Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far
Default Where will Kneitzel fall?

Where will Kneitzel, the PG from Michigan St go in the draft. From what I've seen of him he's real quick and though he has chucking tendencies he seems to have potential to be a good passer
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where will Kneitzel fall?

Problem is, his name is Neitzel, and secondly he is only 6'0 and more a shooting guard then a point. Who knows, before the season started and he started sucking, nbadraft.net had him in the second round.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 AM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't even think he gets drafted and if he does he'd be lucky to make an NBA roster.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
n_tremain23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

n_tremain23 has an OK reputation so far

I've followed Neitzel's 4-year career at MSU as i've been a die-hard Spartan fan for 20 years now. When Neitzel first showed up in East Lansing he came in as a Michigan Mr. Basketball and averaged over 30 pts/game his senior season. His Frosh season Izzo had a hard time finding him minutes at first, but about mid-way through the season he decided to start him and he finished out the year averaging just under 3 asst/game. He was VERY reluctant to shoot, almost to the point of hurting the Spartan offense at times. His Soph season he started all games at Point Guard, averaged about 8 pts/game, and just under 6 asst/game. He seemed to develop very nicely from his Frosh to his Soph season. He moved more into a Shooting Guard role when Travis Walton came in Neitzel's junior season, and Neitzel began to flourish as a scorer. He averaged over 18 pts/game, and over 4 asst/game his Junior season. He seemed to play his best against the best of competition, Ohio State and Wisconsin, averaging over 25 pts/game against them. This season he seems to have regressed a bit on the offensive end. His average is down to around 13 pts/game now, which is not very impressive for his senior season.

As for his NBA prospects, for a guy that's watched Neitzel play close to a 100 games on tv, and in person about 5 times, I don't think Neitzel has an NBA future. He relies MUCH to heavily on multiple screens to get open, which he's done his whole career, not allowing him to develop the ability to create his own shot. He reminds me a lot of a poor man's JJ Reddick. Although Neitzel is a much better passer, they got about the same offensive game. Drew would struggle MAJORLY against bigger, more physical point guards on both ends of the floor. I just don't think he could create his own shot against guys his own size, let alone much bigger and physical guards in the NBA. He doesn't rebound, he's never averaged more then 6 asst/game, and has mostly hovered around 4 a game. Short point guards who are average at passing the ball, below average defensively, and CANNOT create his own shot are just NOT in high demand. I DONT SEE HIM GETTING DRAFTED, OR PLAYING A MINUTE IN THE NBA. Sorry lol..
n_tremain23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

3rd round........ha ha!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: