Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: POLL QUESTION: Should Kobe.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahu
kind of risky, but gutsy. With the numbers he's been putting up the past few games, you'd never know he was hurt.

He apparently reaggravated it last game, so we have not idea how he will play from here on forward.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my first inclanation is to say yes..do it now get it over and hope the team weathers the storm while your out (20 games) but when i hear he is still planning on playing in the olympics also it leads me to think that kobe is confident he can play through the problem for now... if it was horrible, horrible ( you know really really horrible) he wouldn't be talking olympics
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I would love to say "NO" ...... But I have to tell you ...... Like I explained before, I used to work in a Ortho. Rehab. Clinic for a few years, and if Kobe doesn't correct his finger now, AND, and I repeat, "AND", he happens to injure his finger even more, he could have some serious, serious problems. I hate to lay it out there for everyone to worry about, but it's the truth. Let me give you a GREAT example (actually involving my own daughter) ...... My daughter torn a tendon in her hand about 5 years ago......We (her and I together) decided to wait to have surgery because of her gymnastics ..... well, after about 5 months, her finger started to droop completely downwards...she could not lift it whatsoever ...... the whole tendon had stretched so much that they finally had to do surgery which consisted of a complete tendon graft from her arm to her finger.....After about 3 months it was apparent that the graft didn't take (BTW, she had this done by one of the best hand-surgeons in the country at UCLA Hospital), and she also developed an infection in the adjacent middle finger......after many surgical attempts to correct the finger, not only did she have to have that finger amputated, but she also had to have the finger next to it amputated because of severe joint deformity from scar tissue build-up, arthritis, and infection. She no longer has a middle or index finger on her right hand ...... And all of this happened because of a torn tendon that wasn't taken care of when it should have been. (BTW, my daughter lost an Elite Gymnastics career. She was actually on the TOPS National Gymnastics Team when all of this happened......so sad!!!!).

Now, will something like this happen to Kobe, I SERIOUSLY doubt it ...... I'm just saying, he needs to be really careful, and they need to keep a very, very close eye on his finger!!!

FYI, my daughter now does cheerleading......which she just competed at the National Cheerleading Championships in Orlando last week-end with her High School Cheerleading Team. They did "OK", but they did fall !!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
FYI, my daughter now does cheerleading......which she just competed at the National Cheerleading Championships in Orlando last week-end with her High School Cheerleading Team. They did "OK", but they did fall
cheerleaders? i'm really good with kids kappy, if you ever need.........lol j/k

i have 3 of my own actually... my oldest is into swimming and this year she started the Jr. rotc and she's loving it..
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #20
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
cheerleaders? i'm really good with kids kappy, if you ever need.........lol j/k

i have 3 of my own actually... my oldest is into swimming and this year she started the Jr. rotc and she's loving it..

Jr. ROTC and also college ROTC is great! My daughter is involved in the Civil Air Patrol, and she wanted to join ROTC next year in college (for Nursing, and then M.D.), but she was unable to join because of her amputated fingers. ..... She's still going to try for an M.D. Degree though!!! Tell your daughter, "Good Job and I Applaud Her"!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:44 AM   #21
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

He should wait till July and that is what he will do. He knows we have a really good shot at the title this year and he doesnt want to ruin it right now..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #22
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I have no clue what the real situation is or what Kobe's going to decide to do ultimately or how things will play out, but I want to point out one thing:

Whomever hates on the Lakers this season is a complete sh$t-head. We have had more injuries over the last 3 years than probably any other team in the league. With the pre-season drama with Kobe and Bynum going down just as we were looking invincible how can you hate the Lakers? If we win a title or even a WCF given what's just happened to Kobe's finger how can you be a hater? They are all solid, good guys, and its not like we've had it easy. Every season has had some type of turmoil, whenever things look up, something goes wrong. We honestly deserve a great post-season. I'm not saying we haven't had our share of successes (14 Titles!!!), but this season on an island of its own really has had us suffering more times than rejoicing. Kobe knows he can't sit because the West is too tough. He knows that we can go all the way right now and 6-8 weeks could be a death knell. All I'm saying is that we as Laker fans have had some serious sh&t to deal with, and I can't fathom how Kobe and Laker-haters can do and say what they do and say!

FYI: The Lakers are the Vegas odds favorite to make it to the NBA Finals! The team in the East? Celtics. Imagine that? Lakers and Celtics favored once again to meet in the big show.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
Jr. ROTC and also college ROTC is great! My daughter is involved in the Civil Air Patrol, and she wanted to join ROTC next year in college (for Nursing, and then M.D.), but she was unable to join because of her amputated fingers. ..... She's still going to try for an M.D. Degree though!!! Tell your daughter, "Good Job and I Applaud Her"!!!!!
yeah pretty proud of her... if she sticks with it through the 4 years of high school and does well it can really open some doors for her when she is looking at schools.. she wants to be an engineer....

two weeks ago the punk got to go on the USS ronald regan air craft carrier on an over night, pretty amazing ship.... you know they can put 70 fighter jets in the air in less than an hour?

and because it's neclear powered it never has to dock except for food and misc supplies...
what part of LA you in Kappy and what do you do?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #24
mahu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mahu has an OK reputation so far

Kappy really knows the meaning of "kill-joy"...
mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #25
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

wow, has anyone saying the Lakers will crumble without Kobe for 6 weeks even bothered to look at the schedule? I think only 5 of the last 31 games are against teams with winning records and most of their games are at home. I really dont think a lineup of Gasol, Odom, Vladie and Fisher/Farmar or Fisher and Sasha would have much trouble with most the teams on the schedule. Hell, the bench could probably beat most of them alone.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
wow, has anyone saying the Lakers will crumble without Kobe for 6 weeks even bothered to look at the schedule? I think only 5 of the last 31 games are against teams with winning records and most of their games are at home. I really dont think a lineup of Gasol, Odom, Vladie and Fisher/Farmar or Fisher and Sasha would have much trouble with most the teams on the schedule. Hell, the bench could probably beat most of them alone.
actually 11 of the 31 games we play are against the top teams vying for a playoff spot in the conference, 6 are on the road... here's a complete breakdown on it..

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75650
Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No. Wait until July.
He has proven that he can play with it hurt. Yes, it could get worse, but it is still just the pinky. He can take an injection and feel fine.
Also, he can dominate on defense.

Regardless, Mitch said he will be re-evaluated day-to-day, week-to-week.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah pretty proud of her... if she sticks with it through the 4 years of high school and does well it can really open some doors for her when she is looking at schools.. she wants to be an engineer....

two weeks ago the punk got to go on the USS ronald regan air craft carrier on an over night, pretty amazing ship.... you know they can put 70 fighter jets in the air in less than an hour?

and because it's neclear powered it never has to dock except for food and misc supplies...
what part of LA you in Kappy and what do you do?

Hey, haven't been on in a couple days. Anyway, wow, I bet your daughter really enjoyed herself on the USS Ronald Regan......that's great!! That is a really nice Carrier!

And, I'm from the Culver City / Cheviot Hills area. ...... And I work in Pathology/Lab. Medicine. How about yourself???

Last edited by Kappy : 02-19-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #29
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahu
Kappy really knows the meaning of "kill-joy"...

I'm sorry ..... I didn't mean to ruin anybody's day. I just wanted to give some insight from a personal experince. I SERIOUSLY doubt that anything major bad will happen with Kobe's finger.....They will keep right on top of it at all times, I'm sure!!!

CHEER UP!!!......Life is good (well, most the time anyway)!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #30
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
From what I know...a tear in your pinky cant get any worst than it already is. Its going be painful though, very painful.

I had a similar injury in my pinky from playing football when I was a kid. My pinky finger got ripped out of its socket and to the side. It was freaking ugly and hurt like a mother f*cker! And, to re-set it was even more painful. My hand was in a cast for six weeks.

Not sure if its the same injury Kobe has, but it hurt and to this day, my pinky finger is a bit deformed.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: