Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Smile No Loving for Love????

I see all these mock drafts here, but there is not one of them that even mentions Kevin Love. Its not like he's going to stay in school, and he is definitely top 5 material. I think that whatever team gets him is getting an absolute stud/can't miss player. Who knows, maybe the Knicks will draft him. Oh wait, that would mean Isaiah doing some smart. Naaaaaah, NEVER gonna happen!
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: No Loving for Love????

It would be a dream for him to drop the Rockets.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
It would be a dream for him to drop the Rockets.

Yeah, he would be an AMAZING complement to Yao.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #4
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

His game is very polished for a freshman. You can tell that he's the son of a HOFer just because he understands the game at a very advanced level and he's fundamentally sound. He'd be a great fit with a team like the Rockets or the Sixers and I think would be able to contribute immediately. Definitely is a sleeper at this point in time but I think come draft time his stock will rise.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
dogman652
Serious playground baller

i got Love in my top 5.
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
Bruinlove
Banned

He's definately the most NBA ready player in the draft. I've seen him fall as far as 21st in so mock drafts I have no idea what some people are thinking with that
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel06
I see all these mock drafts here, but there is not one of them that even mentions Kevin Love. Its not like he's going to stay in school, and he is definitely top 5 material. I think that whatever team gets him is getting an absolute stud/can't miss player. Who knows, maybe the Knicks will draft him. Oh wait, that would mean Isaiah doing some smart. Naaaaaah, NEVER gonna happen!

The only thing(s) that Isaiah has done smart is drafting decent to good prospects and being right about them.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

I think the lack of love for Love has a lot to do with the fact that he is an undersized white big man. Let's be honest, how many undersized white big men have ever been worth a lottery pick in recent (let's say after 1990) NBA drafts? Same goes for Hansbrough.

White big men usually get abused in the NBA, but Love could turn out to be one of the exceptions. I like what little I've seen of him, and UCLA kicking ass in the Tourney this year could very easily raise his Draft stock to top 5 status.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

I think he'd be perfect in Orlando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

Love and Hansbrough are need type of picks. Love has a lot more potential and could be less of a role player and more of a star, but neither still make you think that they would be great no matter where they go. Beasley and Rose will be good players, regardless of where they are picked. I think Gordon and Mayo should be able to score regardless of where they go, but how effective they are as team players will depend on the team. The rest of the draft is really just kind of "need" picks. If you need a PG to run your uptempo offense, you draft Lawson. If you need an athletic wing to bring the tempo up off the bench, you draft Budinger or Morgan. If you need a big man to pass and stretch the defense in a half-court offense, you take Love.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #11
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

today named pac-10 player of the year

i cant see him lasting past portland and denvers pick if he declares
-outlet passes alone love averages 5 assists a game if he is throwing outlet passes to melo, jr,& klieza- or the roys and outlaw's- adding his half court passing his assist #s could get freaky for a big

love seems nearly perfect as a college center - the question seems to be can he translate to the nba 4? - i dont see anything saying no

- i believe he will be able to rebound against anyone- he has excellent strong hands and is a master of positioning

- his outlet passing is as good as ive ever seen from anyone. -

-he makes shots- and most importantly he finishes well- he dunks the ball - i call it the rafael arujo factor- heres my number one way of knowing a college big wont translate to the nba, arujo was good for byu and he was nba sized but he wasnt a dunker- in the nba you have to dunk, laying it in is nearly impossible- you have to be melo good to even try to be a layup maker, and he is still struggling with some of his shots

all that said i believe he will return to ucla for a second year- he is on the verge of so much history right now- my bet, back to back titles next year top 3 pick
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:09 AM   #12
monthh
Local High School Star

You guys are forgetting two of the biggest factors in a draft prospect: size and speed. Not all of us agree with it, but the NBA is about athletic ability and skill. Love has the skill for sure, it is the other stuff that brings down his draft stock. I think he has worked himself up into the lottery conversation, but has by no means locked himself into the top 10. I think right now he could go anywhere between 8 and 20. That is a big range, but if he proves to be a legit 6-9 and can get up and down the floor within an arms reach of Anthony Randolph and Taj Gibson in workouts, he will be right in the thick of the lottery.

I am willing to bet that what is turning scouts off the most with him (and Hansbrough) is the fear they are going to be getting a guy who just can't compete with the bigger, faster, higher jumping big men in the NBA. There is nothing worse than taking a tough hustle/rebound type, that just can't get that extra hand on the ball, in the top 10.

I'm not trying to hate on him, and I am not saying anything about what he will be as a player, I am talking strictly about draft position. You guys think he is top 5, but you can't forget that the Eddie Griffin's and Shaun Livingston's, with their unique physical attributes, go ahead of guys like Troy Murphy and Loul Deng, who seem to have better talent.

You guys seem to only look at the good, which is fine, he has a lot of potential, but you also have to be able to see that his bottom is lower than you average lottery pick.

Last edited by monthh : 03-14-2008 at 03:19 AM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:34 AM   #13
DTD
Good High School Starter

Kevin Love. Kicking ass and taking names.
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #14
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
but if he proves to be a legit 6-9

According to this he's not a legit 6'9" but close.

Quote:
U.C.L.A.’s Kevin Love knows he is not fooling anyone with his listed height of 6 feet 10 inches.

Love, the 271-pound freshman sensation, insists he has always claimed to be 6-9. But with his shoes off, he has been measured at 6-8 . With shoes on, he is 6-9 .

“The whole height thing is really overrated,” he said. “When it comes down to it, can you play or can you not play? I think I play like I’m 7 feet.”

Now 19, Love said doctors told him he would continue growing until he is 21.

“Sometime, I could really be 6-10,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sp...ty&oref=slogin
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

I have grown up playing basketball against Kevin Love since the 7th grade.

He had mad range in the 7th grade. And TOTALLY DOMINATED all threw highschool. He is the all time leading scorer in Oregon history.

He shattered my Highschools backboard last year.

What makes Kevin Love so good is his fundamentals. He is the most fundamentally sound player in ALL of college basketball.

I think he will be a great NBA player. He has a good low post game and a great jumper all the way out to the NBA 3 point line.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: