Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 06-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #16
DeepStich
I airball my layups

I think that they didn't play like the champs that they are. In the last few games they all seemed scared and sorta showed that they couldn't work as a team. Tony P needs to pass the ball more often and realise when his tear drops aren't working anymore, earlier than the last quarter. I still believe they should have beat the Mavs and that they are still a better team then them - if only Ginobili wouldnt have missed that last lay-up at the end of game 7 regulation (when he missed it, I realised it was over, and that they'd loose in OT)...tsk tsk...
DeepStich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #17
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Yeah, Tim sure looked to be in poor health in whoring the Mavs for 30-10 a game.

The thing about Duncan that hs made him great isn't stats its winning. He lost an to Duncan and any truely great player thats all that matters.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:58 AM   #18
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
What were the Spurs missing to put them over the top this season?
A normal break between the 1st and 2nd rounds. :rollingeyes:
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #19
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Actually, the main reason is more likely that Popazit the m0r00n got duped by the Little General to play small ball, thinking that was the only possible way to compete. POCKMARKITCH? This loss's for YOU!!
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #20
Unregistered

Cool

They SUCK jk
no they were just beaten by a healthy dallas team
Old 06-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #21
lollol604
I airball my layups

bench did not step up. robert horry didn't have any big shots, duncan was the only big man that could keep up with mavs, no reliable backup PG and ginoboli was inconsistent this time around.
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

lets see: they lost in a game 7 to a health title contender after a tiring series with sac....maybe they just had a bad game... a lil bad luck once in a while keeps u focused right
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #23
SpursFan22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
What were the Spurs missing to put them over the top this season?
A reff that knows what he is doing against the Mavs Dirks a BABY and that wasnt a foul on Manu
SpursFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #24
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
the ran into the mavericks
one reason... Mavs ARE better tahn Spurs...

Quote:
Its the decline of the Spurs.

Duncan is loosing his health.
Manu has taken a beating.
Tony is not a superstar.
Old role players.

This team will be back for one or two more yrs.

IMO Manu is goin to be a Grant Hill/Eddie Jones cotract in a few yrs.
yes... i think it's the main reason... Parker is a one-hit-wonder... next season he's back to normal... Manu IS the next Eddie Jones/Grant Hill... i see Duncan as the next defensive Chris Webber as well... in a couple of years... bye bye spurs...

Quote:
Yeah, Tim sure looked to be in poor health in whoring the Mavs for 30-10 a game.
That's what i call sympathy... Duncan seems to be gone all season... they needed something from him to show the fans... Mavs just gave them it... Mavs should have won in Game 5 or 6... think they gave Spurs a chance... Sports Entertainment is like this... all the things you don't know are happening... Money makes the world go round...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #25
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
one reason... Mavs ARE better tahn Spurs...

yes... i think it's the main reason... Parker is a one-hit-wonder... next season he's back to normal... Manu IS the next Eddie Jones/Grant Hill... i see Duncan as the next defensive Chris Webber as well... in a couple of years... bye bye spurs...

That's what i call sympathy... Duncan seems to be gone all season... they needed something from him to show the fans... Mavs just gave them it... Mavs should have won in Game 5 or 6... think they gave Spurs a chance... Sports Entertainment is like this... all the things you don't know are happening... Money makes the world go round...

Do you guys remember what happened in that game 7? Spurs had it won..if ginobili just let him dunk the ball without fouling him...they would be in the west finals...and duncan played slower this season becasue he was playing through plantar fascitis..or however you spell it...and the only way to cure that is to rest...yes duncan is getting older but hes still tim duncan...teh most fundamentally sound power forward in the league and I still think he is the best powere forward in the league today if not in history...plus they picked up 2 young studs to help him downlow in jackie butler and elson...i think ginobili has peaked but i think parker will develop a better shot next year and if he does that he will be even more deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursfan22
A reff that knows what he is doing against the Mavs Dirks a BABY and that wasnt a foul on Manu

Take a look at the replay man...it wasnt a hard foul but a foul non the less...dumb play by ginobili
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: