Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Ronny Turiaf makes the French National Team

Quote:
FRA - Turiaf makes French team, Petro battles Julian and Diarra out

BERLIN (FIBA World Championship) - France coach Claude Bergeaud has decided that Ronny Turiaf will serve as Frédéric Weis' back-up at center at the FIBA World Championship while also dashing the hopes of Mamoutou Diarra by releasing the small forward.

Les Bleus still have to make one more cut to get down to a 12-man squad and that place will be taken by either youngster Johan Petro or national team veteran Cyril Julian.

With Turiaf and Petro thought to be battling it out for the last place in the squad, the French Basketball Federation announced in a statement: "At the conclusion of the International Tournament of Berlin where France lost to Italy (65-79 ) and Turkey (76-89 ), Claude Bergeaud announced that he drops Mamoutou Diarra.

"And further to Frédéric Weis' injury, the seriousness of which we do not know at this time, the French coach did not wish to take the risk of leaving for Asia with a possible weakness inside.

Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

France is going to be crazy. Mickael Gelabale is on this team as well, as well as Florent Pietrus and the usual suspects of course.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

I thought his name wuz Michael Pietrus
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

There 2 different people. Brothers I think......right LR?

So are Diaw, Parker etc playing too?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope that Turiaf does very well for the French team, except when they play Team USA... haha

I don't think Parker was playing on the team.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
There 2 different people. Brothers I think......right LR?

So are Diaw, Parker etc playing too?

Yeah, I think either brothers or cousins, but let's just call them related. He doesn't produce as well as Mickael Pietrus but he's a solid contributer. Both Mickael Pietrus and Florent Pietrus are in the starting lineup so far until further notice.

Boris Diaw and Tony Parker are playing. Boris Diaw plays so well on this team; rebounding and scoring at will.

France has so many options to turn to in this World Championship.

I remember last season or two seasons ago, there was a competition in which France competed with a bunch of European teams. Boris Diaw was playing well. This was before his breakout season with the Phoenix Suns. Boris Diaw was playing well, rebounding and scoring and getting his teammates involved.

Incidentally, that was when the Ukraine was playing in that tournament as well. Stanislav Medvedenko was on the team and I was really surprised. He was playing well; attacking the basket and scoring over twenty-something points, but unfortunately he didn't produce those kind of numbers for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Seattle Supersonics have the rights to Mikael Gelabele who is also on this French National Team.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 08-20-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I hope that Turiaf does very well for the French team, except when they play Team USA... haha

I don't think Parker was playing on the team.

Tony Parker's on the French National Team. He's still on their roster.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Tony Parker's on the French National Team. He's still on their roster.

Ahh, I had thought I heard he wanted to take the time to "heal" from injuries....
Old 08-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #9
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Ahh, I had thought I heard he wanted to take the time to "heal" from injuries....

You're probably right man, one will have to wait until the time comes to know what Tony Parker's status, but you could be right man.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You're probably right man, one will have to wait until the time comes to know what Tony Parker's status, but you could be right man.

No, you were right.... I saw an article that said he played on July 31st and scored like 14 points... so he's out there on the French team!

See http://www.eurobasket.com/FRA/nt.asp
Old 08-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

That French team looks pretty good. Anyone know when the U.S. plays them?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
No, you were right.... I saw an article that said he played on July 31st and scored like 14 points... so he's out there on the French team!

See http://www.eurobasket.com/FRA/nt.asp

I didn't read the article you posted, but I think the French team recently played Greece and Tony Parker was playing I believe.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #13
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
That French team looks pretty good. Anyone know when the U.S. plays them?

I don't think the United States and France are in the same group.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Going away from the french team for a second I would just like to say I am really satisfied with Turiaf and With all the bball experience he has He should Be a big part of Phil's rotation next year.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #15
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Going away from the french team for a second I would just like to say I am really satisfied with Turiaf and With all the bball experience he has He should Be a big part of Phil's rotation next year.

You're right. Ronny Turiaf provides the hustle and energy the Los Angeles Lakers need.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: