Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation
Default Barbosa Plans to be With Suns for 'Life'

Barbosa Plans to be With Suns for 'Life'

In THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC, by Paul Coro, Leandro Barbosa says, "I never thought about it and I never will," Barbosa said of playing for another team. "I wanted to be here my whole life and I will work for that."

Wow, this is good news. What do you people think about Barbosa wanting to stay in Phoenix for his entire career?
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

i like it, players that want to stay commited for life to a team is rare nowadays
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
i like it, players that want to stay commited for life to a team is rare nowadays

This shows us a lot about Barbosa. I love his loyalty and his drive to do well just to stay in Phoenix.

AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
This shows us a lot about Barbosa. I love his loyalty and his drive to do well just to stay in Phoenix.

IMO there was no doubt that Barobosa would stay:

- He fits into the Suns sistem.
- He is a humble kid so he won't want to much money (which is more than OK with Sarver ).
- His "personal coach" is Dan D'Antoni - and they are really close.

Again for the extension.

- - - - - -

(@Seth - if you allready posted a link to this interview tell me.)

Quote:
Suns.com: Congratulations on the extension of your Suns contract. Was it ever a concern for you or did you know all along that this was going to get done?

Suns guard Leandro Barbosa: Thank you very much. No, I didn’t know. It was a surprise for me. I’m very happy with this deal and for everything that’s happened with me and the Suns. Now I have to appreciate it and still work really, really hard. We want a championship. We got Marcus Banks and the team is going to be really fast. I’m very excited to start playing again. I’m very happy.

Suns.com: What do you know about Marcus Banks and what are your thoughts about him joining the roster?

Barbosa: What I know about him is that he’s a really strong player and fast. He’s a really good defender. I remember when I played against him it was really hard for me to catch him. I’m very happy to have an opportunity to play with him. Hopefully, we’re going to do a great job together.

Suns.com: How will Banks’ arrival change your role?

Barbosa: I think whatever position Coach Mike D'Antoni puts me in I’m going to try to do the best that I can. Marcus Banks is going to help a lot. All I want to do is try to help the team, so everything is going to be okay.

Suns.com: How has your offseason gone so far?

Barbosa: The summer has been going well for me, especially because I’m close to my family. My family has been with me wherever I go and I’ve been very happy about that.

I’ve been playing with the (Brazilian) National Team with my old friends I didn’t see for a long time. We’re doing a great job and we’re expected to do a great job at the World Championship. It’s going to be really important for us and for the country, too. Everybody wants us to do a great job and hopefully we’re going to do that. We want to qualify (for the 2008 Olympics) in a good position.

I did a camp with Eduardo Najera. I taught a little bit to some of the kids from South America. A lot of kids came and that was really nice.

Suns.com: What are your thoughts about the 2006-07 season ahead?

Barbosa: I think it’s going to be really fun to watch. Hopefully, we’re going to have Amaré (Stoudemire) coming back. We need him. He’s a really good, tough player for us. He’s really good in the situation that we are in. We like to run up and down, and he’s able to do that. With him and Marcus Banks, it’s going to be a really talented team. And (Steve) Nash will do what he always does.

Suns.com: Only he’ll be doing it with less hair.

Barbosa: I don’t know if he’s going to keep it that way, but he’ll still be Steve Nash. People will recognize him with whatever style he has.

Suns.com: What do you think of Nash’s haircut?

Barbosa: I think it was kind of weird. Everybody knows him with a lot of hair. I saw a picture of him one time after the (1996) draft when he had short hair and after that, always long, long, long. A lot of people are talking about that. It was funny.

Suns.com: What has the maturity process been like with the Suns your first three years in the league?

Barbosa: I’m very happy to have these experiences here with the team, especially since Dan D'Antoni came to help me. I really appreciate that Mike D'Antoni saw good things in myself to bring his brother to come and help me. I’m very happy to have him in my life because he’s really changed my life and my style of play. It really helped the team and myself. That was a really good situation for me.

He was supposed to come to San Paulo for my camp, but he couldn’t go because he had meetings with the coaches, so he didn’t make it. I know he’s doing well. I’m going to try and call him when I’m here because I like him a lot.

Last edited by sixty : 08-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

LB is a good kid. I think he really values the relationship he has with Dan D'Antoni, and the organization has been more than kind to him. He was a bit of a disappointment the first couple years, and a lot of teams might have tried to unload him, so it's good to see that he's being loyal to the team.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:39 AM   #6
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
LB is a good kid. I think he really values the relationship he has with Dan D'Antoni, and the organization has been more than kind to him. He was a bit of a disappointment the first couple years, and a lot of teams might have tried to unload him, so it's good to see that he's being loyal to the team.

Co-sign.

Now I only hope Phoenix won't try to trade him .... EVER.... becuse this could crush this kid.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:41 AM   #7
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

No defense for life? Ouch
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
No defense for life? Ouch

Kobe doesn't play defence neither... at least the Suns are winning with Barbosa...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Wrong.Kobe was on the all defensive team this year.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #10
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

lucky bastards
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24

Name me one of your bench players that is better than Barbosa :confused: .
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #12
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

yeah how the heck did kobe get on the all-defensive team.....this boggles my mind.......i remember reading that and thinking that they mixed up the word defensive with offensive and said "oh well then kobe should be on there" but yeah i have no idea where that crap came from....
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:

the league's gotta be despo for defence ppl...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Pitty vote from the NBA. He had to win something. He really should not have been there.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: