Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bynum and Ariza out for 4 more weeks???

I was watching EPSNews last night and they said that Bynum and Ariza are expected to miss an additional 4 more weeks. I haven't been able to find articles on it...Has anyone else heard/read anything about this?
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bynum and Ariza out for 4 more weeks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Magic 32
I was watching EPSNews last night and they said that Bynum and Ariza are expected to miss an additional 4 more weeks. I haven't been able to find articles on it...Has anyone else heard/read anything about this?
Hopefully they meant 4 weeks from now, not an additional 4 weeks on top of their projected return.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Sounds about right for Ariza, 4 more weeks. Bynum was supposed to be back around March 9th, so thats only 3 more weeks but maybe he needs an extra week?
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Sounds about right for Ariza, 4 more weeks. Bynum was supposed to be back around March 9th, so thats only 3 more weeks but maybe he needs an extra week?

Usually after players completely heal they stay out a few extra games to make sure they're in game shape and ready.

Sounds about right.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

i just want them in the playoffs. The lakers are doing fine in the season w/o them. They are gonna be fresher.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
mahu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mahu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It wasn't quoted by Ric Bucher was it? lol
mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I agree just come back 100% ready and not 90% the push to the playoff is more important then trying to beat other elite teams right now. Lakers will be fine hell they are already battle tested. Things will work out when it's all said and done.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Laker Magic 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahu
It wasn't quoted by Ric Bucher was it? lol

Haha...if it was, i wouldn't have given it any credibility
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

It was prob Bucher blowing smoke up everyones ass. I scoured the web for anything and didnt a thing. Its there expected return time, 4 weeks.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Laker Magic 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
It was prob Bucher blowing smoke up everyones ass. I scoured the web for anything and didnt a thing. Its there expected return time, 4 weeks.

That's weird...i wouldn't have expected ESPNews to be so innaccurate...They clearly said their returns would be delayed to end of March/early April...

Thanks for checking other sources...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That's weird...i wouldn't have expected ESPNews to be so innaccurate...They clearly said their returns would be delayed to end of March/early April...

Thanks for checking other sources...

You'd be surprised re the hate that comes out of ESPN. They dont always check thier sources , they just wanna be the first to report it. You got Bucher for example who goes on air saying how Kobe will not show up for camp, never play in a Laker uni, etc.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

As long as we are completely healthy by April 1st, we should be fine. That way the team will get a chance to play some regular season games together and get ready for the playoffs as a healthy unit.

I think this our year.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
mahu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mahu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I was watching Mike & Mike this morning on ESPN and they were talking to Jon Barry. Barry was talking about how he heard Bynums knee isnt progressing as the teams medical staff had hoped. Does anyone have any other info on the progress on Andrews knee?
mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #14
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahu
I was watching Mike & Mike this morning on ESPN and they were talking to Jon Barry. Barry was talking about how he heard Bynums knee isnt progressing as the teams medical staff had hoped. Does anyone have any other info on the progress on Andrews knee?

What does Jon Barry know about the Lakers situation? Hes on schedule, its said everytime the Lakers play, they give us a update pre game or post game.

Dont believe the haters unless it comes directly out of Lakerland itself.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: