Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Chris Bosh in the future = skinnier Antoine Walker

BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #17
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
sure bosh should be a post player, but how is adding anothr dimension to his game a bad thing??

It's a bad thing because it is so easy to fall in love with the 3 pointer. It's a bad thing because why should he concentrate on shooting from shooting 20 feet away from the basket when he could easily blow by his defender and get a higher % shot. It'll reduce his aggresiveness and it's just unneccesary. If it's not broke, don't fix it!
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #18
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

Bosh can easily develop a 3point shot. Matter fact, i wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent shot from the 3.

If you watch Bosh enough, you'll see that his game is taking you off the dribble, or the midrange to top of the key shot. That shot is almost automatic. I'm surprised when he doesn't hit that shot.

So basically, take that shot and move it back like 3 feet and he's at 3point range. Considering the ease with how he shoots and hits that shot, i could definitely see him being as good of a 3point shooter as Rasheed.
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #19
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham
They have trains in Newfoundland?

ugh this is one of those questions that if I just answered honestly and truthfully, would compound the mis-conception that I'm from Newfoundland. Oh well: Yes, they used to have trains in Newfoundland, but not right now, there are only small remnants of tracks and tourist trains, etc.

so yeah i'd take the train from here in New Brunswick
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #20
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

it can be a bad thing because the more he spends time on it the less time he has on other things, like post moves
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Cool hah

fatal9 said it best... for bosh to be effective, they have to be worried about his drive at all times. going farther away from the basket increases the time the help defender has to react thus making bosh less effective. he needs to keep driving and keep putting pressure on their frontcourt. bosh has a great ability to get to the line, yet another thing a 3 point shot would take away from. he needs to focus and remaining as post oriented as possible to be able to fully take advantage of his stroke from 18 feet.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #22
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
fatal9 said it best... for bosh to be effective, they have to be worried about his drive at all times. going farther away from the basket increases the time the help defender has to react thus making bosh less effective. he needs to keep driving and keep putting pressure on their frontcourt. bosh has a great ability to get to the line, yet another thing a 3 point shot would take away from. he needs to focus and remaining as post oriented as possible to be able to fully take advantage of his stroke from 18 feet.

I don't understand why people assume adding an offensive weapon to your arsenal is bad. To know you can take that shot, for it to be there in a tight game in crunch time, etc.

Having an outside shot doesn't mean you are automatically going to park out at the 3point line.
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #23
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Having an outside shot doesn't mean you are automatically going to park out at the 3point line.

but it means he's possibly THINKING about taking the 3... which is bad... you see rasheed wallace? you see what i mean.

raps have enough 3 point shooters, they need post scoring. 3pointers are the last thing bosh should be concerned about. he's gotta keep driving, keep nailing those 18 footers when they take away his drive, and when he does drive, draw the foul and get points from the line... he shoots over 80% from the line. 3's? what for? if bosh wants three points, get the and1.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #24
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I'd be scared if thats what he is working on. Guy is already way to perimeter oriented in his offensive game. Needs to work on banging down low more. It's like Dwight saying he wants to be more perimeter oriented, its about the worst thing I can imagine as a fan of the Magic. Bosh shooting 3s is the same.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #25
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

I don't think it is nessessary and I don't think he can even pull it off. He is overrall like 1-15 from the three-point line in his NBA career so far.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: