Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Phil wants 55-60 wins

Quote:
And yet, Coach Phil Jackson offered surprisingly strong guidance on what he expected from the Lakers over the final 30 regular-season games.

"I think probably we have to win 25 games," he said Monday. "I think that's probably what a team is going to have to do to win it outright [in the West], somewhere between 20 and 25."

Nothing like shooting for the sky -- 25 would give them a 60-win season.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=1&cset=true

What do you guys think we'll get? We have a fairly easy schedule to go with the exception of a 3 or 4 game span. 17 home games v 13 road games to go.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Phil wants 55-60 wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=1&cset=true

What do you guys think we'll get? We have a fairly easy schedule to go with the exception of a 3 or 4 game span. 17 home games v 13 road games to go.

I think it all depends on the health of the team. If Drew and Ariza come back, and Kobe manages to stay out of surgery on his hand, the skies the limit with this team. Its exciting!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Its a def possibility!
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

We should get off to a Great start why! because Pau Gasol has not played a laker home game yet. This should be the hype that gets us off to a Good start.

And let me say we must beat the Suns this week it would be special considering now they have Shaq and its a road game for us.

I'm not going to predict how many games we will win because, our health is still unpredictable. Damn Phil must feel great about our TEAM to predict 60 wins would be needed to win the conf. Nice...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

playing at the rate/% they have phils not asking them to do something impossible, he's asking them to play at the same rate of wins to losses they have all season... just a little challenge to make sure they don't let off the gas...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think likely they will go 23 and 7... and im sure a few of those losses will be close ones...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I think they should easily be able to win another 21. Which would be 55 wins right? That should give them a nice spot in the playoffs. 60 wins would give them first or second which would be great. But fourth of fifth is ok as well.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im going to say 57 wins. That seems like what its going to be. That of course depends on Kobe's play and if he is able to play the way he usually does.

Who knows, we might be able to win 64 .
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

Yeah I think this is something we all know this Laker team is capable of if healthy...the significance though is that Phil is setting this standard for the team...he's normally a little more reserved about projections like this...I think it shows how much he really feels this team is ready for a good push.

The game against Phoenix is a MUST win...its one of those games that can deflate all the momentum and optimism the team is going on right now and can hand over the momentum to Phoenix. Of course the opposite is the same if we win...cements us as legit contenders and spoils Shaq's debut...Definitely a big "statement" game.
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not too worred about the final record or home court at this point. The Lakers just nned to make the playoffs healthy. I'm more worried about Kobe's finger, Pau's back, and Bynums knee. We need them all healthy as can be come playoff time.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
andredpg
I airball my layups

andredpg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I think they should easily be able to win another 21. Which would be 55 wins right? That should give them a nice spot in the playoffs. 60 wins would give them first or second which would be great. But fourth of fifth is ok as well.

c'mon
with kobe,gasol,drew,odom in one team our target is 1-3 spots.
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I will go out on the limb and say we finish with 61 wins if Kobe can continue to play.

If he struggles and we have any setbacks I'd say 52 wins is fair based off our remaining games.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #13
rebel laker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rebel laker has an OK reputation so far

58 to 60 got to work Bynum:cheers back right though
rebel laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im going to say 57 wins. That seems like what its going to be. That of course depends on Kobe's play and if he is able to play the way he usually does.

Who knows, we might be able to win 64 .
Lakerfreak i was about to post the same thoughts 57 wins for the year. I had a dream
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Lakerfreak i was about to post the same thoughts 57 wins for the year. I had a dream

Mine wasnt a dream, it was a vision from the lord himself!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: