Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation
Default Idea trade with CLE..

I am a Blazers and Cavs fan, and everyone knows Cleveland needs a PG, and potentially another big man.

I'm just starting to learn more about what the Blazers are doing over the past few years, it's hard to follow them being in Ohio.

But from what I know Portland may have a dilehma of having to cut or buy players, or do 2 for 1 trades if they want to bring in some of their over seas players.

This is a potential trade I thought up that I think should benefit both teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...68:5-904&cash=

For Cleveland fans they would probably hate this trade knowing they want a major move, but what it does is it gives CLE a solid PG in Jack, I dont see him play much, but I believe he is a solid PG and a good character guy which Cleveland likes. Then we get LaFrentz, I'm not sure how good he is now and how much he could contribute, but next season he would become a big expiring deal, which will be a big piece for next year before the trade deadline. And he could get some PT in Cleveland, and Jack would probably become the starter, or a rotation guy.

For Portland they would have about $4.5 million off the books and then James Jones if they don't pick up his option, and they could let Brown and Newble go after this year and open 2 roster spots, and I'm not sure what they are doing with James Jones?? You also cut LaFrentz contract in half next year with Snows $6 million deal ending next off season, and you are getting rid of half of his contract with the ones of Brown and Newble this year.

It's not a major trade for Portland, which I think is what they want, not to touch their main players, even though Jack is a rotation player.

Cleveland needs a more major move, but i think this sets them up for next year, and helps them now with Jarrett Jack.

Also I think Cleveland would be interested in Channing Frye, which I hear others saying he isn't necessary in Portland. I think Cleveland has been willing to deal Gooden, but I'm sure they would want more if dealing Gooden.

Any thoughts?? Am I off with my reasoning, or does it sound fair??
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Idea trade with CLE..

Those are some interesting thoughts, and much better than 95% of the trade ideas I see thrown around. I for one would not want to do it still though. If the issue is simply buying players out, the Blazers could discuss a buyout with Raef. With all the talent the Blazers have stocked up, I don't see them getting rid of players for the sake of saving money because their is more options. 2 for 1's would be ideal, because pairing Jack with somebody else for one slightly better player gives us more talent while simultaneously adding a roster spot.

I hope that makes sense the way I said it.

Btw, Blazers won't want Gooden because of already having Aldridge and Oden in the starting line-up.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Idea trade with CLE..

I would like adding Newble because the Blazers need some defense off the bench. I actually been wanting them to go out and try to lure a Doug Christie or Darvin Ham out of retirement to play for them just for some defense off the bench LOL

Yes that was embarassing to admit.

Anyways, Nate McMillian isn't sold on Sergio Rodriguez and unless Portland gets the top pick and knows they can draft Rose or Mayo out of college then I doubt they would move Jack right now. People say Brandon Roy is the back up point guard. Well he can't play 48 minutes a night. They need a solid backup point guard. I love Jack though. Once he develops better court awareness and vision, he will be a good starting point guard in the league because he already has the ability to hit the open three and play good defense. Plus he plays his heart out and does anything for the team.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: