Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
Nygher
Banned
 
Nygher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 300
Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

I'm just fiddling around but here are some trade ideas

Cleveland Gets
Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets
Damon Jones
Drew Gooden
Cedrick Simmons
Picks/Money

Line Up
Arenas
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Picks

Line Up
Hinrich
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Gets
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Devin Brown
Picks

Line Up
Gibson
Pavlovic
James
O'Neal
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Elton Brand
Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Ira Newble
Picks
Money (This would probably NEVER happen)

Line Up
Cassell
Pavlovic
James
Brand
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Damon Jones
Picks

Line Up
Hughes
Redd
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Don't hate...just throwing out possible ideas...not saying any have a shot at happening.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #17
The GM
#ballislife
 
The GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 946
The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
So why can't he want both, you know like MJ got? Watching the man on the court I dont see what else he could do to make people stop saying dumb **** like this. He plays his heart out every night I don't get the insults just because he says he wants to be a billionaire.

because I bet he would take that over winning. Now granted he does complain about the talent around him but c'mon he'd rather make a bunch of commercials, be a billionaire and be considered the best in the game then win a chip and I think he shows or atleast to me it does by the way he carries himself.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,227
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
doubt it would happen, the grizz are trying to reduce payroll and the cavs have no assets on this team to trade for miller they actually said they don't wanna give him away like they did gasol.
NOT ABOUT MILLER
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,227
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
I'm just fiddling around but here are some trade ideas

Cleveland Gets
Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets
Damon Jones
Drew Gooden
Cedrick Simmons
Picks/Money

Line Up
Arenas
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Picks

Line Up
Hinrich
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Gets
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Devin Brown
Picks

Line Up
Gibson
Pavlovic
James
O'Neal
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Elton Brand
Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Ira Newble
Picks
Money (This would probably NEVER happen)

Line Up
Cassell
Pavlovic
James
Brand
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Damon Jones
Picks

Line Up
Hughes
Redd
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Don't hate...just throwing out possible ideas...not saying any have a shot at happening.

when are arenas or brand coming back?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #20
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard
 
2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Why does it matter?
Posts: 1,738
2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
because I bet he would take that over winning. Now granted he does complain about the talent around him


Bron compains about the talent around him and Kobe doesn't? Bron answers questions the media asks him, he doesn't demand a trade or go out of his way to put down a teammate like Kobe did with his ship (Bynum's) ass out comment or tell fans' if you want to see me play get yourselves a Bull's jersey, or get an icon a top 10 player all time like Shaq traded or try to control his team so much that other players (Chucky Atkins) calls him the real GM of the team. I don't see how a Kobe fan can talk about Bron for complaining about the talent around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
but c'mon he'd rather make a bunch of commercials, be a billionaire and be considered the best in the game then win a chip and I think he shows or atleast to me it does by the way he carries himself.


And the way Kobe made a rap cd and his own little rape case a few years back shows he has a few other interests too but we still don't make these type criticisms against him. I swear some of these fans know nothing except what happened last week, you need to learn your history before making stupid comments.

Last edited by 2LeTTeRS KD : 02-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,639
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

I don't like the Cavs all that much, but I want them to make a move. THen at least when people talk about how good the Cavs are, it might have some validility to it.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,886
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
I'm just fiddling around but here are some trade ideas

Cleveland Gets
Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets
Damon Jones
Drew Gooden
Cedrick Simmons
Picks/Money

Line Up
Arenas
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Picks

Line Up
Hinrich
Hughes
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Gets
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Devin Brown
Picks

Line Up
Gibson
Pavlovic
James
O'Neal
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Elton Brand
Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Ira Newble
Picks
Money (This would probably NEVER happen)

Line Up
Cassell
Pavlovic
James
Brand
Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Damon Jones
Picks

Line Up
Hughes
Redd
James
Marshall (until Varajao returns)
Ilgauskas

Don't hate...just throwing out possible ideas...not saying any have a shot at happening.
I would cry in joy hahaha
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard
 
2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Why does it matter?
Posts: 1,738
2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Bron compains about the talent around him and Kobe doesn't? Bron answers questions the media asks him, he doesn't demand a trade or go out of his way to put down a teammate like Kobe did with his ship (Bynum's) ass out comment or tell fans' if you want to see me play get yourselves a Bull's jersey, or get an icon a top 10 player all time like Shaq traded or try to control his team so much that other players (Chucky Atkins) calls him the real GM of the team. I don't see how a Kobe fan can talk about Bron for complaining about the talent around him.




And the way Kobe made a rap cd and his own little rape case a few years back shows he has a few other interests too but we still don't make these type criticisms against him. I swear some of these fans know nothing except what happened last week, you need to learn your history before making stupid comments.

Note: I normally don't quote myself, but just wanted to state that I'm not saying I feel all this about Kobe before this thread gets flooded with all Kobe fans telling me how ignorant I am for saying this about him. Kobe is a great player and I've defended him to the tune of already calling him a top 15 player all time who I expect to retire as top 10, but these are valid points about Kobe that have to be considered. He only served as an example to show how talk about Bron only wanting to be a global icon or being anything less than an ideal teammate who is not concerned enough about winning is unwarranted. Its the same thing they said about MJ and Shaq and we see how their careers turned out.

If we have a flame war now unless I was able to state my view before it happened.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,639
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion. [READ]

Marion to the Cavs?

"

This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

If--if--it's Marion, that would certainly give LeBron James some serious help.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m."
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #25
Created Player
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 732
Created Player has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion. [READ]

Marion to the Cavs?

"

This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

If--if--it's Marion, that would certainly give LeBron James some serious help.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m."
PLEEEEEEEEEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #26
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,872
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
If the Cavs were going to take on a player like Vince Carter or Zach Randolph, I would want a draft pick also.

Yeah, because Cleveland would be trading all kinds of valuable assests to get them right?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #27
MrEncinas
Local High School Star
 
MrEncinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,733
MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion. [READ]

Marion to the Cavs?

"

This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

If--if--it's Marion, that would certainly give LeBron James some serious help.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m."
If we're trading Marion is better be for expirers or at least contracts that are no longer then 2 years.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yeah, because Cleveland would be trading all kinds of valuable assests to get them right?

As for Marion, I'd rather see the Cavs get a backcourt player than Marion (not Carter though, he's done and a bad idea in the long run)
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #29
Optimus Prime
Swaggy
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,959
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

I want a big trade to happen for the Cavs and LeBron get some help in Cleveland, because it is such a shame to see such an amazing talent wasted on a scrub team.

Though, LeBron is partially to blame for his situation because he chose to stay in Cleveland.

But still, a player like LeBron comes around like once a decade. If I were the GM or owner of the Cavs, I'd do everything to build a super franchise around him. Not sit here counting pennies (to the owners) about having to possibly pay some luxury tax.

A good team led by LeBron will make more than enough money to cover any luxury tax.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #30
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,393
MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Cleveland is simply making things more difficult for themselves by allowing Lebron to go out there without the proper amount of help. Every time he goes out there, he becomes more resentful, and if they don't find sufficient amount of help for him soon, they'll be paving the way for his exit, no doubt about it.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy