Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Articles on VC's contract Status.

VCDrives posting in the other thread got me digging a little bit, here are the articles:

Quote:
Carter an option?

With all the money the Magic should have next summer to spend on free agents -- they are expected to be $12 million under the salary cap -- it's interesting that Daytona Beach's Vince Carter of the New Jersey Nets could be available. Carter has made it known to friends that he would love to finish his career in Florida. He has an option year on his current contract that could keep him in New Jersey through 2008, but if he doesn't exercise that option, he will be shopping for a new team next summer. There won't be a lot of other attractive choices for the Magic, either. Seattle SuperSonics forward Rashard Lewis, Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups and Sacramento Kings point guard Mike Bibby might be the best of the bunch if Carter isn't available.

Quote:
The way Vince Carter tells it, he was at a basketball camp in Pennsylvania recently when one of the kids came up to him. Expecting to be grilled about dunking or what LeBron James is really like, Carter instead heard the kid talk about option years.
Specifically, Carter's option year this season.

"I don't think about that stuff," Carter insisted during a break yesterday at his youth camp at the Nets practice facility in East Rutherford. "I was like, 'What?' He was like, 'Yeah, you've got your option coming up.' He broke it down for me. I (said), 'You're my agent now.' But I haven't thought about it. I just let it be and when the time comes, I'll deal with it."

The time could be coming. Carter will make $15.1 million this year and then can opt out with $16.3 million on the board for 2007-08. Carter's current deal is identical to Paul Pierce's contract with the Celtics, who just re-upped Pierce for three more years, through 2010-11, for a whopping $59 million. The Nets would likely look for a longer deal at less annual dollars for Carter.

But at the moment, it has not been an issue "from either side," said team president Rod Thorn.

"It has not (come up)," Thorn said. "Vince has two years left at a substantial salary and when the time comes, then it will be discussed. In these situations, the marketplace will set the price."

Quote:
Al Iannazzone puts on his shrink hat and thinks he detects a genuine desire by Vince Carter to stay in New Jersey, that #15 wasn't kidding when he said he likes New Jersey and would like to retire a Net. Iannazzone also notes that the market for Carter may not be that great anyway. As for VC's proposed backup, Kareem Rush, Iannazzone says the decision is the Nets to make, and they are waiting on Eddie House.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't know why the links for the sources are not showing. Most of the stuff I get is from netsdaily.com
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: