Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far
Default Potential Free Agents

Since we aren't making the playoffs this year and after our huge trade I figure it isn't that unreasonable to discuss next season. We can use this thread to discuss free agents we think Miami will go after or should go after. Someone asked in another thread about what PGs I think Miami would go after in free agency and I posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
Obviously you have Gilbert Arenas but he isn't (if Miami could even afford him) the type of PG this team needs. He is a scoring and needs the ball to much this team needs a distributer. There are some good older PGs in Cassell, Anthony Johnson, and Anthony Carter. However there some some interesting young guys coming out that I think would get some interest from Miami. Chris Duhon, Beno Udrih, and maybe Jose Calderon but I'm not sure if there is any chance the Raptors would let him go. From my list I think Chris Duhon would be the most realistically choice. If Marion opts out then we may have enough money to go after Calderon.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Wadeaminute has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

I would personally choose SAM, only because he has proven he can run a team. Duhon is also a good choice, he's a good shooter and can be an outlet for Dwayne.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sam would be good for this team, but I think Sam wants a run at a title and will end up going to a team like the Celtics next season.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Sam would be good for this team, but I think Sam wants a run at a title and will end up going to a team like the Celtics next season.
agreed. He will sign for the veteran min. and play for a championship contender.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I just thought about this, but what if Miami decided to let Marion walk at seasons end if they decide to go towards the youth movement? They would also likely have Jason Williams' and Ricky Davis' contracts coming off the books, which would amount to over what, $30 million? That's a bunch of cap relief. They could draft a sidekick to Wade, and go after a guy via free agency, also.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The two main issues for the Heat are the PG and Center position.

Here are some PGs on the market this summer. (U) Unrestricted (R) Restricted

Anthony Johnson-u
Tyronn Lue-u
Eddie House-u
Earl Boykins-u
Jeff McInnis-u
Chris Duhon-u
Shannon Brown-u
Devin Brown-u
Anthony Carter-u
Flip Murray-u
Dan Dickau-u
Juan Carlos Navarro-r
Royal Ivey-u
Sebastin Telfair-r
Jannero Pargo-u
Keyon Dooling-u
Carols Arroyo-u
Beno Udrih-u
Delonte West-r
Jose Calderon-r
Juan Dixon-u
Jason Hart-u
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I just thought about this, but what if Miami decided to let Marion walk at seasons end if they decide to go towards the youth movement? They would also likely have Jason Williams' and Ricky Davis' contracts coming off the books, which would amount to over what, $30 million? That's a bunch of cap relief. They could draft a sidekick to Wade, and go after a guy via free agency, also.
That's exactly why the trade was done. Riley is crossing his fingers, hoping Marion opts out.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I think it will all depend on the draft pick we select.

If we obtain one of the good PG's available in the draft then you wouldn't sign a PG as we have Marcus Banks locked in for a while and for $ so you would look for value from him there first.

If we get DeAndre Jordan, Lopez, Thabeet or another big then we would obviously look for a PG in free agency.

Last edited by G-train : 02-13-2008 at 05:34 PM.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Wadeaminute has an OK reputation so far

From what I have continually read, Marion will probblly not be getting out of his contract. (With the chance to lose17 million, who would?) So the heat will thinking about the summer with the thought hat Marion will be with us next year.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Yes its likely he will use his player option as most of the top forward money will go to Brand and Jamieson. Now if they re-up with their own teams and someone will give Marion a big extension (4+ years at $14-15m per) then he may not be so worried about losing 2 mil in the short term.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: