Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

Default Welcome to the team Vlad!

Look at Vlad's stats over his last 12 games:

Vladimir Radmanovic
(LAL - PF)

PTS - 9.4
FG% - .519
FT% -.846
3PT% -.474
3PTM - 1.5
REBS - 3.3
Assists - 2.2
Steals - 1.0
A/T Ratio - 1.733

:party2:
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

Default Re: Welcome to the team Vlad!

ive been impressed with him all year:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61775

LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Well, I have not been impressed with him all year, but as of late, he is contributing nicely. Perhaps the pressure is off of him as well now so he feels more comfortable to do what he can do? Same with LO. They both seem more comfortable right now. LO is beasting recently!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

^Give credit to Pau Gasol addition. His present make Radman and LO that much better.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
^Give credit to Pau Gasol addition. His present make Radman and LO that much better.

When you play with great players that know how to play high IQ basketball, it's only easier to get yours and to make a name for yourself.

I hope Vlad picks it up.

The beautiful thing is he already has a big contract so hes not playing for anything other than to get minutes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Just when I got done telling Lakerfreak how useless Vlad is.....he starts playing!!!! ROFL. I hope he keeps it up and I have to eat my words!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Just when I got done telling Lakerfreak how useless Vlad is.....he starts playing!!!! ROFL. I hope he keeps it up and I have to eat my words!

Well, I don't think you should eat your words... part of the frustration is that they brought on VladRad to hit from range and make shots for himself from range, which he has never been able to do without having 10 seconds of time to do so. His defense is not exactly stellar as well.

So, I like his play right now, but he has yet to sustain it and I can only hope that he and LO do continue at this rate as it would be a good thing for the Lakers.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

Would it be possible once bynum comes back, someone other that Vlad goes to the bench?? His is useful when we have both bigs in because he can spread the floor. But I do think our best line up is odom at the 3, pau at the 4, bynum and Kobe obviously and fish. my only concern is how Vlad will fit into the second unit, will he play the 4, will he play the 3, combination of the two.
I also want to say, one guy not getting the credit he is due (except here in the forum) is D. fish, he is a major reason why the lakers are playing at such a high level. Best wishes to Tatum.

I always liked Vlad, he is a bonehead, but felt like he would be the perfect fit in the triangle with he and odom manning the forward spots, but now with pau, i see how a big 4 will be more effective. Cant wait to see our version of the twin towers, Pau is so long, so is bynum. I hope we can come up with a unique nickname to truly have it our own. Twin Towers is good but not original just like "the big 3"
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

Did I read somewhere that Vlad is 6'10"? I am totally amazed at the height on this Laker team. I think it is the tallest team I ever remember them having. Bynum 7' Gasol 7' Mihm 7' (if he counts) Mbenga 7' Odom 6'11" Ronny 6'11" Vlad 6'10" Luke 6'8" ( I think) Kobe 6'6" That is freakin' outrageous. There are 7 players on the roster at least or within 2 inches of 7 foot. That is unheard of.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

I thought Turiaf was only 6'9 ish? Can anyone confirm what his actual height is, you know how they add a few inches her and there when talking about heights.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

It is a very tall team, and we still got totally out-boarded by Shaq and co. He's gonna make things hard for teams. We need Bynum back to occupy that big body. But back to Vlad. I was really impressed with his defense and passing, moreso than his scoring. He has been putting his ass on the line, jumping into passing lanes and keeping quicker guys in front of him which have let our other guys force turnovers.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
SCV42
Buck Foston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
I thought Turiaf was only 6'9 ish? Can anyone confirm what his actual height is, you know how they add a few inches her and there when talking about heights.

I think he was listed as 6'9 playing for Gonzaga, so unless he grew he probably is the same height. He plays like a big man though!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: