Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Kidd to Mavs almost done deal?

Reported on espn.com Kidd,Allen for Harris, stack, george, diop almost done deal. I dont believe anything untl it is finalized but if this deal goes through...wow the west is STRONG. Lakers still got the best deal out of the big 3 trades but Kidd is still a great player. I dont think it really fills the mavs needs, they lack an inside presence but it will make things more interesting in the west. West is really stacking up. Thoughts?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: Kidd to Mavs almost done deal?

This would of been huge like three years ago. Now its like the shaq move. It will help in the playoffs.Wher it counts. But The lakers and spurs are still the top teams. I think that will be your western finals. With the lakers winning in six.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

well that makes a nice 3 in Kidd, Howard and Nowitzski but I think its giving up too much...Harris is a stud and Stackhouse is very under-appreciated in Dallas...now they have no bench

As it concerns the Lakers, I actually love this deal for us...while it might make Dallas pretty strong...one of the Laker's weakness is guarding quick PG's and now Harris is gone.

Here is what can them better...there is speculation that the Nets will buyout Stackhouse's contract and he will then turn around and re-sign with Dallas after 30 days
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Local High School Star

While I have been saying for weeks Dallas needs to make a trade, this is really stupid but great for the Lakers! Another top team in the west getting older. Why on earth you would trade a great young player like Harris who has another 8-10 good years in him for an old player with maybe a couple is beyond me. Another west team clearly scared by the Lakers and thinking they need to win NOW! They are giving up alot and not getting much in return, Kidd's numbers (like Shaq's) have been on the decline.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo

Here is what can them better...there is speculation that the Nets will buyout Stackhouse's contract and he will then turn around and re-sign with Dallas after 30 days

He might. But he can sign with anyone, and won't have to wait 30 days. I personally think he would be a nice fit for us or SA. I am not sure about our chances since the roster is full, but he could be a nice roll player with playoff experience at the 2 and the 3.

Last edited by OldTerp : 02-13-2008 at 06:04 PM.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

questionable trade by Dallas, imo.
Kidd cannot defend Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Nash, AI

they just shortened their window of opportunity, too.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
While I have been saying for weeks Dallas needs to make a trade, this is really stupid but great for the Lakers! Another top team in the west getting older. Why on earth you would trade a great young player like Harris who has another 8-10 good years in him for an old player with maybe a couple is beyond me. Another west team clearly scared by the Lakers and thinking they need to win NOW! They are giving up alot and not getting much in return, Kidd's numbers (like Shaq's) have been on the decline.

Getting older but Kidd is a upgrade of harris. Kidds stats havnt declined much. Actually his assits are up and rebounds are up only thing down is his fg percentage Hes shown he can playat a high level still. His impacy hasnt dropped as shaqs has. They want to win now. They have a pretty good team but felt that they needed to shake things up to put them over the edge. Dont really think only kidd makes them an elite but it will improve them in the short run.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

Co-Sign

Harris wasnt a bad PG at all, I would have gone for a big man.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
vert48
Can You?

Quote:

Their window got very short with the recent moves by the Lakers. The Lakers next year will, on paper, be monsters:
Starters:
Bynum
Gasol
Ariza
Kobe
Farmar

Bench:
Mhim
Turiaf
Vlad
Odom
Walton
Sasha
Fisher

I think many GM's are looking to do something RIGHT NOW, because the Lakers are stacked for the next few years.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Their window got very short with the recent moves by the Lakers. The Lakers next year will, on paper, be monsters:
Starters:
Bynum
Gasol
Ariza
Kobe
Farmar

Bench:
Mhim
Turiaf
Vlad
Odom
Walton
Sasha
Fisher

I think many GM's are looking to do something RIGHT NOW, because the Lakers are stacked for the next few years.

Why is Odom on the bench??? Ariza is good but Odom is thriving now
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:

yeah no kidding.. both the suns and the mavs just let a piece of long term future leave for a one last gasp type of trade.. phoenix i can understand a bit because they may not have been able to keep marion much longer, and nash is getting a bit older..but this just sent a really young promising PG away for one who is definetly long in the tooth...
has the gasol trade and the lakers youth made teams that afraid of lakers long term dominance that they feel the need to go for a win it all now approach?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Why is Odom on the bench??? Ariza is good but Odom is thriving now
I think that next year, the Lakers will move Ariza up for defense, and the second team is going to need offense, which Odom can provide.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #13
alexthegod
Local High School Star

I can't see how this is good for Dallas short or long term. What was not mentioned in this thread is that a 2010 1st rounder is going to NJ in this deal and that a second deal will send Wright to Dallas for a second rounder. I don't know anything about Wright.

Dallas gives away a pretty good young pg, two key bench guys, all their expiring contracts, and a 1st rounder? I can't see how Kid is going to be the difference. Especially with how poorly he is shooting the ball. I think it hurts them defensively as well.

Its a pretty solid deal for NJ, shedding about 13 mil in cap space for next season, getting a young PG to replace Kid in Harris, and a 1st rounder.

The salary cap makes all theses deals very interesting.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
I think that next year, the Lakers will move Ariza up for defense, and the second team is going to need offense, which Odom can provide.
odoms a better defender then ariza, don't get caught up in the hype... people think because ariza is active he's defending well and that's just not true... he's just busy... not saying ariza isn't a positive asset but he's not some defensive stopper yet and his contributions on offense are non existent

ariza will probably never be a starter in the league but he's a good role player off the bench

edited for bad grammar...lol

Last edited by gts : 02-13-2008 at 08:24 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

As much as I like Ariza and hate Odom...I still beleive that Odom should be starting
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: