Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Hi Everyone. A Few Points I Decided To Make.

People have generally become more rude in the Main Forum. I'll post here. You guys are cool.

There have been a lot of new faces popping up here. I just want to welcome all the new posters and encourage them to contribute to SoCalMike's origin of your nickname thread which is stickied at the top of the page.

Thanks to everyone contributing.

All things Laker related.

Who came up with the phrase "Do it Mitch?" Apparently all Laker forums are saying it. It would be interesting to know who came up with the phrase.

I think one day, Vladimir Radmanovic will be a Houston Rocket soon. I don't know why. I just do. I think his sharp shooting skills are exactly what they need, now who from the Houston Rockets would benefit the Lakers??? Let me know.

Do you guys think Lamar Odom for Raef La Frentz and Travis Outlaw would be a good idea??? Let me know.

Do you think that the Dallas Mavericks are more vulnerable now that they basically traded away their important core for an aging Jason Kidd??? I think they are.

I've always been against trading for Jason Kidd. The failure and demise that once was the success of the Dallas Mavericks will be a foreshadowing of what could have been had the Los Angeles Lakers traded for Jason Kidd, and everyone will be hailing Mitch Kupchak a hero for not pulling the trigger on the Jason Kidd trade.

We've had a nice season so far. It's too nice. I feel that something will mess it up and we'll be frustrated again.

The Los Angeles Lakers are powered by Gasol-ine and the Phoenix Suns are Deisel powered. Gas prices are expensive these days which is probably why everyone is carpooling on the injured reserve list.

Jordan Farmar is nice, but I feel that he might be a better fit elsewhere. I want him to succeed, but his style of play suits a better fast paced up tempo team. Steve Blake and Jarret Jack come to mind when thinking of nice Triangle Offense point guards. Trade Jordan Farmar for the both of them??? Would that be an upgrade??? Let me know.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hi Everyone. A Few Points I Decided To Make.

Welcome back!

I say nay on trading Lamar, which you gonna hear alot of us say that at this point.

VladRad trade is a no too, we trade to the East or a crappy team in the West, not a contender for the playoffs.

I do believe Dallas hurt them selves with this Kidd deal, they didnt shore up thier real problem, an inside big man who can defend. Theyll be exploited in the Playoffs and will have to trade one of thier pieces next year to contend again.

Kobes pinky injury is not enough for something bad for us?

KEEP FARMAR, hes a stud. We are just bringing him up like we did D Fish, he'll become a perfect triangle point guard in the end.

Again, welcome back to the board, its been awile since Ive seen you post in here anyhow.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Who came up with the phrase "Do it Mitch?" Apparently all Laker forums are saying it. It would be interesting to know who came up with the phrase.

Not sure but it originated because everytime someone is available, its pretty much a given that laker fans wanted him...desperate times.

Quote:
I think one day, Vladimir Radmanovic will be a Houston Rocket soon. I don't know why. I just do. I think his sharp shooting skills are exactly what they need, now who from the Houston Rockets would benefit the Lakers??? Let me know.

Not sure actually. They have some solid shooters and Battier/Scola are pretty good for them...not sure where he'd fit.

Quote:
Do you guys think Lamar Odom for Raef La Frentz and Travis Outlaw would be a good idea??? Let me know.

Too much time invested in LO to make that trade. LO is a nice fit on this team, you're not gonna find too many players as talented, versatile and unselfish as him.

Quote:
Do you think that the Dallas Mavericks are more vulnerable now that they basically traded away their important core for an aging Jason Kidd??? I think they are.

Yes I think they're weaker mainly because they didnt address their needs and got weaker in areas that the Lakers, Suns got stronger in. Their problem was never guard play, they needed a post presence but they ended up getting thinner up front. They're going to miss Harris penetration and quickness that allows him to stay with Parker and Nash.

Kidd's leadership will make a difference though..but in the end I think their frontcourt will get killed by Amare/Shaq and Bynum/Pau

Quote:
I've always been against trading for Jason Kidd. The failure and demise that once was the success of the Dallas Mavericks will be a foreshadowing of what could have been had the Los Angeles Lakers traded for Jason Kidd, and everyone will be hailing Mitch Kupchak a hero for not pulling the trigger on the Jason Kidd trade.

I think everyone is hailing Kupchak as a hero already lol.

Quote:
We've had a nice season so far. It's too nice. I feel that something will mess it up and we'll be frustrated again.

Well, injuries did hit us again but the team has been able to withstand it for the most part with management stepping up and making something happen. Hopefully we've seen the worst.

Quote:
Jordan Farmar is nice, but I feel that he might be a better fit elsewhere. I want him to succeed, but his style of play suits a better fast paced up tempo team. Steve Blake and Jarret Jack come to mind when thinking of nice Triangle Offense point guards. Trade Jordan Farmar for the both of them??? Would that be an upgrade??? Let me know.

I'd consider that but I'm really not feeling any trades right now..

Last edited by hotsizzle : 02-18-2008 at 05:05 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Welcome back!

I say nay on trading Lamar, which you gonna hear alot of us say that at this point.

VladRad trade is a no too, we trade to the East or a crappy team in the West, not a contender for the playoffs.

I do believe Dallas hurt them selves with this Kidd deal, they didnt shore up thier real problem, an inside big man who can defend. Theyll be exploited in the Playoffs and will have to trade one of thier pieces next year to contend again.

Kobes pinky injury is not enough for something bad for us?

KEEP FARMAR, hes a stud. We are just bringing him up like we did D Fish, he'll become a perfect triangle point guard in the end.

Again, welcome back to the board, its been awile since Ive seen you post in here anyhow.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I agree with you on Lamar Odom but do you think Vladimir Radmanovic would be a threat if he were to be traded to a Western Conference team??? What would he be dangerous on??? That's a very interesting analysis on your part.

Thanks for posting. Keep it up. I like your posts.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Not sure but it originated because everytime someone is available, its pretty much a given that laker fans wanted him...desperate times.

Not sure actually. They have some solid shooters and Battier/Scola are pretty good for them...not sure where he'd fit.

Too much time invested in LO to make that trade. LO is a nice fit on this team, you're not gonna find too many players as talented, versatile and unselfish as him.

Yes I think they're weaker mainly because they didnt address their needs and got weaker in areas that the Lakers, Suns got stronger in. Their problem was never guard play, they needed a post presence but they ended up getting thinner up front. They're going to miss Harris penetration and quickness that allows him to stay with Parker and Nash.

Kidd's leadership will make a difference though..but in the end I think their frontcourt will get killed by Amare/Shaq and Bynum/Pau

Well, injuries did hit us again but the team has been able to withstand it for the most part with management stepping up and making something happen. Hopefully we've seen the worst.

Hey. I kind of agree with you on Lamar Odom. He has been good lately, but when will this honeymoon last??? Can he be good every game as a third option??? If Kobe Bryant goes out with the pinky injury, will he be able to be the second maybe the first option??? Is Inconsistency not going to be a problem for him anymore??? I don't know. I'm afraid his inconsistent side is going to come back again.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Thanks man, much appreciated. I agree with you on Lamar Odom but do you think Vladimir Radmanovic would be a threat if he were to be traded to a Western Conference team??? What would he be dangerous on??? That's a very interesting analysis on your part.

Thanks for posting. Keep it up. I like your posts.

He burnt us in the past, why give him the opprotunity again? Ship him to the East, or at least a non contending West team.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Lamar would have been a force on Phx if they had stuck with their small-ball formula. I think they'll continue to run with Shaq out on the court, but I doubt they'd run a LO/STAT/Diesel frontcourt--it's too antithetical to what they do.

Actually, any system that's predicated on fast breaks is perfect for Lamar. By that token, I think he would be great in GS or Denver --
Denver especially, because that's a team with two GREAT scorers and no true distributor.

I would be stunned if Lamar were to don anything but the purple and gold this year, however. He's been playing well off of Pau and Kobe, and I think the potential LO/Pau/AB frontcourt (HUGE!) is too fascinating to not give a decent chance.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Yo sizzle
I'm lovin that avatar boy...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: