Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default POLL QUESTION: Should Kobe.......

Should Kobe opt to have surgery now and sit out for 6 weeks or gamble with an injured finger that could cost him the season if it gets worse in a few weeks... What do you guys think?? Yes- Surgery No- Wait until July
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: POLL QUESTION: Should Kobe.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Should Kobe opt to have surgery now and sit out for 6 weeks or gamble with an injured finger that could cost him the season if it gets worse in a few weeks... What do you guys think?? Yes- Surgery No- Wait until July

No, Wait till July.

If he does now, theres a geat chance the Lakers are not even in position for the playoffs. Thats a bit much too risk, and he knows that.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What is going through Kobe's mind is that he thinks we have come to far to just quit and wait until next year. After all we cant garuntee no injuries for next year either.

This is dangerous what he's going to try and do, but if it's not that bad, he should probably try.

This is why Kobe should go down as one of the greatest players ever. Not even Jordan would have played through an injury like this.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

obviously everyone is hoping that he can play thru the season + PLAYOFFS, because everyone is counting the days till bynum + gasol + odom + kobe arrives. but if its too dangerous i wouldnt hesitate to take him out 6 weeks, i think with dfish bynum,gasol (+bench) they can still secure a playoff spot and kobe will be there when it really matters, hopefully at completly recovered and more importantly, he will be very much rested.

so in my opinion it's really up to the lakers organisation and staff to find the optimal solution for this situation. but either way, dont risk too much. afterall you havent even seen bynum,gasol and kobe play together which basically gives you nothing to expect yet. everything is just assumption up till now... and any final predictions are still dreams, the team still has to live up to...

EDIT: another problem i see with kobe going out, and going into the playoffs, we probably would end up 7th or 8th.. hopefully, and that means we end up against Phoenix or another terrible 1st round opponent...

Last edited by and1 : 02-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

From what I know...a tear in your pinky cant get any worst than it already is. Its going be painful though, very painful.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say wait until July....

But IF it gets even worse maybe he can start missing games when Bynum gets back???? Then maybe Gasol and Bynum can hold fort until Kobe gets back.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
From what I know...a tear in your pinky cant get any worst than it already is. Its going be painful though, very painful.

unless of course it tears a lot more

Not trying to jinx ****. I really think he should sit though and just have surgery.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

i say do it now.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Yes...only if it is crowned with the 2008 championship ring, then surgeon can do whatever they want, otherwise no. I think Kobe would agree.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #10
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Call me crazy, but I say do it now. Have you seen their schedule the last 31 games? Not only is it mostly crap teams, alot of home games too. I would think Gasol and company could hold down the fort against teams like the Blazers, Sonics, Hawks, Heat, Raptors etc...especially after Bynum gets back. Plus, no one is running away with any seeds in the west.

If Kobe had surgery now, he would be back end of March and still have the 8 games in April to play with the guys. If he keeps trying to play, what if he bangs it up bad in another 2-3 weeks and cant play? then we are really screwed. I say do it now.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way. Hes just gotta wait and play through it. If we were in the East then I would say for sure sit and have the surgery but its the west. The competition is too good for us to sit our best player. The top 9 are so close together that all it would take would be a 4 game losing streak to drop to 9th. If he sits, we might not even make the playoffs. Hes been playing well though, adjusting his game to his injury. And when bynum and ariza comes back, he will get more suport and rest. But as of now, he must play. Hes sitting out of the all star game right? Gasol is not enough to lead us for 6 weeks. Hes just gonna have to fight through the pain
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #12
QuentinDVR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

QuentinDVR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST

I think Kobe and friends are trying to get out of the All-star game, but if he is hurt, he should wait untill after we win the champ.

Q.
QuentinDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
mahu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mahu has an OK reputation so far

kind of risky, but gutsy. With the numbers he's been putting up the past few games, you'd never know he was hurt. The only thing i'm worried about is someone dirty player out there (e.g. Raja Bell and Bruce Bowen) may try to take a swipe at his pinky while they defend him. But Kobe is going to do what feels is right not just for him, but for the team. We just have to wait untill after ASG to see how he feels...
mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

lakers4ever has an OK reputation so far

He should be able to play with it based on the past few games. There is no way to know if the surgery will be 100% successful and he will be back in the quoted time. He needs to stay out of positions where the dirty players can take shots. No driving to the basket. Take only wide open shots. Do a lot of dishing to Gasol, Odom Fisher and company. Rack up those assists. We have a lot of scorers. He doesn't have to score 40 for us to win any more. We are one game out of first place but could drop to 9th in no time.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Lakers announced Thursday that Bryant had been diagnosed with a complete tear of his radial collateral ligament and an avulsion fracture, in which a small fragment of bone had been pulled off by a tendon. The team said Bryant will try to play through the injury rather than have surgery, which could sideline him up to six weeks.

Bryant initially injured his pinkie on Feb. 5, at which time it was diagnosed as a dislocation. He aggravated the injury Wednesday night against the Timberwolves.

Bryant also said it was the preference of Lakers owner Jerry Buss that he undergo the procedure now rather than wait.

“He’s concerned about my hand post-career and I appreciate that,” Bryant said. “But we want to (contend for a championship) now.”

Maybe Reason For Concern
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: