Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Default Re: Farmar not playing well lately.

^Once again I wouldn't make to much out of it Phil probably saw D/fisher talking to Farmar thanks for a vet on the TEAM.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Vlad may be starting caliber, be he isn't a very good overall player, his strength is shooting and when his shot isn't falling, he isn't very useful out there. He's below average on defense, passing, rebounding, driving to the hole, and playing in the post. Walton should be able to outplay Vlad in every area except shooting and he's not doing it.

Once the Lakers get back to full strength, Odom will start at the 3 and I think Ariza or Vlad will be the first 3 off the bench depending on if Phil wants offense or defense.

Jordan Farmar will be fine, he'll bounce back, I predict it! :) After the allstar break he'll be back to his old self.

Very good but i have always mentioned on this forum that Vlad is severely underrated at passing and driving in. Noone ever notices how phenomenal his passing is and how vital it is to our offense. Vlad has developed a good overall game since joining us and I would pencil him in as a starter 9/10 times over luke.

The problem is when Luke's confidence is down, every part of his game including passing is down as well. Walton was never a good defender, never a good shooter (except for a small part of last season), and his rebounding has fallen off (wasnt ever that high anyways).

I would take Vlad knowing I can get some instant offense and give some time for our better players to warm up and get into the game.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #18
Lakers4PHAT
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He's been shooting very poor as of late.

He is shooting 6/24 for 25% on field goals his last 4 games and isn't distributing the ball well enough either.

The odd thing about it is his poor play came right after javaris left and probably doesn't feel threatened about losing his role.

If thats the case I am really not sure if he is worth it. Pau is making the game so much easier so how is Farmar not getting "into" the games?

Discuss.
Lakerfreak, it is scary how I always seem to have the EXACT same thought as you. I notice that from the first day I find out about this site. I don't know if that good or bad
Lakers4PHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers4PHAT
Lakerfreak, it is scary how I always seem to have the EXACT same thought as you. I notice that from the first day I find out about this site. I don't know if that good or bad

You might be that long lost twin my mom was telling me about
Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You two complete each other? How cute!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #21
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

Im not too woried about this slump. He's just losing some PT in the rotation to The Machine but hey sasha is earning his PT. Lets give fish some credit for doing the exact things he was signed to do. 1)stability and 2) teaching/giving advice to the young guys. Seeing as Farmboy is now his sole student i expect him to pick himself up and put in a good game soon. Hopefully against the Heat.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #22
SoCalMike

From LA Times:

Quote:

Jordan Farmar has been quiet lately, averaging 3.8 points and 18 minutes his last four games. "I think he's gotten a little bit passive defensively rather than being aggressive and active," Jackson said. "As a consequence, he's gotten a little bit behind the game. He's given us an infusion of energy [in the past]. We need that."

Source: Farmar Update

Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #23
SoCalMike

Default Jackson, Farmar make up after tiff

Quote:

Lakers coach Phil Jackson and second-year guard Jordan Farmar got into a bit of a disagreement in the fourth quarter, but they made up at the end of the game.

Keyon Dooling drove by Farmar, scored and was fouled by Ronny Turiaf. Jackson leaped off his seat and pointed towards Farmar.

Farmar said something back. Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis waved Farmar away.

When Farmar didn't get out on a Keith Bogans three-pointer, Jackson called a time out and admonished Farmar during the time out.

This time, Derek Fisher stepped towards Farmar.

When play resumed, Jackson had Farmar on the bench and had put Fisher back in the game.

After the game, as Farmar and Jackson walked off the court together, the two smiled.

Farmar was asking questions and Jackson was giving him answers, the correct answers.

Source: Jackson, Farmar make up after tiff

Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #24
andredpg
I airball my layups

farmar plays well with bynum. its sure look like the've been practising a lot during the off-season, so with bynum on the floor jordan feels more comfortable
it is not a surprise that his slump occured just after Drew injury.
i dont think this is due to critt departure, he's not that kind of player
he will be ok. overall, he's probably the our most consistant bench player
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #25
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

With Farmar it's nothing more than the typical case of a young player hitting the wall. He worked very hard in the offseason and now has played more games/minutes than he's used to a done much more traveling....remember in High school and College they don't play anywhere near this many games nor did he get this kind of playing time last year.
He is worn out now but there is no doubt that now that they are returning from the road trip, he will get his second wind and be fine
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredpg
farmar plays well with bynum. its sure look like the've been practising a lot during the off-season, so with bynum on the floor jordan feels more comfortable
it is not a surprise that his slump occured just after Drew injury.
i dont think this is due to critt departure, he's not that kind of player
he will be ok. overall, he's probably the our most consistant bench player

The slump did not occur after drew was gone and is not relevant to Farmar's performance at all.

The point of this thread is to call out farmar a bit. Was he playing well to stay ahead of javaris?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #27
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Very good but i have always mentioned on this forum that Vlad is severely underrated at passing and driving in. Noone ever notices how phenomenal his passing is and how vital it is to our offense. Vlad has developed a good overall game since joining us and I would pencil him in as a starter 9/10 times over luke.

The problem is when Luke's confidence is down, every part of his game including passing is down as well. Walton was never a good defender, never a good shooter (except for a small part of last season), and his rebounding has fallen off (wasnt ever that high anyways).

I would take Vlad knowing I can get some instant offense and give some time for our better players to warm up and get into the game.

I have to repectfully disagree with you, in my opinion Vlad is an average passer and average when driving to the hole. I think saying he is a phenomenal passer is really reaching. I don't think there is a phenomenal passer on the whole team right now. Maybe my standards are higher lol.

There is no doubt he has a role with this team but just like Luke when Vald is off his game he is just as useless as when Luke is struggling. Except for this last stretch of about 10 games or so Vlad's been pretty useless to the Lakers this season.

I also have to say I've seen more energy out of Vlad during this 10 game stretch than I've seen in his entire Laker tenure, hopefully he can keep it up.

Back to Farmar, he bounced back with a solid performance last game scoring 10 points in 18 min, 2 stls, no turnovers, a couple of attacking drives to the hole, and a clutch 3 pointer. Did you see the way he abused Boykins? They forced CHA to take him out after he posted him up 3 times in a row abusing him with both shooting and passing...he even commanded double teams during that short time lol. That was fun to watch. Lets see if this starts Farmars bounce back.

Last edited by alexthegod : 02-13-2008 at 12:12 AM.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
lakers_fan4life
Serious playground baller

well every player plays bad sometimes and farmar is still a young player sure he has been missing too many shots here lately but when he starts scoring really well again we will be on here talkin about how good he is and how we love him come on people fisher has farmars back

LA LAKERS as dj khaled would say

WE DA BEST!!!!
lakers_fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #29
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

He's just in a slump. Hes been very conssitent this year and hes still young, so its reasonable for him to slump. Remeber this is also the longest road stretch of the season and in recent years so its probably taking its toll on a few players. As for him losing motivation after JC left, no one reall knows. Maybe it has had a little affect, but he was getting a lot more pt than jc before he left so i dont know if he was threatened by him. Still I think its just the long road trip and a litte slump. I wouldnt be worried.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #30
vert48
Can You?

I think that this is several things coming to a head:
1 - Earlier in the season, there was less pressure, and he was fresh.
2 - Everyone goes through slumps.
3 - He knows that he was discussed in the trade for Gasol, so there is no doubt that is still messing with his head (the elephant in the room).
4 - He knows they are now a top 8 or better team, so what he does makes a real difference.
5 - Finding the balance between playing loose, lazy, hard, and trying to hard is tough, especially on the second team where it is far more important to not make mistakes than to make great plays. When stress and pressure are applied, things get even more difficult to balance.

I think that playing in the Rook/Soph game will be good for him because it is loose, and fun. The rest of the time should be relaxing for him, so he should come back fresh.

Hopefully, the Lakers have a plan to keep the youngsters from hitting the wall after the break. It is February and March where most of them crash. If they can make it through March intact, they should be fine the rest of the season.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: