Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
TheGrassIsGreen
Why is...those things?

TheGrassIsGreen has decent reputation
Default Kirilenko

Hey guys. As a Rockets fan, I hate you all with a burning passion, but that fire simply can't be spread to Kirilenko. He's one of my favorite players and it was hard for me to see him struggle the way he did last season. My question to you all is: how is he doing this year? I realize that his stats are better this season, but a far cry from how he played in 05-06. I also know that the emergence of Williams(another favorite of mine) hurt Kirilenko's stats a bit, but what I'm really trying to ask is if his impact is the same.

P.S. For those of you who don't understand sarcasm, I don't hate you all with a burning passion. I just have an extreme dislike for you.
TheGrassIsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

Cowhide hits hom has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kirilenko

He is doing alittle bit, yes only a little bit better in my opinion. His outside shot is dropping this year and Sloan hates a guy shooting outside without going inside first, so it is a big impact with his shoot dropping so the criticism isn't coming to him like in the past.

Another thing in my humble opinion about AK is he will never be back to his top five in the league play. Becuase Boozer is now playing on the team from injury etc. AK was been relocated from PF to SF. AK will excell if put back in the middle to roam his shot blocking arm and garbage pick up etc, but that will never happen.... baring another injury to Boozer.
Cowhide hits hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Another thing about AK, I wish media and fans of OTHER teams would STOP putting his name out there in so many proposed ****ty trades!!

lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

He is showing that he can fit a lot of different molds.

His passing abilities are being used a lot more. He is the facilitator in a lot of Utah's half court sets. Otherwise, his jumper has gained consistent status. His D is back to normal (fewer stat lines, better effect), and he looks happy. He feels like he is a part of the team again.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
He is showing that he can fit a lot of different molds.

His passing abilities are being used a lot more. He is the facilitator in a lot of Utah's half court sets. Otherwise, his jumper has gained consistent status. His D is back to normal (fewer stat lines, better effect), and he looks happy. He feels like he is a part of the team again.
It's a shame he's getting the maximum, because most signs point towards them getting rid of him when Deron is due for an extension. And because he's making the maximum, it can make it difficult to find a trade partner, who'll give up a good piece in return.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

how much money is left on AK's deal?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
how much money is left on AK's deal?

http://hoop#shype.com/salaries/utah.htm
remove the #

I was suprised at our moves this season. Phoenix offered Marion/Banks for AK + filler, we rejected it. Phoenix then offered Marion for AK. We rejected it. It would have been perfect for the money, and we would not get any worse with the deal (though AK would have been a monster in Phoenix). Then we gave Giricek for Korver. Add 3 years at 5M instead of an expiring 4M.

The Plan
Summer before 09/10
Boozer/Okur taking the player options.
We will fail to renegotiate a contract with Williams and he plays one more year.
Milsap will go FA

Summer before 10/11
Boozer gets max deal.
Williams gets max deal.
Okur goes FA (we can't him what hes worth). Fesenko gets a smaller contract to replace him.
Bite the bullet on AK's contract for 1 year.

Summer before 11/12
AK takes pay cut or goes FA.
Korver re-ups.
Brewer goes FA, gets his money, and starts for someone.

If we didn't expect to do that, then we should have let Gordon expire here, and taken the Marion deal. We would have been worse this year, but it made so much more sense. These talks about Ben Wallace are disgusting.

Last edited by luigi>mario : 02-12-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

Luigi

I heard on the radio not to long ago when Larry H. Miller was talking with David Lock, that if Phoenix would have offered Marion for AK staight up the Jazz would have taken it, but they didn't. Larry then went on explaining the details of the salaries. Phoenix wanted to unload Banks and whatever else and the Jazz didn't want/need another PG at 6 million. The other thing is Marion has a stipulation in his contract that he can opt out in one year, and the Jazz wanted that out of the contract before they would accept. It sounded like the option wasn't the issue but that the extra money the suns were trying to unload on was the main concern for Larry and the Jazz.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowhide hits hom
Luigi

I heard on the radio not to long ago when Larry H. Miller was talking with David Lock, that if Phoenix would have offered Marion for AK staight up the Jazz would have taken it, but they didn't. Larry then went on explaining the details of the salaries. Phoenix wanted to unload Banks and whatever else and the Jazz didn't want/need another PG at 6 million. The other thing is Marion has a stipulation in his contract that he can opt out in one year, and the Jazz wanted that out of the contract before they would accept. It sounded like the option wasn't the issue but that the extra money the suns were trying to unload on was the main concern for Larry and the Jazz.

Really? I thought that was the original deal and then we rejected the non-banks offer too.
The opt out would actually have been fine IMO. If he did opt out, we could renegotiate Williams then. If he didn't we just wait a year on DWill.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

I found a link to an old SLTrib article from October.
http://www.sltrib.com//ci_7176567?IA...www.sltrib.com

Quote:
The Suns originally wanted to unload Marcus Banks, only to have the Jazz balk at taking on a $17 million salary commitment for a backup point guard. The talks eventually came around to a one-for-one deal, Marion for Kirilenko.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

I understand.

These are the details and they probably weren't relayed accrately, but I was very intrigued by the LHM interview. I'm sure there was more details in the trade than what was spoken on the radio too, but LHM didn't tell it all.

I'll see if I can find a link for the radio broadcast too. Love the info, thanks for posting.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

This is all I could find, it's a radio best of for the day with David Lock. I didn't listen to it again so not sure if it is in there.

http://www.thefansports.com/blog/ind...&month=2&day=7
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Sometimes I think Miller talks too much, but, hey, I listen when he talks.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #14
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

Thought about making a new thread for this but figured to put it in here instead.
Cool article on AK. He is a VERY good player and people only looking at the box scores don't see his play/role like those watching the games night in night out. He doesn't always get the nice words like this article because he gets overshowed by box score players. The article tells alot of what the Jazz are.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7817926/Kirilenko-key-to-Utah's-success

Last edited by Cowhide hits hom : 02-22-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

yea i read that on tuesday... its a good strong article with a good point...
i dunno tho, he is a good player and taking him out would result in the jazz falling a little but he isnt the reason for the jazz's sucess, the jazz is responsible for its own sucess...
what im tryin to say one player doesnt make a team no matter how good..
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: