Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default OT: 2 things you probably didn't know regarding reputation

1. negative reps don't affect the people you direct them to if they have higher reps than you.

2. I have the highest reputation on this board.

so stop being a chicken**** and trying to give me a negative rep, ok? you know what I see when I look at my rep? a bunch of grey boxes followed by explatives, with greens tossed in here and there.

if you have a problem with something I say, reply or PM me. we can work it out like mature human beings instead of doing the internet equivalent of leaving a cherrybomb in my mailbox... and then having it not work. I've checked my rep in the User CP three times in my entire career on the new forum. so I probably won't know you're mad at me in the first place and if you think you're cutting me to the heart by giving me red rep, you aren't. it's grey. it does nothing.

so let's do one of two things.

1. petition to get rid of reputation on this board because it's stupid and doesn't mean anything.

2. stop being retarded and leaving negative reputation for posts you disagree with. especially to me. leave negative reputation for useless spammers who deserve it, not Gobb because he hurt your self-esteem, or me because you can't understand satire.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Just don't click on you're user rep. and you will be fine.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I agree
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
II Peter
Kids at the park dunk on me

II Peter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
1. negative reps don't affect the people you direct them to if they have higher reps than you.

2. I have the highest reputation on this board.

so stop being a chicken**** and trying to give me a negative rep, ok? you know what I see when I look at my rep? a bunch of grey boxes followed by explatives, with greens tossed in here and there.

if you have a problem with something I say, reply or PM me. we can work it out like mature human beings instead of doing the internet equivalent of leaving a cherrybomb in my mailbox... and then having it not work. I've checked my rep in the User CP three times in my entire career on the new forum. so I probably won't know you're mad at me in the first place and if you think you're cutting me to the heart by giving me red rep, you aren't. it's grey. it does nothing.

so let's do one of two things.

1. petition to get rid of reputation on this board because it's stupid and doesn't mean anything.

2. stop being retarded and leaving negative reputation for posts you disagree with. especially to me. leave negative reputation for useless spammers who deserve it, not Gobb because he hurt your self-esteem, or me because you can't understand satire.

Question, if it doesn't mean anything, why did you start this thread?
II Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Peter

He got you there
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

When the reputation of my posts on a basketball forum starts affecting my quality of life, I'll start caring.

But right now, I don't know of any clubs or restaraunts that check your little green or red button on the way in, so I'm safe.

Phew.

(For real, man, does it matter?)
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Peter

He's an egotistical self important geek with little man syndrome.

That probably sums it up.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

so highest rep on the boards can't be knocked even if he acts like an *******....great system
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Cause discussion isn't possible if the proper response to disagreement isn't to talk about it. Nowadays the proper response to disagreement is to leave a negative rep that the person will never see and that won't affect them. It's a stupid system but if it's going to exist we should at least use it correctly.

Oh yeah AND it's anonymous. Total ***** move. What a horrible system. Discourages discussion, doesn't really affect anything, and for those of you who DO care about their reputation, it's possible to ruin that reputation without ever showing your face. The internet is anonymous enough as it is. It's dumb, get rid of it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #10
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
He's an egotistical self important geek with little man syndrome.

That probably sums it up.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
Kobe24
Banned

Geewiz can act like a ***** and his rep will never go down unless someone gets a higher rep than him can rep him?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
II Peter
Kids at the park dunk on me

II Peter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
He got you there

And...what does that mean? If it really meant nothing this thread would not have been started. If something doesn't mean anything to me I'm not going to start a thread about it.
II Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Here's a good grey box that I got awhile ago:

Quote:
suck a **** *****, phxphan

I love getting those.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #14
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I have 18 points total. How much do you have?
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #15
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

Are points just from good reps or total reps, good and bad? I have 19.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: