Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
IMmichael
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IMmichael has an OK reputation so far
Default we officially signed Dj Mbenga

announced by The Great Mitch Kupchack

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080211mbengasigned.html

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent center Didier “DJ” Ilunga-Mbenga for the remainder of the season, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak
IMmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation
Default Re: we officially signed Dj Mbenga

This is good! I liked the way he played and his defense has been great!He finished well around the basket.
He will be a needed player in the playoffs. We now have BYnum, Gasol, mihm, and Mbenga. 4 7 footers! Imagine looking at that lineup for a crunch time foul session.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess this is relevant to Mihm's injury.

Mbenga is healthy and can hustle more anyways. He can also finish his layups and dunks unlike Mihm.

It might be best to part ways with mihm.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Just another body to muscle up on Shaq I'm sure this is why Mitch signed him for the rest of the season. Good move.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

Congrats Benga!!! Taccoooooooss
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I like Mbenga's hustle. The guy TRIES really hard,....and hey, I would think that he can only get better if he practices with Kareem.

Mihm, I'm sorry, but you have glass ankles.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

6 more fouls to throw at people lol. You can never have too many big bodies ;) Hopefully we won't need to play significant minutes, good insurance policy however.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

4 Centers come playoff time..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Is Chris Mihm still injured?
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Is Chris Mihm still injured?

He hasn't been healthy all year and the Lakers decided recently to shut him down until he gets heathly enough to be effective. No time table has been set. They were hoping about two weeks....and that was 3 weeks ago, doh! I have not heard any word since about his recovery.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
I like Mbenga's hustle. The guy TRIES really hard,....and hey, I would think that he can only get better if he practices with Kareem.

Mihm, I'm sorry, but you have glass ankles.

Kareem is out there for Bynum only.

However for the other guys he just gives some tips. But he's not for the other centers at all.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #12
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is he ever not?

But seriously, I don't see how Mimmsee can even be part of the plan now.

Now he's like a brokedown Mbenga.... I don't imagine Chris becoming a part of anything anymore... and to think that he was showing serious promise two years ago....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Kobe/Bynum/Gasol
I airball my layups

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
This is good! I liked the way he played and his defense has been great!He finished well around the basket.
He will be a needed player in the playoffs. We now have BYnum, Gasol, mihm, and Mbenga. 4 7 footers! Imagine looking at that lineup for a crunch time foul session.
So positive...

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kareem is out there for Bynum only.

However for the other guys he just gives some tips. But he's not for the other centers at all.

Tips, tricks, or whatever, I'm sure Mbenga will try to pick up as much as he possibly can. He, himself, I'm sure knows that he was just given a big opportunity to try to improve and prove himself worthy in the NBA. I wish him good luck!!! I hope he does good for himself and the Lakers!!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #15
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
He hasn't been healthy all year and the Lakers decided recently to shut him down until he gets heathly enough to be effective. No time table has been set. They were hoping about two weeks....and that was 3 weeks ago, doh! I have not heard any word since about his recovery.

The Lakers shutting him out till he gets healthy makes sense...
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: