Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
RADAR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default So Far / So Good for the Trade.

I think the Cavs have a real good shot at winning 45+ games and getting home court advantage in at least the first round of the Playoffs.
Lebron is MOST DEFINITELY playing at an MVP clip, and if Big Ben boards and Ds up like he did in Detroit, Wally World drains open Js after Lebron draws multi-coverage, Delonte can hit shots and distribute the ball as needed, and if Joe can provide a scoring/rebounding punch off the bench, well, the Cavs will be AT LEAST back in the Eastern Conference Finals.
~Dan
RADAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: So Far / So Good for the Trade.

I agree, even with last night's loss. One thing that really made me happy was when Wally was missing all those shots, just watching the rest of the Cavs/coaches cheer him on still. yeah we lost but it really did put a smile on my face to see that they're not gonna let each others confidence get down and they're not gonna let a loss break them apart (cough, Knicks)
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
bisk

I'd rather see them winning then keeping each other happy after losing a must win game...
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I'd rather see them winning then keeping each other happy after losing a must win game...

How was last night a must win?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
bisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
How was last night a must win?

What the hell are you talking about?
If you talk about the bucks game..yea it was a must win
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
InLebronWeTrust

i thought you posted that after the boston game. But anyway, why was it a must win?

We're a game back from toronto right now, are you leaning to that?

Our next five we should go 5-0.

They have to play in orlando which I doubt they'll win. We'll be ok. Ben the guys just gotta get used to the play.

Last edited by InLebronWeTrust : 02-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
InLebronWeTrust

with that said, there's obviously room for improvement. But you just gotta look at the bright side of things. Redd's shot was a fluke anyway. That couldn't have been contested any better. Screw em. They're sitting at 12th right now. Congrats.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
abuC
Cuba

They are shooting 47% since the trade and holding teams to 43%, the defense and offense seems to have improved.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I still don't know if the trade was good or not...Cavs really haven't played a contender and won against them yet. They lost against the Celtics...even though they weren't at full strength.

So basically...

Won against a depleted Memphis team...
Lost to a crappy Bucks team...
Lost to a Celtics team that just got KG back...
Won against a crappy T'wolves team...
Won against a crappy Bulls team...

The games I'm intersted in our:

@ Orlando, March 17th
vs Detroit, March 19th
vs Toronto, March 21st
vs New Orleans, March 26th
@ Detroit, March 29th
vs Orlando, April 5th

...and the most important game of the season Detroit, April 16th...last game of the season which I think will be a big boost for them if they can take the Pistons at home right before the playoffs...

Good luck Cavs!
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

This team may not gel until the playoffs, or even next season. Not only do they only have like 20 some odd games to get some kind of chemistry going, but they also have not been healthy.

Gibson and Sasha have yet to play with the new guys. Andy just came back from injury, and now Z is out for 2 weeks.

Lebron is playing well, but playing on that sprained ankle. I was at the game Friday vs. the T-Wolves, and he didn't seem to have as much lift on his dunks as he usually does.

Did you really expect an overnight miracle?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
This team may not gel until the playoffs, or even next season. Not only do they only have like 20 some odd games to get some kind of chemistry going, but they also have not been healthy.

Gibson and Sasha have yet to play with the new guys. Andy just came back from injury, and now Z is out for 2 weeks.

Lebron is playing well, but playing on that sprained ankle. I was at the game Friday vs. the T-Wolves, and he didn't seem to have as much lift on his dunks as he usually does.

Mathius

The damn injuries is really the shame of it all. I am also afraid that we won't be fully healthy at any point for the rest of the season. Fully healthy, we have a team capable of going far. Need rebounding and toughness? check. Interior scoring? check. Three point shooting? Check. It goes on and on, and I didn't even bring up the obvious things that LeBron brings to the table. A fully healthy Cavs team has just as many pieces to compete as Boston/Detroit, yet I don't think that we'll get to face them with with a full arsenal. The road to the east still goes through Cleveland, though. I think the "experts" have forgotten that. We aren't afraid of Detroit, and Boston will have all the pressure in the world on their shoulders, plus none of their guys have made extended postseason runs in recent years, and certainly not together as a unit in the tough, demanding sports town that is Boston.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:

Anything is possible. Look at the Lakers..."most" people picked them to barely be an 8th seed this year or not even make the playoffs...they were a 1-3 seed until Bynum got injured...make 1 trade for Gasol, he's fit well into their offense and now they're #1.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
abuC
Cuba

The Celtics were a team in under 20 games, it's possible that they can get it going before the playoffs. Most of the players are complimentary pieces, the only new player that really needs to find his place is Delonte in my opinion.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #14
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Anything is possible. Look at the Lakers..."most" people picked them to barely be an 8th seed this year or not even make the playoffs...they were a 1-3 seed until Bynum got injured...make 1 trade for Gasol, he's fit well into their offense and now they're #1.

Gasol was/is an all star. None of the guys we picked up fit that description. And even with Gasol, I'd hardly call LA a runaway for #1.

As far as I'm concerned, SA is still the team to beat in the West, until someone proves otherwise, and their team is better than last year, having picked up Damon Stoudamire along the way to backup Parker.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
Gasol was/is an all star. None of the guys we picked up fit that description. And even with Gasol, I'd hardly call LA a runaway for #1.

As far as I'm concerned, SA is still the team to beat in the West, until someone proves otherwise, and their team is better than last year, having picked up Damon Stoudamire along the way to backup Parker.

Mathius

True..

Yeah, doesn't san antonio always come back to bite us in the ass. I hate tim duncan.. dammit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: