Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Be honest how far will they really go this year??

So all you Laker fans think you're going to win it all every year but really think, how far will this team go? Can they Beat the Spur, Mavs, Suns, Jazz in a 7 game series. They might beat them during the season a few times but can they do it in the playoffs?? How far??
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Be honest how far will they really go this year??

To PLUTO like Kobe wanted. I think they can this playoff assuming Bynum is back.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

If completely healed and gelling for the Playoffs, anything will be possible, we can match up with everyone very well. If banged up I could see us get the 2nd round, maybe squeek into the Western Finals and lose there.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Depends on who has homecourt, who they match up against and if they are healthy. If they are healthy and get a top 4 seed, they could get really far. The front line of Bynum, Gasol and Odom will create problems for any team they face and they have the deepest bench in the league. Spurs are old, Suns just got older and the mavs need to make a trade. Could be a good year.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Depends on who has homecourt, who they match up against and if they are healthy. If they are healthy and get a top 4 seed, they could get really far. The front line of Bynum, Gasol and Odom will create problems for any team they face and they have the deepest bench in the league. Spurs are old, Suns just got older and the mavs need to make a trade. Could be a good year.

If you're a championship caliber team it doesn't matter if you have homecourt or not. You should be good enough to win on the road.

If the lakers have everyone and if everyone grasps their role, then nothing should stop us. noone!!!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As most know of me, I am fairly conservative, and I am as hard on the Lakers as anyone. If, and I repeat a big IF, the Lakers get healthy with Bynum and Ariza coming back and they peak at the right time with the team developing combined chemistry, I don't see any team in the league that could beat them in a 7 game series....

Now, there are a LOT of "if's" there, so my more conservative approach is that I see them as at least a second round NBA playoff team this season with time on their side to improve, especially if the core of 3 can get healthy this season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
As most know of me, I am fairly conservative, and I am as hard on the Lakers as anyone. If, and I repeat a big IF, the Lakers get healthy with Bynum and Ariza coming back and they peak at the right time with the team developing combined chemistry, I don't see any team in the league that could beat them in a 7 game series....

Now, there are a LOT of "if's" there, so my more conservative approach is that I see them as at least a second round NBA playoff team this season with time on their side to improve, especially if the core of 3 can get healthy this season.

That reminds me, are you going to recreate that thread where you change your mind on the win count?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
That reminds me, are you going to recreate that thread where you change your mind on the win count?

Haha... those feelings were "Pre-Pau." Troublemaker!

I guess I have to rethink that... but I realistically think they are a 50+ win team this season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #9
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Considering Gasol being a novice in the laker system, Bynums future unsure, and this team as a whole having no real time to gel, I think they will falter in this seasons playoffs.

I am confident that they will get out of the 1st round.. but but after that, I think it will become a little bit of luck and chance.

The one thing I am certain about, is that next season this team is surely going all the way... i mean if these fellas get a decent training camp and preseason... and then they attain great chemistry, all will bow down to the awsomeness of the lakers...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 AM   #10
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If you're a championship caliber team it doesn't matter if you have homecourt or not. You should be good enough to win on the road.

You must be new to the NBA, obviously havent done your homework. Only ONE team has won an NBA championship lower than the 4 seed. The '95 Houston Rockets were the 5 seed. Homecourt in the NBA playoffs is bigger than you think, go look at W-L records.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #11
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
You must be new to the NBA, obviously havent done your homework. Only ONE team has won an NBA championship lower than the 4 seed. The '95 Houston Rockets were the 5 seed. Homecourt in the NBA playoffs is bigger than you think, go look at W-L records.

lol Hes quite knowledgable , he'll prob find the stat to prove you wrong dude. not to mention The Knicks got there as an 8 seed despite losing proves with right mixture of vets and playoff proven players, Home Court is not the biggest deal in the world it just helps with those who arent mentally tough.

Last edited by Lakers13 : 02-09-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with all the "IF's"....

But I love my team and got to think positive....WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are healthy, geling, and peak at the right time of course. :party2:
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #13
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
lol Hes quite knowledgable , he'll prob find the stat to prove you wrong dude. not to mention The Knicks got there as an 8 seed despite losing proves with right mixture of vets and playoff proven players, Home Court is not the biggest deal in the world it just helps with those who arent mentally tough.

Whoops, my mistake. The '94-95 Rockets were the 6 seed, not the 5.

I thought this forum had people who knew what they were talking about? Go look at how many NBA playoff series HOME teams have won compared to road teams. I think its up around 68%. Yea, you are right, doesnt mean much

Last edited by 211269 : 02-09-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well it shouldn't surprise anyone that in the playoffs teams with home court advantage win more games... they won more games in the regular season too..
that's how they got home court...

generally all that stat says is the better teams win playoff series (duh).. that's why lower seed teams rarely make it to the finals because they are not as good as the teams with BETTER RECORDS

it actually has little bearing on the actual home court advantage... if home court were that important most series would go 7 games... instead of the 5 game average now

Last edited by gts : 02-09-2008 at 02:24 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:28 AM   #15
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well it shouldn't surprise anyone that in the playoffs teams with home court advantage win more games... they won more games in the regular season too..
that's how they got home court...

generally all that stat says is the better teams win playoff series (duh).. that's why lower seed teams rarely make it to the finals because they are not as good as the teams with BETTER RECORDS

it actually has little bearing on the actual home court advantage... if home court were that important most series would go 7 games... instead of the 5 game average now

You explained it better then me
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: