Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #136
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

didn't this guy much better than the MVP let his team lose in 5 games to miami? 5 games? wasn't it four straight too?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #137
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
didn't this guy much better than the MVP let his team lose in 5 games to miami? 5 games? wasn't it four straight too?
i don't really care one way or the other on the nash / kidd debate, but just for argument's sake - shaq got swept out of the playoffs three times (would have been 4 of kobe hadn't hit that redirkulous last second shot against the pistons), yet for his career i'm pretty sure any gm in the league would rather have shaq from any of those seasons than nash or kidd from any of their seasons, so i'm not sure that losing to the eventual champs in 5 games is such a shameful act. mj got swept by the eventual champ celts in 86 and had larry "mvp" bird calling him a god...
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #138
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

but comparing kidd/nash from last season isn't as obvious as comparing one of them to shaq.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #139
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
but comparing kidd/nash from last season isn't as obvious as comparing one of them to shaq.
granted. just saying that getting swept happens to the best of them, but you're right it doesn't really impact the nash v. kidd debate...
Old 08-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #140
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

when both team are playing well no pg looks better than the two of them.

but when they're not playing well kidd has carter and jefferson to help out and create things...who does nash have.

fact: marion, bell, house, etc. cannot create for themselves. the only two that can somewhat are diaw and barbosa (and he's sloppy a lot of the time).

nash literally has to set the tempo every game and carries a bigger load than kidd does.

that's why i think he's been more impressive than kidd as of late....as for who is simply better....you can't really say unless you put kidd in the suns offense and nash into a more halfcourt offense.

my money right now would be on nash.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #141
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Since we're speculating here. The reason the Nets lost in 5 is because Kristic couldn't hit a shot, not because Kidd wasn't good.

But didn't the Suns lose in 5 to the Spurs in 05? Miami this year was better, but last year would've made it to the finals and probably beaten the Spurs had it not been for 2 injuries to major players. I feel that if Detroit took them to 7 that year, Miami wouldve beaten them if Healthy.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #142
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

add to the fact that nash knows everyone expects him to lead his team and that any jealous black kid will verbally abuse him if he doesn't show up while kidd knows most people are focused on vince carter.

ok, ok, i was playing about the jealous black kid thing.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #143
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

hippos - i tend to agree. i actually think you'd have to put them on a different team, like move them both over to minneapolis or seattle and see what happens, because that suns team is specially built for nash, and nash would have a hell of a time trying to keep scores low enough for the offense challenges nets to win when he can't stop penetration by opposing point guards. unless a team really needs a stopper at the one, at their present ages / conditions, nash probably improves most teams more than kidd. i could be wrong though.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #144
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

as for the nash can't play D arguement. i have two views on that.

1. nash doesn't really get scored on at will cause of how the suns play. all of their players accept easy baskets against them at time and usually someone is there to help out anyways. so i don't know people harp on that as if he's losing games cause of his D.

2. on the other hand, his defense does suck and it's because of the suns style that he doesn't get abused as much as he would.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #145
jordan23

personally i think nash is a better player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: