Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why Are We Standing Still?

Not too long ago, Dunleavy, Baylor, and Sterling were in the middle of hating each other's inability to improve the team. Now, in the heat of trade season, we're standing still while everyone sround us is stacking up. There are many things we could do to improve the team, why aren't we doing anything?
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Are We Standing Still?

Because we have nothing of any interest to any team. Do we have any young talent? Nope, our rookie is 24 and with Maggette being a toss-up, I'm confident we want to keep him.

Our best bargaining chip right now is our first rounder, but do we want to deal that? I wouldn't, which then leaves Sammy, but teams are waiting for him to be bought out
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far

Maybe we can get lucky like the Hawks and get an All-star without giving much up. I would have given up our bench guys (Ross, Dickua, A.William T.Thomas 2nd pick) for Bibby.

I wish we could hold on to Maggette, hes really good. His numbers were down the last few year cause he was hurt and coming of the bench. He a 20ppg guy even with Brand playing. It would be nice to use our pick to trade for a 3pt shooter, then have Thorton comes off the Bench with Mobley, Thomas. Thats a strong bench.. Next thing you no we are up and coming again and a good point will want to come to us.. Or is it to late with this squad???
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

West teams continue to look for ways to load up

By Johnny Ludden and Adrian Wojnarowski
February 18, 2008

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to pry Mike Miller out of Memphis with an offer of expiring contracts that includes a package of Sam Cassell and Aaron Williams. The Grizzlies want the Clippers first-round pick in 2008, and so far, the Clippers are balking.

This would be a great trade for the Clippers...

But A first-round pick in 2008 is waaaaay too much for Miller...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Bad deal, maybe maggette for Miller..I wish Maggette would just say if hes staying or leaving

Last edited by sdavis1781 : 02-19-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation

Good to see we didnt move Cassell Baylor and Sterling are a joke....with the Lakers the way they are no one is going to go to clippers games and Im not going to give that organization any money....what a joke
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Its clear that Sterling does not want to win. If he did he would have gotten rid of Baylor a long time ago.. They are both jokes that like to blame it on the coaches..If I were Dunlevey I would want to leave the team..

I really wonder if they even try to make deals or care.. There needs to be a new NBA rule saying that if an owner fails to try to improve his team they get killed or fined..

I love the Clippers but cant we boycott them forcing Sterling to sale or change his ways!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: