Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
[general nonsense]

Kwali, you are always a laugh riot.

Quote:
If Kidd had Amare/Marion/Bell/Joe Johnson/Q Rich .. he would do the same thing as Nash knuckleheads

Answer me this: Would Jason Kidd have averaged 24PPG on 52% shooting in the playoffs? Because that's what Nash did last year.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
KWALI
erudite

Of course Nash has been better over the last two years....that's a dumb question....Kidd has been returning from injury until basically half way thru last season......Yeha he was back the season B4 but never realy looked like his old self until sometime this year......at his age it takes time to get all the way back...

Lets see this season but over the last 2 no question who is better.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
I hate when people bring up Kidds' rebounding like it holds a lot of weight. I see people doing it all the time, mostly Jersey fans & I don't get it. Sorry but I'd rather have my bigs outlet the ball to my PG than my PG grabing 7 boards at 6'4. That, to me, is a sign of my bigs being pussys and not rebounding the basketball. Answer this, has Jason played with a good/great rebounding frontcourt? Didn't think so. Of course your rebounding numbers will be inflated, just like Manu' scoring average would go up if he didn't have good scorers around him. Put him in Atlanta and watch him get close to 20 per, doesn't mean he all of a sudden improved his scoring ability.

Every time this is brought up you say this. And everytime someone clowns you. Ignorant is thy name.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #34
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Mvps? Kidd should have 2 but he dosen't. Shaq should have 5-6 know but he dosen't. MVPS dosen't mean "I'm better then you" in comparing great players.

Signed the tool who said if kidd has x, y, z, 1, 2, 3. :rollingeyes:
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #35
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs

Answer me this: Would Jason Kidd have averaged 24PPG on 52% shooting in the playoffs? Because that's what Nash did last year.

Nope, he wouldn't of needed to because when the offense wasn't going right for the Suns there faced paced game wasn't working and they tried to resort to half court game and it didn't work as well, thats were L.A got it stops, took away that game. Jason Kidd would of kept the offense going better, Kidd is known for being great in a half court set and running the floor as to Nash is known for running the floor and not so much half court(unless you want to count throwing the ball to Amare a set play).
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Quote:
Every time this is brought up you say this. And everytime someone clowns you. Ignorant is thy name.

STFU. Everyone clowns me? Ha! You're delusional & guess what... you're the only one who tries me on this matter, no one else. You are a certified Nets homer & that blinds you from the truth.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #37
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Kidd is known for being great in a half court set

That's funny, since he has never been known for that, like, ever.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #38
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs

Glad to help...U still haven't shown when Nash was running a half court offense...infact the free falling style of play is the only way NASH could get on the court......on teams that play half court offense they usually play slow becuz they are defensive teams that aren't great at scoring. His defensive failings become more scrutinized and he's more exploited......so speeding up the pace and getting stupid teams to hurry and jack up shots even when it wasn't to their advantage is the vehicle that got NASH on the floor.......Who knew about him when he was just a Canadian Kid born in South Africa.....infact KIDD and an Aging KJ stapled his ass to the pine.

On a Half court/Defensive team he may have remained a back-up

Nash plays streetball...that's his style...dribbles A LOT....over penetrates circles the keys...it's a street style a free flowing game...but he's not more creative of a better passer than KIDD.....and he does not run half court teams.....sometimes teams make them take the secondary break.....and then rarely if that gives them nothing they run a set or basically the pick and roll..........but that's not a half court offense....
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #39
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

what people need to realize is, before Nash got to phoenix with D'Antoni, he was not an MVP, he was an All-Star point guard, Kidd didn't need a system to make him an MVP candidate. I still feel Kidd is the 01-02 MVP. Kidd is the best PG in the league for a long time without a system that did nothing but show off his abilities. D'Antoni saw Nash and emphasized his talents. If Kidd was in Phoenix, he'd be the one with 2 MVPs...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #40
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ....

Kidd in place of Nash would not make the Suns better or even stay the same.

Kidds edge on defense is a mute point because of how the league is played & how the Suns play. Therefor Nash' edge in the bread & butter play, the pick&roll, is now magnified because that's where they score 85% of the half-court points.

Kidd is a lot of good things, but running the pick&roll effectivly & consistently is not his strong point. He could run the break just as well, but again.. they scored 20 points off the break on a good night, where is the other 85-95 points comming from now that you have Kidd to run a half-court offense that's predacated off the pick&roll? He's not gonna be as effective as Nash in doing so which makes the Suns a worse team in my opinion because they arw a team that wants to outscore you, not defend you - making Kidds ability to defend a mute point, like I said already.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #41
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

You guys act as if the ability to score in a halfcourt offense ("Nash's shooting") is completely worthless. When in reality, for a perimiter player, it's one of the most vital abilities.

Ooh, Kidd's a little better at "rebounding" as if that matters from a PG. Meanwhile Nash can do more than pass and hit breakaway layups on the offensive end.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #42
Kobe24
Banned

Kidd can play defense but that doesn't matter :rollingeyes:
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:31 PM   #43
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

which player makes their team succeed more? NASH
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #44
shadow
Laker fan here

Kidd is a better player overall and a more versatile PG. The thing about Nash is he is in his ideal situation. Kidd could run a team like the suns, but he can also run a team that plays at the slower pace. IMO Nash can't do that.

I love the way Nash runs the suns, but his MVPs are as much a product of his specific environment as they are of his talent.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #45
allball
National High School Star

Default ...

For me Kidd. First of all rebounding from anybody matters to some degree. Kidd gets productive rebounds mostly from hustle. He's a better defender and has had success with many different lineups and coaches. The fact that he doesnt have MVPs means nothing since it's about opinion. That's like giving Kidd points for reaching two championships and deducting Nash for having not gone. I personally like Kidd's physical attributes especially his strength. to each his own though.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: