Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Walter Herrmann?

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (Ticker) - Argentina forward Walter Herrmann has confirmed that he has a "95 percent chance" to play for the Charlotte Bobcats this season.

A member of Argentina's national team that won the gold medal in the 2004 Olympics, the 6-9 Herrmann informed the newspaper Ole of his impending deal.

"They (Bobcats) told me that the oral agreement is total," he said. "They only have to send the contract to me to sign it. There is a 95 percent chance. They told me that they count on me, but the signature is left yet.

"It is the best thing that could have happened to me. I'll go to a team where I can have a lot of minutes. Charlotte treated me very well and convinced me. I want to go to the NBA. If I can do it, I'll go to the World Championship as a free agent."

Herrmann, 27, has spent the last three seasons with Unicaja Malaga in the Spanish ACB, the world's most competitive league outside of the NBA. He was the league's MVP in 2003 with Fuenlabrada.

In the 2004 Olympics, Herrmann provided a spark that helped lift Argentina to an 89-81 victory over the United States in the semifinals, relegating the Americans to a bronze medal.

Olympic champion Argentina is among the favorites at this month's World Championships. It was second at the 2002 World Championships.

Herrmann is expecting big things from this year's squad, which has a new coach in Sergio Hernandez but many familiar faces in NBA stars Manu Ginobili and Andres Nocioni.

"Nowadays, I mark the team with a 7 or 7.5 (out of 10), but I'm surprised at how fast we have improved," he said. "I haven't imagined that we would have been so good at this point. We've been out of the national team for two years and we were coming from holidays, but we caught everything very quickly. It helps a lot that we know each other very well."

who is this guy? is he any good?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Has it happened yet? He doesnt look like a good player though.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

he's pretty good, plays on argentina national team with manu, nocioni, and luis scola. as i remember it he was pretty good...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

He did win the MVP in his league. It is supposed to be the most competitive league outside of the NBA, so he might be not bad,
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: