Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Melvin Ely?

According to the people at Lakersground.net, Melvin Ely is available. He would fit in nicely but what would we give up?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Just because Melvin Ely is available doesn't mean the Charlotte Bobcats like what the Los Angeles Lakers have, however, get ready for some people in here to suggest offering Chris Mihm.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Just because Melvin Ely is available doesn't mean the Charlotte Bobcats like what the Los Angeles Lakers have, however, get ready for some people in here to suggest offering Chris Mihm.
why not mihm. they only have 1 real center n that's Brezec, I guess they signed Voshkul but that's hardly a comptetitive center rotation
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

I've never seen him play is he any good? What are his strengths/weaknesses?
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle8/24
I've never seen him play is he any good? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Has a nice post game I live in NC so I saw him all the time and he had a few 20pt games showing a variety of hooks and power moves, gettin 2 tha line. He really isnt a shotblocker, but he's pretty athletic
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Has a nice post game I live in NC so I saw him all the time and he had a few 20pt games showing a variety of hooks and power moves, gettin 2 tha line. He really isnt a shotblocker, but he's pretty athletic

How is his defense?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
How is his defense?

No worse than Kwame's.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
No worse than Kwame's.

Kwame plays solid D. It's the one thing he does well.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Kwame plays solid D. It's the one thing he does well.

lol. I guess so, but still, Ely's D is not much worse
Old 08-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, if his D is as good as Kwame's developed to be late last year, then I am interested....! Sounds like he could be an interesting role player depending on his cost.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #11
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I think the Bobcats need some salary to add on to get above the minimum that a team a needs to have before the start of the season. If they aren't over it then they will have to split the difference of their total salary and the minimum and give it equally as bonuses to their players, so they would just be wasting money. They would probably be interested in some expirers like Mihm and Mckie.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I think the Bobcats need some salary to add on to get above the minimum that a team a needs to have before the start of the season. If they aren't over it then they will have to split the difference of their total salary and the minimum and give it equally as bonuses to their players, so they would just be wasting money. They would probably be interested in some expirers like Mihm and Mckie.

A team like the Charlotte Bobcats are probably not going to be interested in expirers since they are way under the Cap.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
A team like the Charlotte Bobcats are probably not going to be interested in expirers since they are way under the Cap.

you're missing the point. each team must spend a minimum amount. i believe the bobcats have to add something like $8m to their payroll. if they dont, then at the end of the season, they have to make up the diff...paying it out to the players who are on payroll.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 AM   #14
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
you're missing the point. each team must spend a minimum amount. i believe the bobcats have to add something like $8m to their payroll. if they dont, then at the end of the season, they have to make up the diff...paying it out to the players who are on payroll.

Thanks for sharing that information.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #15
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that information.

any time. that's why a lot of teams are looking to the Bobcats to help facilitate 3-way trades...including Indiana and Minneapolis trying to get Al Harrington.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: