Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

Cowhide hits hom has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kirilenko

yep. ^^^

Each player has his role and AK hopefully has found his role and hopefully is happy with it even though it is a bit of a downgrade than it was in the past.
Cowhide hits hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #17
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

AK definately adds dimensions to the team that nobody else on the roster can. On the court I am glad we still have him. Hope the books work out the same way.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #18
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

His contract is too big... think about it, when dwill has to re sign hes gunna want some money cos hes a key player now, as will booze and okur so with ak n his huge contract we cant keep all of them, either ak has to lower his contract (if that can be done) or he will have to leave... which might not be good news for the jazz
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:39 AM   #19
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
His contract is too big... think about it, when dwill has to re sign hes gunna want some money cos hes a key player now, as will booze and okur so with ak n his huge contract we cant keep all of them, either ak has to lower his contract (if that can be done) or he will have to leave... which might not be good news for the jazz

Our moves so far--No to the Marion deal, Korver for Giricek--make me think LHM is going over the cap for one year.

http://hoopshy pe.com/salaries/utah.htm

The way I see it, summer 2009 we convince Boozer/Okur to take their player options. We try to renegotiate a deal with Williams, fail, and go with the qualifying offer.

Summer 2010 we sign Boozer and Williams to max deals, let Okur walk and get the money he deserves, and bite the bullet on AK's/Korver's last years. Next year AK can stay and take a big pay cut.

Unless we can trade AK's contract to Russia for a pile of beets and cabbage, we will be enjoying him on the court (I think he is a big part of our success, about 7-8M though). Marion would have been perfect financially for DWill. If he opts out, we sign Williams then, if he stayed, we wait one more year for him to come off the books or trade him to get the Williams deal done. Giricek was an expirer too, Korver's contract runs past Boozer, Okur, and Williams.

Unless (1) Boozer/Okur think they deserve more than their player options (which they might), or (2) I don't understand how DWill's 'qualifying offer' 09-10 works, I think we go over the cap in 2010/2011 and go for the big one. The core will have had a long and illustrious career by then.

Looking forward to being at the top the next few years along with the Lakers (gonna be a big rivalry), Hornets, (Denver? Portland?) when Spurs (Duncan), Suns (Nash/Shaq), Mavs (Kidd) loose a step too many.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
OlDeRaDo_64

Russia?? He would be wasted in russia, unless what we did was send him back for a season work with some of the teams over there then come back to the NBA??

there is no way otherwise he will goto russia, he doesnt even wanna leave anymore
Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Russia?? He would be wasted in russia, unless what we did was send him back for a season work with some of the teams over there then come back to the NBA??

there is no way otherwise he will goto russia, he doesnt even wanna leave anymore

It was a joke.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
OlDeRaDo_64

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
It was a joke.

oh, my bad... sorry