Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 02-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation
Default Incase you guys dont know about Marion!

For the people in Miami that doesnt know a thing about Shawn Marion this guy can ball! He's one of the most underaded players in the game and he is a 4 time all-star! he averages around 15.8ppg and 9.90 rebounds this season a season low because of the great offensive players the Suns have but for his career 18.4 and 10 rebounds a game for a SF! His defense is one of the best in the leagues! he can guard Centers and point guards! The only flaw in Marions game he can't really create for himself! all his points come from hustle points and Nash dishes and steals. Watching Marion for 8 1/2 yrs here in Phoenix you guys are getting a great player!
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Wadeaminute has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Incase you guys dont know about Marion!

well he won't have to create his own shot. Wade will make it easier for him. Hopefully he can knock down that trey like he did in phoenix. If he can do that and play that tough D, I think he'll be fitting in quite nicely.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
lakears
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lakears has an OK reputation so far

Wade won't do anywhere near as good of a job of creating looks for marion as steve nash did. Imo wade is more of a create a shot for himself type of guy before looking to pass (from the very few games i've watched, so I may be wrong). Steve nash is a pass first score second player.
lakears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

actually he is always pass first (unless it's the fourth quarter, and the game is on the line). It's just that in this season, his teamates have let him down too many times and he no longer truly trusts them. Which is why i always see him force so many shots. He usually ranks high in assists in the league.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Exactly, Wade is an excellent passer and Marion can actually knock down the three...I don't think Marion's scoring will change much and if anything it will probably increase, now that he's a second option...
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Exactly, I also belive his scoring willincrease. Before nash came he was scoring over 20 a game. But when Nash came to the team, he decided to be a team player, which lowered his numbers. There is no doubt he will be scoring big with the heat.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/418713.html

Nice article on the Matrix

Wade - "''Shawn has natural leadership ability in him, too,'' Wade said. ``He's used to playing a certain way, and he expects a team to be together. You've seen it in Phoenix. . . . He's going to bring a good atmosphere around just because of what he's used to.''

Quite a contrast from what we heard about him in Phoenix, where he was often protrayed in recent history as a chemistry problem.

Some believe that this was the major factor in the trade.

I like the way he is encouraging the young guys, even when they screw up.

Last edited by G-train : 02-14-2008 at 06:35 PM.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Yeah, I have watched him go to players and give him that nash pattented "it's okay, were still in this" hand slap to his teamates (I used to always hate that, but now i see, it does help). Through two games, he has put up some great numbers (Though he has yet to knock down a three) and has been great for the team.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

He finally hit a few threes tonight. He makes the Heat enjoyable to watch again, despite the losses. He fills the gaps well with his rebounding, defense, and much-needed energy.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

lol. yeah, he did hit some threes this game. Though, not as consistently. Actually, it was marcus banks who has knocked down the trey really well. I belive he'll get better as he has more time into the team. I saw alot of turnovers due to the fact that they hadn't played with eachother much. i'm going to wait at least until they have 5 games under their belt to say if this is going to work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: