Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people
Default Off topic: Going to L.A.

Hey guys I just booked a flight with me and a few of my boys to go to Los Angeles during the march 7th weekend.

I was just wondering where would be some of the best places to visit? clubs, sports bars and even touristy type things?

Any input would really help

Also going to the kings game that sunday psyched up for my first game @ staples.

Aprreciate it guys.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Off topic: Going to L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Hey guys I just booked a flight with me and a few of my boys to go to Los Angeles during the march 7th weekend.

I was just wondering where would be some of the best places to visit? clubs, sports bars and even touristy type things?

Also going to the kings game that sunday psyched up for my first game @ staples.

Aprreciate it guys.

Pinnochio's restaurant.
It's like in north hollywood/ burbank. Great food(imo)
Italian food
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

where are you staying? when you say LA it's a little vague because the place is so damn big...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Hey.

There are lots depends on your taste http://www.laweekly.com/index.php?op...023&Itemid=366

For restaurants and nightlife, cruise along Sunset blvd or Hollywood blvd (near Highland) and pick the pick...you'll be partying all night long. If want something less wild, go to Universal Walkway
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

Downtown is starting to pick itself up...some pretty good nightclubs, JLounge, Elevate, Social, Edisons, etc...and then there is an endless list of great eats
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you like 80's metal you have to check out Metal Skool, they are not only a great cover band doing all your fav hair band songs, but they are funny as hell, great comedy as well as great music. Every Monday night at midnight at the Key Club. Its right between the Rainbow and Roxy.

They attract a lot of celebs where ever they go, I just went a couple of weeks ago and Tony Romo, Jessica Simpson, DJ Ashba (guitarist for Nikki Sixx side project), the guy from scrubs and a comedian I did not recognize. They got them all up on stage, made fun of them and make them sing. I'll find some youtube clips for you.

They ragged on Romo pretty good, he was a good sport about it too. They introduced him as Tom Brady lol. They told him last time he tried to sing with them in Dallas, it ended horribly, just like his football season! They pull no punches lol.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 AM   #7
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

yeah downtown is definitely picking up. Elevate is nice but its almost pointless if you don't have bottle service. The Edison is awesome but you have to arrive super early (I got there at 9 last time and went right in...some cousins were supposed to meet me up and they didn't get there until 9:15 and had to wait 2 hours to get in). The Standard in downtown is a must bar to visit if you are visiting LA.

GTS is right though...depends on what area you are staying in...if you have transportation and what kind of spots you like to go out to
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you don't find a way to hit the beach, I will be disappointed! "I wish they all could be california girls!"

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

btw, i have a question to you LA people too.
i heard from friends who were to america, that you cant go into certain areas or otherwise you will almost certainly get into trouble... is that true? if so, oh my god.
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1
i heard from friends who were to america, that you cant go into certain areas or otherwise you will almost certainly get into trouble... is that true? if so, oh my god.

This is true of virtually any major metropolitan city in the world, whether it be Los Angeles, Barcelona or Rome... its just a fact of life.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1

Just watch yourself in some parts of East L.A. The Westside is the best (Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Westwood, Century City, Marina Del, Playa Del) !!!

HAVE FUN!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
if so, oh my god.

LOL! Where do you live? Disneyland? If so, welcome to the real world. Any major city has crime, as Mike said, it's just a fact of life. LA is huge, and the really 'bad' neighborhoods are pretty much on the outskirts and not really connected to each other or any of the major tourist destinations. To 'get into trouble' in those neighborhoods as a tourist requires an awful lot of effort just to get to those areas in the first place.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Man Chinese Theater in Hollywood is a cool spot to hit. They have all the hand and footprints of countless celebs cast in the sidewalk. Right down the street is the new complex where the academy awards are held, the Hollywood and highland complex. Its pretty impressive.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Jimmy Kimmel show is right in front of Mann Chinese theater walk of fame.

PS: AM 570 is the Lakers radio

PPS: SocalMike might be pimping on east side of LA...so watch out. :)
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #15
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086

Aprreciate it guys.
LA? There are so many fricking places to go, it really depends where you're going to go exactly. Downtown Area, OC, Hollywood, the beach communities if you're a baller (Beverley)...A lot of place...be specific.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: