Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #46
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Good Movies That Most Don't Know About

I have seen most of the ones listed and really think that most semi serious film fans would have seen or at least heard of them. There have been a ton of indie or older flicks listed.

But if you want something you may have missed thats older and screwed up, check out Phantasm. The acting ain't all that but its such a screwed up story you'll keep watching to try and make sense of it all. If you ever played Turok on N64, that game ripped the cerebral bore straight from this flick.

link

A movie I just saw recently in NYC at the Pioneer Theater that I thought was really good was Liberty Kid. Its the best 9/11 flick I have seen by a wide margin.

http://www.libertykidmovie.com/
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #47
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Andromeda Strain
Bringing Out the Dead
Dead Presidents
The Driver
Fire In the Sky
The Hustler
Johnny Dangerously
Mean Creek
Off the Black
Radio Flyer
Renaissance Man
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #48
NotWorthy
Decent playground baller

NotWorthy has an OK reputation so far

6ixtynin9 - Very funny thriller from Thailand

Fallen Angels - Nice Hong Kong assassin movie by Wong Kar Wai (also be sure to watch Ashes of Time and Chungking Express)

Two Lane Blacktop - Very cool 70's American road trip/drag racing movie with Dennis Wilson and James Taylor

Versus - A hilarious Japanese zombie movie. Matrix meats Evil Dead.

Bottle Rocket - Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson's first, funniest, and most human move

Finally, a movie everybody has heard of, but few have probably seen because it looks so stupid:

Last Action Hero

I'm serious. I saw it on TV the other day and thought it was really good. If you love film I think you will love this movie due to all the references it makes, some obscure (Amadeus, Seventh Sign). Give it a chance and come back and flame me if you want
NotWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #49
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWorthy
6ixtynin9 - Very funny thriller from Thailand

Fallen Angels - Nice Hong Kong assassin movie by Wong Kar Wai (also be sure to watch Ashes of Time and Chungking Express)

Two Lane Blacktop - Very cool 70's American road trip/drag racing movie with Dennis Wilson and James Taylor

Versus - A hilarious Japanese zombie movie. Matrix meats Evil Dead.

Bottle Rocket - Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson's first, funniest, and most human move

Finally, a movie everybody has heard of, but few have probably seen because it looks so stupid:

Last Action Hero

I'm serious. I saw it on TV the other day and thought it was really good. If you love film I think you will love this movie due to all the references it makes, some obscure (Amadeus, Seventh Sign). Give it a chance and come back and flame me if you want
Dude, Last Action Hero is freaking awesome.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #50
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Dude, Last Action Hero is freaking awesome.

i love when he gets out of the tar pit and wipes it off like its nothing with a small towel.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 AM   #51
Cleaves
I brick open layups

Cleaves has an OK reputation so far

Sexy Beast

Lagaan- an Indian movie
Cleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #52
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaves
Sexy Beast

Lagaan- an Indian movie

thats really famous lol.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #53
No.45
Triangle Defense

No.45 has an OK reputation so far