Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 08-07-2006, 05:25 AM   #1
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Default As a Cavs fan

Are you upset over last yrs overspending and this yrs lack of it. Is Ferry not understanding his stars development or is he just goin to allow LeBron to develope with the smae players for a few yrs?
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #2
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Think it needed to be done to persuade Lebron to stay, and there is still hope it will turn out better, Hughes, Marshall and Jones all had absolutely terrible seasons, doubt they will again.

This year there is a lot less that needs to be done, would ofcourse be nice to resign Gooden, but if he wants a Nene level deal they should just let him walk, not worth it.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Could the cavs be holding still because they want to show off there talent before they make a trade. IE Big Z is getting a bad rep but if the Cavs put the ball in his hands enough in the first quarter of the season he could bea 20/8/2 type player raising his trade value. Same with Hughes is Shannon Brown and Marshall play with Hughes, LeBron and Big Z/ AV it could help open the lane for Hughes to show he is a borderline all star type player. Or is this the team that was built to try to win it all.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Think it needed to be done to persuade Lebron to stay, and there is still hope it will turn out better, Hughes, Marshall and Jones all had absolutely terrible seasons, doubt they will again.

LeBron's contract extension signing was this year not last year, they should have really gone all out this year for the signing of players.

I really don't see why they gave so much to Snow, Jones and Marshall, how much were they getting offered by their teams the year b4?

And why did they sign Pavlovic, Newble and jackson for so much without any of them proving much.

But they did make it to 1 rebound short of the ECF, and like the one guy said I doubt all of those guys have another bad year, even though I believe Donyell had a good year, he just had some off games, and didn't do as well in the Playoffs, I feel Donyell was almost worth the money.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
bruzzes
I brick open layups

We still have two caps open...5 million and the 1.25 million.

I don't think Ferry is going after any high level FA...(smile) none left.

I still see a sign and trade happening down the line.

He might be trying to save some $ for Varejao who will be a FA next year.

He may wait until training camp starts to evaluate people. Also may be looking for someone plausible to invite to camp with a possible signing.

It sure is frustrating seeing the action happening around the league with us standing pat.

Still I trust Ferry and Gilbert.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:

This year there is a lot less that needs to be done, would ofcourse be nice to resign Gooden, but if he wants a Nene level deal they should just let him walk, not worth it.
Hughes had a terrible season because
1.someone in his family passed away(i forgot who it was)
2. he was injured most of the season.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:

Hughes had a terrible season because
1.someone in his family passed away(i forgot who it was)
2. he was injured most of the season.
Jones had a terrible season because
1. he thought he'd get to start like he did on the heat
2. he was getting nervous about what would happen to him in his future after remembering he was going to be a free agent after the 05-06 season.
Marshall has no excuse.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: