Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default How intense do you get when you play?

I just got done playing NCAA 2005 with my created team, the North California Rams. You have no idea how ****ing retarded my quarterback Jimmie Kemp is. Week before the game, he gets his retarded ass suspended. Our backup quarterback sucks balls, his rating is 76. Our line is inexperienced, and our receivers never make the big play.

Anyway, we played 2-6 USC, they suck now because we beat them every year, and then they start losing more in Pac 10 play, so their recruiting drops severely and they now suck. But they're still a good team. Their quarterback was fast as hell, and he picked us apart. Fred Davis was at wideout and he killed us. Too big for my CB.

We lost, 28-14. Pissed the hell out of me, because I wanted to go to the freaking championship game and play Texas, now I'll have to settle for mICHIAGN in the Rose Bowl, if we even get that because we are now ranked #11, tho we are one of two major teams with less than two losses in teh BCS rankings. They ****ed those things up so bad, we should be at #2 or #3 still. #3's better. Ohio State lost, too, so now they could've beat Mich without them jumping us in the polls. we could go to #2, and then play the nat champ game. but rankings blew it.

But I restarded the game. Acutgally, I pressed power, and I don't think I'm going to play the S.C. game again. I'll just start a new team because it won't be the same.

So do you guys get intense, or are you all pretty nonchalant?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Default Re: How intense do you get when you play?

Normally, I'm cool. I will admit, I bought The Orange Box last month, I was playing Half Life Episode 2, and I kept failing the ending, and I did start letting a few f-bombs fly.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
ukballer
Clippers & Bobcats

All depends on the situation. If I'm nearing the end of a mission/match/race etc, and then something happens that kills me or ruins my race, I get pretty mad, and end up just turning the console off.

When I played Mario Kart DS on wifi and was in the lead the whole race, then the guy who was last and at least half a lap behind got a blue shell and used it on me, and I was literally inches from the finishing line, and the guy who was behind me zooms past and I only come 2nd. I was pretty pissed considering I was leading from the first corner of the race. It gets annoying when the guy who's in last ruins my race.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #4
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
All depends on the situation. If I'm nearing the end of a mission/match/race etc, and then something happens that kills me or ruins my race, I get pretty mad, and end up just turning the console off.

Haha, yeah me too. I don't take games too seriously, but when I'm playing games where they're long and it took me a while to get there, and then something happens to kill me or retire me from a race or something, I get really angry and end up turning the thing off, and then regretting turning it off because I forgot to save it or something.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

I'm definitely not the kind of guy who throws the controller at the wall and swears at the top of my lungs. I will admit, though, when glitches happen to the computers on my team do retarded ****, I get pissed, and try to posterize someone the next possession to calm my nerves. If something unbelievably stupid happens, like the computers running at super-human speed to get a loose ball before me, then I simply get up, turn off the console, put down the controller, and walk away. Just walk away. But that's just when I'm alone. When I'm playing with friends and something stupid happens or I lose in crunch time, then I tend to swear a bit.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I only really play NBA 2k8 now. Usually I am winning or have a close game within the last 4 minutes, but when my team (Grizzlies) start missing easy shots then I get pissed. And usually the other team comes back and wins the game, by hitting some of the most ridiculous, whilst my team can't even make simple shots, such as open layups. That's when I get really pissed. If I am losing by quite a lot then it doesn't bother me as much, but when it's a close game and I lose then I get pretty pissed.

The Grizzlies team I use, is the current roster. So I have no inside threat and I always have to use Miller and Gay to score otherwise I'll get killed, the team sucks to say the least.

I remember playing one of the GTA games a few years ago and I got stuck on one of the missions. I got so annoyed that I threw the controller at the wall and then went and punched the wall.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

I don't get that intense. I might swear a bit, and in the tight sports games when I'm playing my brother or someone and the trash talk is flying, my hands might get sweaty.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
detroits finest
I hit open layups

Only football games seem to get me mad I can play basketball and baseball games without any trouble. The worst thing I have ever done has broke the analog stick of a ps2 controller from banging it on the table.
detroits finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

every time i play cs, i automatically take it seriously. cs is probably the most intense game for me.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

I chucked my controller into the wall and made a hole a couple of months ago. My mom got pissed and grounded me.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
clipps
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I chucked my controller into the wall and made a hole a couple of months ago. My mom got pissed and grounded me.

Damn. I'd get pissed and ground you too.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

My brother used to go nuts-o when I beat him at videogames. We used to play this Australian football game, and i'd whip him by 100+ points, and he'd go nuts, start chucking the controller around and then he'd beat the **** outta me. It was kinda worth it to see him get so worked up.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #13
sixerfan82
College star

i used to slam my fist on my desk when i lost in nba live 03 online

nowadays i usually slip out a regular 'what the f.."

or something like "oh you want this bish??? WHAT NOW!!, yea thats right"
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
clipps
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
i used to slam my fist on my desk when i lost in nba live 03 online

nowadays i usually slip out a regular 'what the f.."

or something like "oh you want this bish??? WHAT NOW!!, yea thats right"

I've broken a total of 2 ps2 controllers and that was years ago when San Andreas was new. Other than that, I don't have too many problems when I play video games. I have the typical "f*ck, this game's pissing me off!!"

When I play video games and I've been stuck on a level for a long, long time and I finally get past it, that's when I show the most emotion. I remember playing Guitar Hero 3 career mode on expert. I've been stuck on Raining Blood(Slayer) and One(Metallica). One day, I finally beat One for the first time. Cool thing about that song, it's fun as hell so I don't mind retrying, but it was nice to finally beat that song. Metallica, One was nothing to me though. In fact, I have no idea why I was stuck on that song for so long. But Raining Blood was a different story. Most of the song isn't that hard, but there is one part in the middle that just throws what looks like a wall of notes at you, and it sounds like nails on a chalk board, and the constant failing makes you want to kill babies. I would fail and fail and fail again and again at the same spot. Then finally a few days ago, I finally got past that part, the rest of the song was a free ride. The end was a little tricky, but I managed to get out of it alive. Once I finally hit the last held chord of the song, I was like "F*CK YEA, I'M NEVER PLAYING THIS F*CKIN SONG AGAIN!!!"

Now I'm stuck on the Lou Boss Battle on expert... epic fail each time. Guitar Hero 3 career mode on expert is a free ride to me, but once I get to Raining Blood, it'll take me days to beat. And when I beat that, I have the Lou Boss Battle. I have no trouble playing the song, but I suck at battle mode in GH3. Once I finally beat Lou Boss Battle, I get to have fun with some of the BS songs on the bonus list like Dragonforce.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Everything depends on what or who I'm playing.

If I'm playing a single player epic (like Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, etc.) I'm laid back, not too involved.

If I'm playing something like Street Fighter, and I'm not playing against a n00b I'm very focused (unless I'm hammered).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: