Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Maggette/Haywood for TMac/Horford

Maggette is crucial to a run at ft% for my team, and with his player option at the end of the season, I see him playing well during the second half. I also dont feel great about TMac's knee.

CP
Terry
Maggette
Artest
Dirk
Mike Miller
Amare
Wilcox
Kenyon
Hinrich
Haywood
Arenas
JO

Your thoughts?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
JohanIsMySavior
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JohanIsMySavior has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maggette/Haywood for TMac/Horford

i like tmac and horford better
JohanIsMySavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Barring injuries, I'd rather have TMac and Horford, but you just cant count on TMac to stay healthy. I think its in your best interest to hold onto Maggette.

The only thing is you only are asking for 40 more games out of TMac at this point. Hes had a break, hes healthy again, and the Rockets are in a playoff hunt.

The only thing you lose out of Maggette is his FT% (which helps more than people thing due to the high volume of FTA), but McGrady gets you a little of everything.

If you feel like you dont have enough to win your league, or you need some extra assists and threes, this may be a gamble worth taking. Otherwise, I would stand pat. Its a big risk, but I know you know that.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think TMAC is terribly overrated in fantasy. Those %s are disgusting. Cory has put together a quietly great year. I had no idea he was shooting 47.5%. I think the Haywood/Horford is close enough to a wash to not even consider it. It's Cory vs TMAC and if you need FT%, it's a no brainer to stick with Cory.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Keep in mind, Maggette's FG% is high because he had a big 2 week scoring. Before that, he was around 42-43%. I still think Corey is a better option right now though.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

How about Terry and Haywood for TMac and a throw in, which would be Ricky Davis?

I'd probably drop Davis for a wire player, as there are some decent guys available, or maybe keep Davis in case Wade shuts it down. Either way he'd be on my bench, and I'd be making room for Arenas in my lineup while upgrading to TMac's scoring, rebounds and assists without losing threes from Terry. Haywood is on my bench right now as well.

The guy's been bartering with me back and forth repeatedly, and this is about as low as I'll go in terms of what I'm getting back compared to what I'm offering. Your thoughts?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
How about Terry and Haywood for TMac and a throw in, which would be Ricky Davis?

I'd probably drop Davis for a wire player, as there are some decent guys available, or maybe keep Davis in case Wade shuts it down. Either way he'd be on my bench, and I'd be making room for Arenas in my lineup while upgrading to TMac's scoring, rebounds and assists without losing threes from Terry. Haywood is on my bench right now as well.

The guy's been bartering with me back and forth repeatedly, and this is about as low as I'll go in terms of what I'm getting back compared to what I'm offering. Your thoughts?

Yeah I think that is a deal to accept. I don't like TMAC if you're trying to win FT% but just as a trade chip, you can flip TMAC probably into something better then Terry.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: