Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Stack not allowed to re-sign with Dallas if trade goes through

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3247183

Man Dallas has some idiots on their team. Why was stack even talking anyways? First George now this? George wouldve been easier to replace but stack makes around 8.5 mil. I bet cuban and all the fans are hating george now. Had he not held out, trade wouldve went down and stack wouldve came back. This trade is destroying the Mavs locker room. Guys thinking they were going to nets now are staying and George is probably hated by everyone in dallas. Im sure the other guys in the locker room are thinking like man we almost had kidd, instead we still have deaven george.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Stack not allowed to re-sign with Dallas if trade goes through

With the stack and george debacle.. I would imagine that Kidd's hope of become a Mav are over..

I wonder what will actually happen.. will he stay a net or be shipped elsewhere?

Man its been a crazy trading season.. even the ones that dont go down are filled with intreague
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol mavs blew this trade so bad from start to finish, makes you appreciate mitch all the more...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Stack can't rejoin the team, I agree that might kill the deal. I wonder if the NBA will be able to prove that collusion or if they even need to now that Stack opened up his mouth.

The Van Horn card might have to be played to save the day, but that means paying an extra 20 something mil in luxury tax, owie.

I can't see how George can think anyone is going to want his services after this mess. He can't think Dallas is actually going to help him with a sign and trade deal? He's going to be booed merciously at home and hated by most Dallas fans. Such a bad move the George camp.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If Stack can't rejoin the team, I agree that might kill the deal. I wonder if the NBA will be able to prove that collusion or if they even need to now that Stack opened up his mouth.
by opening his mouth he proved the collusion had taken place...

my dads and attorney and we talked about this earlier... basiclly the way it should be is,
mavs trade stack..he shows up in the nets front office they tell him he's going to be bought out and waived... he is bought out and waived, and that's when the mavs should be finding out this is going to happen... the fact that the mavs told him before hand means they not only had knowledge of the buyout, but it was discussed with the nets and effectively takes the other 28 teams out of any chance at aquiring the player... it also makes the 3 million cash they sent to the nets look even more questionable...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good stuff gts. Boy this trade just gets stranger by the day.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

looking at the panalties that could have been incurred if the trade had happened and the NBA found out about the shaky deal after the fact... $5,000,000, loss of draft pics, loss of the player signed and possible other sanctions... deaven george may have saved mark cuban alot of money and heartache....lol
Old 02-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
chipper204
Can barely lace up my sneakers

chipper204 has an OK reputation so far

i guess dallas kidd re married is not meant to be

another laker keep another all star from western conf
chipper204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #9
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

B-U-S-T-E-D!!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

i kinda wanted to see the trade happen, i like kidd and it would be fun to see him end his career with a contender... but i never understood it, he does nothing to adress the mavs needs of interior defense... add with gasol and shaq it's going to be even more of a priority... lakers, suns get bigger, dallas responds by getting smaller? plus you know that dirk and harris were the top player combination last year? i know harris is hurt but dam, let him get better and you got a guy that's gonna give you alot of years of service...
Old 02-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #11
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
looking at the panalties that could have been incurred if the trade had happened and the NBA found out about the shaky deal after the fact... $5,000,000, loss of draft pics, loss of the player signed and possible other sanctions... deaven george may have saved mark cuban alot of money and heartache....lol

Cuban could care less about either one of those... he cares about one thing. Winning a title.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 AM   #12
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I still donnot regret giving up George. He was a very slow player. His only plus side was defense, but it wasn't all that great.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #13
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

what else was included other than d. george?! why cant i find that..
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still dont see why Stack cant go back to DAL.

I remember when Payton was traded to the hawks from the celts to get antoine walker back, he got bought out and rejoined the celts again.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I still dont see why Stack cant go back to DAL.

I remember when Payton was traded to the hawks from the celts to get antoine walker back, he got bought out and rejoined the celts again.

If he didn't open his trap it prolly would not be an issue
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: