Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #16
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what do u think we have to do to beat the suns tomorrow night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Pound the ball inside. Doesnt matter if they have shaq or not. Get Gasol the ball inside and let him cause fouls on amare and shaq. We have to use our strengths against their weakness.

I would love to see Gasol get them into foul trouble... much like he did with Howard when the lakers beat the Magic. One of the major reasons they won, was foul trouble because of Pau being agressive..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #17
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: what do you think we have to do to beat the suns tomorrow night?

frick...The suns are going to bring out their new heavy gun Shaq...

I hope Gasol can keep him contained under the post and play him like he did against Dwight Howard.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: what do u think we have to do to beat the suns tomorrow night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Pray. ALOT

lol lol That's the first thing that popped in my head when I read the post. hahahahaha!!!

I just don't know about this game. There's a lot of reasons why this game is going to be hard to win --

1. 2nd game of a back-to-back.
2. An away game.
3. Shaq's big debut as a Sun.
4. Shaq playing the Lakers (which always tends to build hype anyway).
5. No Bynum still.
6. No Ariza still.
7. Kobe's injured finger.

YIKES!!! Yeah, I'm worried! .... BUT, if the Lakers do pull off a win ... WOW, what a huge win it would be...especially with everything against them!

So, yes, PRAY!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

now that we beat the snot out of ATL, we can talk about this game :)

I think its pretty simple, We play Shaq 1 on 1. The only way Shaq makes an impact is if he is doubled and can make passes out of the double. If we can play him 1 on 1 I don't the Suns can beat the Lakers. Don't give Shaq dunks, make him shoot the ball.

Second when Shaq is out of the game either Gasol or LO is going to have a huge advantage over his defender, exploit the crap out of that. I don't think Shaq is going to play more than half the game so that means lots of time with mismatches.

It's going to be exciting thats for sure!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #20
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
now that we beat the snot out of ATL, we can talk about this game :)

I think its pretty simple, We play Shaq 1 on 1. The only way Shaq makes an impact is if he is doubled and can make passes out of the double. If we can play him 1 on 1 I don't the Suns can beat the Lakers. Don't give Shaq dunks, make him shoot the ball.

Second when Shaq is out of the game either Gasol or LO is going to have a huge advantage over his defender, exploit the crap out of that. I don't think Shaq is going to play more than half the game so that means lots of time with mismatches.

It's going to be exciting thats for sure!

I'm not sure if Gasol can contain him though. This is a scenario where you need Ronny or Bynum to guard Shaq, someone who can grind it out with him and put pressure on him. Gasol is a great defender, but being a prominent European baller, I dont he has the strength or pressure to contain Shaq.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #21
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers need to WANT this game.

Thats what you need to win on the road...KILLER INSTINCT. And I don't know if this team has it. It's a huge game...lots of hype....they need to rise to the occasion and match PHX intensity. Can they do it????

I hope so. But should be a tough one. We will learn a lot about this team tomorrow.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: