Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
ellenajekalb
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ellenajekalb has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Camby?

I am in a 10-team H2H league, and my team is:

Devin Harris
Vince Carter
Andre Miller
Tayshaun Prince
Rasheed Wallace
Hedo Turkoglu
Marcus Camby
Mo Williams
Mike Bibby
Kobe Bryant
Michael Redd
Andris Biedrins
Elton Brand
Chris Duhon

I'm thinking maybe to trade Camby since his stock is up and he's probably going to miss a few games here or there due to injury. Sure his numbers have been great, but shouldf I try and sell high and get someone like Tim Duncan who might be better down the stretch?
ellenajekalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
ellenajekalb
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ellenajekalb has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Camby?

bump
ellenajekalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

thats not a half bad idea. but maybe instead of tim duncan u should target al jefferson. someone with a smaller name but just as good.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I agree with chuckyboy in that I like your reasoning, but AlJeff wont give you blocks, which you'll need desperately if you deal Camby. Duncan is probably your best bet in terms of getting a guy that gets points, fg%, blocks and boards at a sensible rate. Dwight and Yao are probably out of reach, but you could always try for them.

Another option might be to go a little cheaper and get 2for1, where you get Okafor and someone else solid.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I agree with chuckyboy in that I like your reasoning, but AlJeff wont give you blocks, which you'll need desperately if you deal Camby. Duncan is probably your best bet in terms of getting a guy that gets points, fg%, blocks and boards at a sensible rate. Dwight and Yao are probably out of reach, but you could always try for them.

Another option might be to go a little cheaper and get 2for1, where you get Okafor and someone else solid.

Naw Al will get you blocks but not at 3 per game

I'd go after Chris Kaman
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I think this is a great option ..then you can drop unpredictable Chris Duhon and round out your team more...

Quote:
I'd go after Chris Kaman

Im not too sure about Kaman's continuing value ..with Brand's returning ..his value is going to drop down the stretch..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
Naw Al will get you blocks but not at 3 per game

I'd go after Chris Kaman

But if ellenajekalb deals Camby for Jefferson, s/he loses two blocks per game. Considering that Biedrins is losing pt for the Warriors and Sheed is only getting 1.5 blocks per, that leaves this owner with almost nothing in terms of blocks, as everyone else on their team is a guard or forward who doesnt get them. And owning Brand and Kaman wouldnt make a lot of sense, especially if you're dealing Camby to get Kaman, as they're both going to eat away at each other's stats soon.

Since you've got a lot of guards, why not try dealing a sg/pg and Camby? For instance, trade Camby and VC for Dwight and Terry. Or maybe Camby and Redd for Yao and Mike Miller? Or even Camby and VC for Okafor, Barbosa and David West?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: