Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
CantLooz
I airball my layups

CantLooz has an OK reputation so far
Default Bynum Update!

So far, Bynum's recovery stays on track
Saturday, Feb 9, 2008 7:21 am EST

Getty Images
Andrew Bynum continues to heal, which the Los Angeles Lakers will accept as an added pick-me-up while working their way through a 15-day trip according to the Los Angeles Times.

Bynum was expected to be out at least eight weeks after sustaining a bone bruise in his left knee and a dislocation of his left kneecap Jan. 13 against Memphis. He would return the week of March 9 if he came back eight weeks from the time of the injury.

"That was kind of the thought when the injury happened," Lakers spokesman John Black said Friday. "We have no reason to change that right now. We will continue to monitor it. As far as the swelling goes, it looks more normal. He's definitely not running or jogging, but he's continuing treatment."

Source: Los Angeles Times
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bynum Update!

can't wait

heres the link too.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=1&cset=true
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Aww some good news, instead of hearing Buchers ramblings of BS the other week. Cant wait, Im currently trying to get some tickets for 4/11 or 4/13.

Their opponent? Hornets and Spurs.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

This is great news! Especially after hearing about how espn rambled on him being out the rest of the season. I am Anxious to see how the Lakers play aganst the suns now with the 2 new ( oneal for them, Pau for us) additions, when we get ariza and Bynum back.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Hope Ceballos doesn't jinx us this time!
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Lets just stay the course and things will work out for us. Bynum and Ariza return won't be long coming just hope then can get back in shape before the playoffs.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good to hear he is on tract. I can't wait to see the twin towers out there together!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Man, I really miss Bynum. I'm so glad he's on track and getting better. To you, big guy!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks for the post... very good news so lets cross our fingers and hope he progresses. You know, he has not even met Pau as a Laker teammate yet!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
Ceballos
Banned

Ceballos has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton_04
Hope Ceballos doesn't jinx us this time!

Actually I was listening to the Loose Cannons the other day and Hartman was saying Bynum's injury doesn't actually heal. He'll wear a knee brace for the rest of his career because of his injury. I think the brace is mostly for his mental security rather than aggravating the injury some more.
Ceballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos
Actually I was listening to the Loose Cannons the other day and Hartman was saying Bynum's injury doesn't actually heal. He'll wear a knee brace for the rest of his career because of his injury. I think the brace is mostly for his mental security rather than aggravating the injury some more.

Yeah, Hartman's a doctor....

Pretty much any structural injury you have on your body will last a lifetime in some form or another. I broke my hand a long time ago as a kid, and I still get pains from it. So what?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #12
Lakers4PHAT
I airball my layups

Lakers4PHAT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Yeah, Hartman's a doctor....
Pretty much any structural injury you have on your body will last a lifetime in some form or another. I broke my hand a long time ago as a kid, and I still get pains from it. So what?

Whenever Hartman have to speculate on something about the Lakers, he always err on the negative side. He is a hater. I can't stand him.
Lakers4PHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #13
Wened
Banned

Wened has an OK reputation so far

I have a friend of the family who is a orthopedist. I talked to her around the time when the injury to Andrew Bynum happened. She told me that knee subluxation is a tricky injury. Eventhough it is only a partial dislocation of kneecap, the damage to the ligaments holding the kneecap is permanent, so depending on the severity, it can lead to a degenerative knee.

She did say though, that if Adrew Bynum can really come back in 2 months, it probably means that his knee injury isn't career damaging.
Wened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #14
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great news.

I think all will be well. Hope Bynum and Trevor heal up good and we ease them back in to playing. I think Kobe Gasol and company can hold up fort till then.

GO LAKES!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #15
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wened
I have a friend of the family who is a orthopedist. I talked to her around the time when the injury to Andrew Bynum happened. She told me that knee subluxation is a tricky injury. Eventhough it is only a partial dislocation of kneecap, the damage to the ligaments holding the kneecap is permanent, so depending on the severity, it can lead to a degenerative knee.

She did say though, that if Adrew Bynum can really come back in 2 months, it probably means that his knee injury isn't career damaging.

Yeah, it goes back to what I said earlier... usually, when someone has a dislocation of any kind, it does have a propensity to happen more than once in their lifetimes, especially if they are a professional athlete. I guess the human body is just not perfect.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: