Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Al Thornton

In the last 10 games, his numbers are:
15.8 Points|3.8 Rebounds|1.9 Assists|.9 Steals|.6 Blocks|1.2 Turnovers|27.5 Minutes|53-129 Field Goal(41%)|8-19 3 Pointers(42%)|44-54 Free Throw(81%)

Do you guys think that Al is our SF for the future?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Al Thornton

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
In the last 10 games, his numbers are:
15.8 Points|3.8 Rebounds|1.9 Assists|.9 Steals|.6 Blocks|1.2 Turnovers|27.5 Minutes|53-129 Field Goal(41%)|8-19 3 Pointers(42%)|44-54 Free Throw(81%)

Do you guys think that Al is our SF for the future?

Absolutely. Unless we somehow get Beasley and decide to play a big line-up in which he would be our future SG. I doubt that happens. It's just fun to think about. In any case, Thornton is a stud, we're lucky to have drafted him, and he'll be a starter within the next few years, depending on what happens with Maggette.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe Thornton is the real deal.

He shows a great amount of promise. All he needs to do, is to stop rushing his game.

But his slashing and jump shooting seems like something that can develop into consistent weapons.

And also he needs work in not making bad fouls, and makind his defence stronger.

He's also a hard worker with determination, and may very well lead to vast improvement.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far

Thorton is a good player with tons of upside. Imagine the Clippers get smart, use what we have to sign and trade for some good players, a SF, SG, or PG and then we have a 6th man of the year award for Thorton the next 2 years to give us a solid bench. He can be our Ben Gordon, but hopefully less of a ball hog.

Last edited by sdavis1781 : 02-08-2008 at 01:58 AM.
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since I posted this before the Boston game, we've played 4 games and Al's numbers have been:

16.5 Points
6 Rebounds
1.5 Assists
3 Turnovers
30-57 FG (52.6%)
1-6 3PT (16.7%)
5-10 FT (50%)
31.75 Minutes

Take away his bad game in Boston and his last 3 numbers are more impressive:
20.1 PPG | 7.7 RPG | 1.7 APG | 56.9% FG in 35.7 minutes per outing.

Marco Belli-who?
Nick Young-who?
Javaris Crit-who?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

If he keeps it up he still may be in the runnuing for ROY and that would be so funny if he made ROY without playing in the Rookie All Star Game.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

24/9 last night...wow, got to update Thorntons stats since the day we found out he was snubbed:

18.5 PPG | 5.7 RPG | 1.3 APG in 33.11 minutes per outing 65-146(44.5% FG), 30-41(73.2@ FT)

Wow...pretty solid for a rook.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A. Thornton did well agains The Jazz last night (Friday the 22nd)

He had 27 points, 4 Reb, and only a single turn over. Plus,, he shot over 50% in field goals (10-18) and was 7-8 in free throws.

But the best thing about his game is that he is learning to adapt to the NBA style of play. And many times his production is of the small detail type that does not show in the stats.

Its good to see Thornton progressing so well....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
vood002
I brick open layups

vood002 has an OK reputation so far

He's filling in every category, and doing the little things that don't get recorded.

He reminds me a bit of Josh Howard--perhaps an even more creative scorer. Nothing but upside here.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #10
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
3. Al Thornton, F, L.A. Clippers
G MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%
51 23.0 11.0 3.9 0.9 0.6 0.3 .434 .333 .730

Last Week: 4 | Drafted: 14
Back in Week 14, I wrote that if the Rookie of the Year trophy was a table at a restaurant, it would be occupied by a party of two in Durant and Horford. Well, guess who pulled up a chair to the table and sat on it backwards, A.C. Slater style? Al Thornton, averaging 17.8 points and 6.0 rebounds over his last five games, is officially in the hunt.

That's from NBA.com. I thought you all would like this. It's good to see Thornton finally getting some publicity. I've never ever heard a single negative regarding his work ethic, personality, off-court choices, or attitude. So what if he's older than most of the other rookies? As far as I'm concerned, age is mental, as is upside, and if Al considers himself as potential filled as guys like Horford, Durant, and Conley Jr., who am I to tell him he's wrong?

It's been a rough season for Clippers fans, but Al is a continuing breath of fresh air and a reminder that the best part of basketball is that there's always another game. Keep it up Al.

Last edited by hutcht02 : 02-28-2008 at 09:17 AM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thornton is a young beast with huge upside. I think he should be a Laker (smile). I hope he gets the playing time he needs to develop. I would like to see him focus a little on his defensive game, as he has the quickness to be a defensive stopper (which I like).

Clipps got a great future with Thornton....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: