Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default can bosh develop a three point shot

his size and physique show that hes capable of shooting long range. anyone think if he works at it enough, he can develop a decent three point shot.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He could but he shouldn't. He is already too perimeter oriented - sort of worries me. The last thing he needs is to get farther away from the basket.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
his size and physique show that hes capable of shooting long range. anyone think if he works at it enough, he can develop a decent three point shot.

He doesn't need one. It would detract from his game.

I haven't seen any power forward that plays i na comparable style to Bosh, he looks bloody hard to guard. No reason to turn him into Sam Perkins.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
bracer028
Banned

bracer028 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

he doesn't need it...

he just needs a 16-18 footer
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Bosh needs to play big more. During the Nets game this year, they stuck Richard Jefferson on him and Bosh got stopped.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
He could but he shouldn't. He is already too perimeter oriented - sort of worries me. The last thing he needs is to get farther away from the basket.
I disagree. He doesn't have the body to play on the low block, pretty much everything Bosh does is from 15-18 feet. Why shouldn't he develop the capability to hit an open three? It's not like he'd take more than 2 or 3 in a game. I don't think he should become a three point shooter, because his go-to zone should be the midrange, but having the ability would be good for a player such as him. You need to make them honor you if you catch it at the 3 line or you'll just pass it off and lose the scoring opportunity that can come from having a center have to step all the way out to the 3 line against a much faster player.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I disagree. He doesn't have the body to play on the low block, pretty much everything Bosh does is from 15-18 feet. Why shouldn't he develop the capability to hit an open three? It's not like he'd take more than 2 or 3 in a game. I don't think he should become a three point shooter, because his go-to zone should be the midrange, but having the ability would be good for a player such as him. You need to make them honor you if you catch it at the 3 line or you'll just pass it off and lose the scoring opportunity that can come from having a center have to step all the way out to the 3 line against a much faster player.

He doesn't have the body to play on the block but that doesn't mean he can't get to the basket. Over the season Bosh has gone away from driving in because he is getting good at making the 15 foot jumper. The more he does that, the more inconsistent he will get. Why should he settle for jump shots when he can drive in and get fouled (which happens a lot to him because of his frame, I bet he is top 10 in free throws attempted which is rare for a PF) or blow by the defender. WHY should he develop a three point shot when he can get a higher % shot at ease. There is no point to it, if anything Bosh needs to be more aggresive and needs to utilize his quickness even more.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I don't want Bosh shooting 3's.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
I can't really add to that.

Said it best, "He could but he shouldn't."
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I've said it a million times, if Bosh starts shooting 3s regularly, I'll take the next train to Toronto and slap him myself.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #11
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I've said it a million times, if Bosh starts shooting 3s regularly, I'll take the next train to Toronto and slap him myself.
Holla.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Sham
Great young streetballer

Sham has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo

They have trains in Newfoundland?
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #13
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default hah

most of the people in this thread share the same views as i do on this matter. bosh needs to stay more in the post, keep attacking, keep driving, and let that open up his jumpers. 3's are a waste of time with Bosh, they already have charlie and need an established scorer in the paint.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 AM   #14
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Hopefully he does start to develop a 3 point shot and hopefully he falls in love with it and that's all he does. Just makes it that much easier, not that we'll need it in a few years, for the Magic.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 AM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

sure bosh should be a post player, but how is adding anothr dimension to his game a bad thing??
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: