Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Is the Media blind???

Has anyone else noticed this new phenomenon calling the Shaq trade a thing of beauty for the Suns in the national media i.e. ESPN???? UHHHHHHH, did they watch Heat games this year??? Shaq has become a patheitc shell of his former self... not only can he not stay healthy, but the guy just isn't that good anymore... also, they lost Marion in the deal...it's not like they added Shaq and lost nothing... I will enjoy watching Shaq have 5 fouls every night in the 3rd quarter... that is if he can even stay healthy...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is the Media blind???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Has anyone else noticed this new phenomenon calling the Shaq trade a thing of beauty for the Suns in the national media i.e. ESPN???? UHHHHHHH, did they watch Heat games this year??? Shaq has become a patheitc shell of his former self... not only can he not stay healthy, but the guy just isn't that good anymore... also, they lost Marion in the deal...it's not like they added Shaq and lost nothing... I will enjoy watching Shaq have 5 fouls every night in the 3rd quarter... that is if he can even stay healthy...
I strongly disagree. The few games Shaq was playing for the Heats, he was very dominant in the post and kicked it out to other scoring heat players.

He's been plagued with injuries and natural age, and I really think once he plays for the Suns...They're going to be a tough team to beat.

I would rather see a suns + Mario then a Suns + Shaq against the Lakers.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
I strongly disagree. The few games Shaq was playing for the Heats, he was very dominant in the post and kicked it out to other scoring heat players.

He's been plagued with injuries and natural age, and I really think once he plays for the Suns...They're going to be a tough team to beat.

I would rather see a suns + Mario then a Suns + Shaq against the Lakers.

I agree! Shaq is on a mission .... To beat the Lakers. And, Shaq also knows that Bynum is the new "Big Man" in the NBA, and I think he wants to TRY to prove one last time that HE is STILL the "Big Man" right now......One last "Hoorah"! I think he's going to try his hardest to prove everyone wrong ... And that's something to be worried about! Now, whether "mind over matter" can prevail for him, we'll just have to wait and see. .... BUT I don't discount Shaq.

Last edited by Kappy : 02-11-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Are you blind? Probably more than 50% of the media has BLASTED the Suns for making this move.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
I agree! Shaq is on a mission .... To beat the Lakers. And, Shaq also knows that Bynum is the new "Big Man" in the NBA, and I think he wants to TRY to prove one last time that HE is STILL the "Big Man" right now......One last "Hoorah"! I think he's going to try his hardest to prove everyone one ... And that's something to be worried about! Now, whether "mind over matter" can prevail for him, we'll just have to wait and see. .... BUT I don't discount Shaq.

36 year old big man who is first in the NBA in personal fouls per 48 minutes ( a ridiculous 7 fouls per 48 minutes)... he doesn't scare me...
Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Of the games this year that Shaquille has played for the Heat, I believe they lost most of those games. Also, he was a force down low because the East has been the junior varsity of the NBA for the last few years...especially at the center position. Frankly, Shaq really had no challenge other than Dwight Howard, and he hasn't gotten good til this year, for the most part.

Shaq can try to "mind-over-matter" his body a decade back in time all he wants, but Father Time won't give a sh*t. The mind gets better with age, but unfortunately, the body gets worse.

I believe Shaq will only be effective on the first night of a back-to-back and in the playoffs teams are just gonna pick-and-roll him to death, use their big scrubs on him to use their 6 fouls and my personal favorite...wait for it...wait for it......the perennial "HACK-A-SHAQ". Hmmm, I could be wrong but I have seen that Slaqluster Shaq circling the drain for the last few years. Next year he will turn 37 and lock up the Suns' salary cap. I thank him for that!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I Think he will have some moderate success if he can keep himself out of foul trouble, which he has struggled with so far when healthy.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I don't disagree that Shaq is going to have a hard time. I'm just saying that the guy would absolutely LOVE to stick it to the Lakers, and I think he's going to TRY his hardest to prove everybody wrong about him. Again, I'm not sure that mind-over-matter is going to work for him, but I am sure that he's going to give it all he has. Like I said previous .... One last "Hoorah"!! I, personally, think his body won't win!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
I Think he will have some moderate success if he can keep himself out of foul trouble, which he has struggled with so far when healthy.

2008 season.... 7 fouls per 48 minutes...thats an amazing number... he will either foul out or just play mediocre to BAD defense...either way I am happy...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #10
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

lakers4ever has an OK reputation so far

There is no way to tell right now who will get which seed but it is only a 1 in 7 chance that we will even play the Suns in the first round. And they are very likely to be knocked out before we ever get to them. I think the Marion loss is much more of a big deal than the Shaq addition. Only time will tell, but I don't think Shaq will be able to completely fight off those injuries.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: