' but all in all i like the deal. and watch Marion opt out on Miami and they will not care it will save them tons to let him walk!
*on a side note we finally got rid of Banks lol

It's definitely a ballsy move on your part.
IMO, Suns Mgt. was convinced that Matrix was opting out, so parting him him was not as difficult as one might think.
Also, getting rid of Banks was a plus.
I think mgt. felt that, to have a chance against the Spurs and Lakers, they needed size. I actually never believed you guys would win a title with your current lineup.
Shaq and Amare will match up much better against Gasol/Bynum and Duncan/Oberto/Elson.
The trick is, how much does SHaq have left in the tank?
If I were you, I'd get him as much time off asa he needs to get healthy. Then use him wisely. He was still shooting 60% for the Heat this season, they just werent getting him enough touches.
I am suprised that you took on his contract, and that Miami got out from under it so easily. Sweet deal for the Heat, and I think they keep Marion, under the Bird rule, they can pay him whatever they want.
Very gutsy move for you guys, and considering Matrix was gone at seasons end, and you'd still have no cap space to sign anyone, I think a good move, when everything is considered.
Shaq is an interesteing guy. Give him a little motivation (proving he still has it), and I think he'll suprise a lot of people. I think the Suns just elevated themselves.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
It's definitely a ballsy move on your part.
IMO, Suns Mgt. was convinced that Matrix was opting out, so parting him him was not as difficult as one might think.
Also, getting rid of Banks was a plus.
I think mgt. felt that, to have a chance against the Spurs and Lakers, they needed size. I actually never believed you guys would win a title with your current lineup.
Shaq and Amare will match up much better against Gasol/Bynum and Duncan/Oberto/Elson.
The trick is, how much does SHaq have left in the tank?
If I were you, I'd get him as much time off asa he needs to get healthy. Then use him wisely. He was still shooting 60% for the Heat this season, they just werent getting him enough touches.
I am suprised that you took on his contract, and that Miami got out from under it so easily. Sweet deal for the Heat, and I think they keep Marion, under the Bird rule, they can pay him whatever they want.
Very gutsy move for you guys, and considering Matrix was gone at seasons end, and you'd still have no cap space to sign anyone, I think a good move, when everything is considered.
Shaq is an interesteing guy. Give him a little motivation (proving he still has it), and I think he'll suprise a lot of people. I think the Suns just elevated themselves.
i agree man, the Suns had to do something if Marion had convinced them he was gonna roll then this is great to get something opposed to nothing you know? i called this trade as soon as the KG deal went south, i told my boy Domingo the Suns need to trade Marion for Shaq and he laughed so hard and said it was a terrible idea, well look now! months later i was right and the deal is done! amazing honestly, i think O'Neal is going to be highly motivated to silence the critics now that he is on a legitimate title contender and can win a 5th title for himself!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Seriously though, I thought this was a stupid trade at first too, but if Shaq can get reasonably healthy and fit , this could be an excellent move for the Suns, although it will obviously slow down their style of play. But maybe that's what they should do anyways.

C: Sugar Shaq, Brian Skinner
PF: Amare Stoudamire, Boris Diaw, Sean Marks
SF: Grant Hill, Alondo Tucker, Eric Piatkowski
SG: Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa
PG: Steve Nash, DJ Strawberry

It's not a very deep lineup, and they'll probably have to sign an extra bench player from free agency. But if Shaq and Grant are healthy for the playoffs, holy ****. That should be a title right thur. No excuses left. Nash won't be this good for much longer, it has to be within the next 2-3 seasons, including this one. Healthy Shaq = Title.

God help me, I'm actually starting to like this trade. It's worth the risks. Marion is a great player, but he isn't happy being a 3rd fiddle because he is an egotist. I say let him go be "the man" on a horrible Miami team, he would leave for Free Agency soon anyway. Shaq should be able to slim down and be a force for one or two more seasons. Plus Amare will play at PF !!!
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #10
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Healthy Shaq = Title

Oh yeah? Ask Miami how that worked out last year.

Not to mention Healthy Shaq = Impossible at his age.

Sorry guys, Shaq is done, and now the Suns are too. Terrible trade. Nobody is scared of the Suns anymore, you lost your best all-around defender and now have a guy who can't even jump to dunk the ball anymore, he has to pull the rim down to him to get it through. The only team dumb enough to double Shaq is Dallas, who gave Miami the championship by doing so, but everyone else knows his game is gone with the loss of his mobility, he's basically an overweight Kwame Brown at this point of his career. You guys shoulda kept Kurt, he made the lineup much more dangerous than Shaq ever will.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 02-06-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't found anywhere where it says its a done deal, but it sure looks like its going down, this NBA fan is flabbergasted

I'm a Laker fan, but if I was a Sun's fan, I don't know that I am willing to risk two and a half more years of being stuck with that 20 mil per season deal. Especially for a guy who can't stay healthy.

There is one thing in your advantage though....he's going to be a motivated Shaq again and THAT could make all the difference in the world.

If he can't stay healthy though, this trade will blow up in the Suns face.

I'm still undecided if this is a good move for the Suns.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
StealthNoob
Lakers Parade Woot!

StealthNoob has decent reputationStealthNoob has decent reputation

lol it'll be funny if he plays like 5 games then suddenly a injury occured and gone for the rest of the season!! LOL

suns gotta change their run and gun style

*** and it will be funny if he decides to sign with the lakers after the end of the season for a wayyyyy cheaper contract
StealthNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the suns best case scenario is something similiar to the 1987 lakers

kareem had already lost a step. the lakers would run run run still and if they had the fastbreak, kareem wouldnt get over half court

if not, kareem would jog down and they would get him the ball in the low block

it might work out well for the suns...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #14
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

As I Laker fan, I'm scared. Terrified.

However, everyone's talking about Shaun Marion not fond of being the 3rd option, what about Shaq? This will be the first time in his career where the offense doesn't run through him. He's neither first nor second option. How do you see him coping?

See you guys in the playoffs. This should be good.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: