Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Kikko3
I airball my layups

Kikko3 has an OK reputation so far
Default How did i do!!! BIG TRADE

I traded Kaman and Dunleavy for his Duncun and Ellis. Im in a 10team h2h league with 9 categories..im wining in fg%, pts, rebs, ast, st, bl, and decent in 3ptm and FT%. While im punting TO's. Im tied in first place now, winning this week 6-2 but i have teams nipping at my heels and lower seed teams getting some key players back soon from injury and i felt i needed to make a move..i still need to make one more and am actively trying to trade aldridge for a sg/sf who can shoot 3's and is a good free throw shooter.

my team consists of...
pg- Calderon, Deron Williams, Bibby, Alston, a. carter
sg- wade, dunleavy
sf- Marion, Jamison, AK47
pf- aldridge
c- Kaman, Nazr, Chandler

His team-
Ellis, nash, parker, nate
peirce, stevenson, marvin williams, deng
tim thomas
webber, joe smith, duncun
wilcox howard

I was thinking since ak47 and deron have bad playoff schedules of trying to trade the two of them with aldridge and calderon. i was thinking of packaging Calderon and AK47 for someone and Deron and Aldridge for Paul. I need players with good playoff schedules. Help please, ill write back.
Kikko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: How did i do!!! BIG TRADE

I think you did well. While Duncan is slightly worse than Kaman statistically, the return of Brand will probably inevitably eat away at his numbers, however significantly. It means that you kept Kaman while he was at his peak, and dealt for Duncan at about the time when they were probably both going to have equal value, with Duncan possibly having more as the Spurs push for a playoff seed and the Clippers start booking tee times.

In the Dunleavy/Monta part, its pretty much a toss up. You lost threes and gained slight fg% and steals. You got the hotter player of the two, and with Dunleavy going down last night, who knows what could happen.

Since you are only decent at threes, the loss of Dunleavy may hurt you there. I wouldnt say to try and punt that cat, since you get healthy threes from a lot of other players, but maybe dealing Bibby for someone like Andre Miller, who doesnt hit threes but gives a lot of assists, might be a good move.

There wasnt a major swing in cats from this trade, so I hope that it benefits you in terms of player health and second-half stat increases.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: