Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Another trade idea *getting boozer*

Jazz:
Gets a decent PF in Murphy to replace Boozer. Saving about 3mil, and gets Mckie's expiring contract.

Warriors:
Get expiring contracts and a backup (Smush) for bdiddy which was Fishers role last year. Wont miss Murphy too much cus they'll get Mihm, a poormans Murphy

Lakers:
Gets a lowpost scorer and defender in Boozer. Loses the starting PG in Smush but also clears the PG logjam. With Sasha/Jordan/Shammond/Evans at point, point will be shakey but Odom can also experiment at point

Lineup:
Kwame/Bynum
Boozer/Ronny
Odom/Vlade/Walton
Kobe/Evans
Sasha/Jordan/Shammond/VonWafer

Odom/Vlade can both play PF when needed, so size isnt too much of a problem. When either plays PF, Boozer can slide to Center. Very flexible lineup with Kobe as the core.
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

This is a great trade! It works for everyone. Utah gets a PF that fits their system better and an expiring contract to save some money with. Lakers get the inside help that we need; a true PF, which allows Odom to play his natural position, SF, and give the point a try as well. Mihm and Cook help the rotation inside for Golden State greatly, and Smush can give minutes off the bench for Baron Davis. All three have expiring contracts as well, which will help them become a player in the free agent market. Nice job, and we should use the trade machine thing more often now.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

that's actually a decent trade all around. the only reason the Jazz would do it is to save $3m/yr, which I don't think they would take. Murphy is not an upgrade, is overpaid on a long-term contract. I like it for the Lakers, but I'm tired of all this Boozer chat because:
1. The Jazz have repeatedly sworn up and down that they will not trade Boozer and
2. Boozer claims he wants to stay there.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24

Jazz:
Gets a decent PF in Murphy to replace Boozer. Saving about 3mil, and gets Mckie's expiring contract.

Warriors:
Get expiring contracts and a backup (Smush) for bdiddy which was Fishers role last year. Wont miss Murphy too much cus they'll get Mihm, a poormans Murphy

Lakers:
Gets a lowpost scorer and defender in Boozer. Loses the starting PG in Smush but also clears the PG logjam. With Sasha/Jordan/Shammond/Evans at point, point will be shakey but Odom can also experiment at point

Lineup:
Kwame/Bynum
Boozer/Ronny
Odom/Vlade/Walton
Kobe/Evans
Sasha/Jordan/Shammond/VonWafer

Odom/Vlade can both play PF when needed, so size isnt too much of a problem. When either plays PF, Boozer can slide to Center. Very flexible lineup with Kobe as the core.

post that on the utah forum and see what they say
Old 08-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So who is our Point Guard???
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So who is our Point Guard???

I still think that Evans is going to end up starting at PG 'cause Phil loves big guards and Evans will fit the T nicely.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I still think that Evans is going to end up starting at PG 'cause Phil loves big guards and Evans will fit the T nicely.

I am gonna slit my wrists.... LOL I just dont believe it!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I am gonna slit my wrists.... LOL I just dont believe it!

I suppose Smush will get the start, but I wont be surprised to see Evans playing with Kobe in the backcourt a lot. Evans may be the 2nd best defender on our team...and apparently a consistent J
Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
SoCalMike

Quote:
I suppose Smush will get the start, but I wont be surprised to see Evans playing with Kobe in the backcourt a lot. Evans may be the 2nd best defender on our team...and apparently a consistent J

Oh, I thought you were giving up Smush to the trade????
Old 08-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Oh, I thought you were giving up Smush to the trade????

oh, it wasn't MY trade. but yes, you are right, with this proposed trade, i suppose Shammond might win the starting gig.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #11
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
oh, it wasn't MY trade. but yes, you are right, with this proposed trade, i suppose Shammond might win the starting gig.

I think atkins is betta than williams, at least he's a threat from deep n u kno what u'll get from him, w/ shammond, noone really can even pinpoint his strengths.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #12
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

I kinda feel like we're giving away too much for Boozer here.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I think atkins is betta than williams, at least he's a threat from deep n u kno what u'll get from him, w/ shammond, noone really can even pinpoint his strengths.

atkins is no longer w the team.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #14
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
atkins is no longer w the team.

I kno but kno but he wuz pretty much a throw in the Kwame trade n the Wizards cut him from tha team so that just speaks of his value in the NBA... yet he's still a known quantity unlike williams
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #15
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I kno but kno but he wuz pretty much a throw in the Kwame trade n the Wizards cut him from tha team so that just speaks of his value in the NBA... yet he's still a known quantity unlike williams

agreed. and he re-signed w memphis. I believe Evans is much like Atkins, except a little bigger and more of a 2, but can play both 1 & 2...they are both D oriented and can hit an open J
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: