Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fav Historical Figurez and Fictional Charactaz

Genghis Khan- obvious reasons

Napoleon Bonaparte- Love this guy. Most dominant modern military figure (outside of the blitzkreig possibly?), and improved almost every country he conquered by establishing meritocracies, improving infrastructures. Also, he was a self made man. Rose up through the ranks even as an outsider in the xenophobic French community.

Siddhartha Gautama- Established a very respectable religion with quality values that I could get behind.

Leonardo da Vinci- All around genius, truly a renaissance man, that any man would want to strive to be.

Julius Caesar and Caesar Augustus- Both had the ambition, capability and vision needed to become true enlightened leaders.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

Aristotle - the world as we know it would be totally different if not for this man

Einstein - nough said

Abe Lincoln - The one true president that should us the true meaning of democracy

Michael Jordan - the GOAT, changed basketball, touched the globe, and possible had the biggest impact on total amount of individual (alive) at one point in time.

Michael Jackson - Touched the world, before he touched something else

James Maynard Keenan - if you know who he is, then you understand why

Bruce Wayne - fights crimes and his own personal devils, while maintaining his cool and pimpin hoes.

The Dhali Lamma - what a concept

Reggie Miller - The other GOAT

Benny Hen - Its funny to see him slap and choke people into submission and seizures and them thank him for it, all while his pomador flaps around yet always intact.

Henry Rollins -see maynard
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Historical figures: Fred Shuttlesworth, Muhammad Ali, Ghengis Khan, Aesop, Jomo Kenyatta, Ghandi, Jack Kerouac,Dasher Ruiz

Fictional:N*gger Jim, Huck Finn, Forest Gump, Rocky Balboa, The Grinch, Wile E. Coyote, Captain Bucky O'Hare, Huey, Riley,and Granddad
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lenin and the Count of Monte Cristo (the novel version of course).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #20
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Erwin the Desert Fox Rommel- the ultimate General, a brilliant and daring tactician. He would do much with very little. He and his small band of Afrika Korps nearly defeated the allies in WW2 north Africa despite facing far superior numbers and logistical support, little suport from Hitler and the useless Italian army on his side, and the fact that the British decoded the German enigma code. Like all the greatest generals he led from the front in an armoured mobile communications truck and was able to see through and improvise in the chaotic sea of sand that was WW2 north africa. Admired and feared by the British and Americans alike. Top British general Bernard Montgomery hung a picture of him in his headquarters (no joke) and said he wished he had the brains that he had. He was a gentlemen who took no special treatment and the same measley rations that his men did and treated POW's very well. Once when asked why the British and AMerican POWs were only recieving a half liter of water a day, he replied " because that is all that i recieve"

Although he fought for the German army he was no Nazi, he despised the Nazi regime and Hitler. In 1944 he was forced to commit suicide for participating in an assassination attempt on Hitler.

Its a good thing Hitler didnt let him run the war.
Horde of Temujin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40

James Maynard Keenan - if you know who he is, then you understand why

LOL I didn't know the singer from TOOL had such a similar name to one of the greatest economists in history!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #22
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why everytime you make one of these threads, you mention Tyler Durden.

Why? It was a good movie... okay. I'm just not understanding the fascination, and why you always refer to Randy is beyond me. He likes the movie, okay, next....

Jus sayin.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

Why? It was a good movie... okay. I'm just not understanding the fascination, and why you always refer to Randy is beyond me. He likes the movie, okay, next....

Jus sayin.

Tyler had a great body.

JM asked to see my package on two occasions in a serious manner.

You make the call.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #24
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #25
Posts Penyeach
High school junior varsity star

Posts Penyeach has decent reputation

Quote:

Jus sayin.
Tyler Durden is the "bad side," the free side, of Ed Norton's character, who does whatever he wants. Easy relation to JM + WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith. Not to mention Fight Club was an enormously complex, exciting, intelligent, well-crafted movie, among the best ever, although IMO overshadowed by Dark Knight as far as philosophical action flicks go, in every respect.
Posts Penyeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #26
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
Tyler Durden is the "bad side," the free side, of Ed Norton's character, who does whatever he wants. Easy relation to JM + WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith. Not to mention Fight Club was an enormously complex, exciting, intelligent, well-crafted movie, among the best ever, although IMO overshadowed by Dark Knight as far as philosophical action flicks go, in every respect.
I love both movies but seriously? You should go watch some more movies.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
Jamz Nayschmidt

To be continued.

I can't wait to hear Looten Plunder and rufuspaul!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #28
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Historical Figurez
Malcolm X. A man I strive to be like, didn't take spit from nobody.

Fictional Charactaz
Homey the Clown. A man I strive to be like, didn't take spit from nobody.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #29
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Historical
FDR the man showed no fear in WWII
who ever invented PEPSI it just the greatest drink ever

Fictional
Homer Simpson-pure genious
Fox Mulder-The truth IS out there
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #30
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Fictional: N*gger Jim, Huck Finn, Forest Gump, Rocky Balboa, The Grinch, Wile E. Coyote, Captain Bucky O'Hare, Huey, Riley,and Granddad

your list is astonishingly dominated by the linguistically challenged.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: