Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default Lakers hit the break at 35-17

If you would have told me at the begining of the year that the west would be as competive as ever and that the Lakers would be fighting for the #1 seed at 35-17 at the break, I would have never believed you. I might have bet every penny I have against it lol. I would think they would be fighting for the #8 seed.

Such a wonderful surprise these guys.

I just wanted to reflect on the first half of the season. They were on the verge of being blown up with Kobe's trade demand in the offseason to title contender in half a season. Just crazy.

Thoughts? Surprises? Favorite moments?
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Lakers hit the break at 35-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
If you would have told me at the begining of the year that the west would be as competive as ever and that the Lakers would be fighting for the #1 seed at 35-17 at the break, I would have never believed you. I might have bet every penny I have against it lol. I would think they would be fighting for the #8 seed.

Such a wonderful surprise these guys.

I just wanted to reflect on the first half of the season. They were on the verge of being blown up with Kobe's trade demand in the offseason to title contender in half a season. Just crazy.

Thoughts? Surprises? Favorite moments?

The reality of it is we are fighting for the #1 seed and the #8 seed. That is how close it is. With Gasol on board and hopefully getting Bynum back, we should be able to coast to the division title because we have a better schedule than Phoenix does. But time will tell.

ALL IS WELL IN LAKER LAND !!!!!!!!!
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

I cant see us being at the bottom of the bracket unless we just sprial out of control. We should be 1-5 seed. Im gonna go out on a limb and say we end up with either the 1 or 2.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

I stand by my prediction earlier with a 4 or 5 seed and 58 wins.

Although I can see a 1 or 2 seed in our future :)
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
ZeN

I cannot fathom the Lakers taking anything below the number six spot. I think if for some odd reason they struggle in the second half they will only falter to the fifth or even six spot, but that worst case senario.

The key will be the big man Bynum.

I think the real story of the Lakers season will develop in correlation with Bynums recovery.

If Andrew can return with little lingering effects, I think all will be possible. I believe that with a healthy KB, Gasol, L.O., and Bynum... the post season will be their playground.

But if Andrew is delayed in his comeback, and returns with serious lingering effects... then I believe it they will compete with the best of em' but will be short of a champ banner.

but if that is the case, I would not mind being proven wrong
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

hard to say, as tight as the standings are even 2 or 3 losses can mean the difference between top 4 and the bottom four... a month ago we were poised to take over 1st place, 3 losses later we were in 7th...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: